Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

2008 arrived at dealer today

Old 05-31-2008, 10:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2008 arrived at dealer today

ORIGINAL: 1971cuda convert

Well thanks Mike Ive never really one anything . Anyways were is tupperware with that badge number I hope he doent fall off the planet after teasing all of us .
BTW, it's WON.
Old 05-31-2008, 11:26 AM

As for Tupperware..... He was caught getting top secret Dodge information. First he was flogged, then beaten. After 5 hours of that.... They rushed him off to the south side of cuba...

I know how you Feel 1971Cuda Convert,
I decided to forgo the 10,000 savings for the value in the long run. Even if it's only a couple months.... I want to be one of the first. I saved for this added cost and I guess I knew we "could" have delays. I feel sure many will startt to receive as early as Monday, and we will see action at the plant. I'm hangin' tight
Old 05-31-2008, 12:42 PM

While the '08 Challengers will definitely have some value due to being limited edition. You have to wonder how much value that will be (if any) over the '09 SRT8s given that the only difference is a badge/carbon fiber stripes. With the '09 offering a 6-speed manual I might even expect an '09 SRT8 6-Speed Hemi Orange car to hold more value than the '08s given that Hemi Orange is a limited time deal for '09s, too.

Just food for thought if someone is planning on snagging an '08 SRT8 over an '09 SRT8 for resale value alone. Seems a bit silly in my opinion.
Old 05-31-2008, 12:53 PM

Thanks Andre I didnt mind paying the extra money at first but If its going to be end of July before I get my car I have really considered waiting for a 09 . I just feel that Dodge should be geting us better information and being more upfront with there customers . Sorry wallstreet man typing isnt my strong suit nor was spelling . As far as saveing 10 grand being a hard decision I wasnt around to buy a new 1971 cuda when they came out I feel this is a once in a lifetime kinda deal soon the they wont build cars like this anymore kinda like the last big huraw before the end and being apart of it at the very begining and haveing a first built car is all part of the experience that will most likely never happen agian .To some people this is just a car but some of us are real die hard car people and I dont mean that in any certain way we just look at things a little different .Im not a big car show person but I do enjoy my cars driveing them and building them and if its worth a pile of money in the future great if not who cares I bought it to enjoy .
Old 05-31-2008, 01:12 PM

sorry for the delay, I was hard at work behind the pharmacy counter at the local Walgreens ...

the orange SRT-8 is car number 123 of 6400... you would not believe the traffic in the showroom just to look at the car...hopefully I will be back to D1 Monday and can can get mine!!!

ORIGINAL: Andre@Edge

As for Tupperware..... He was caught getting top secret Dodge information. First he was flogged, then beaten. After 5 hours of that.... They rushed him off to the south side of cuba...

I know how you Feel 1971Cuda Convert,
I decided to forgo the 10,000 savings for the value in the long run. Even if it's only a couple months.... I want to be one of the first. I saved for this added cost and I guess I knew we "could" have delays. I feel sure many will startt to receive as early as Monday, and we will see action at the plant. I'm hangin' tight
Old 05-31-2008, 02:05 PM

on most days your local dodge dealership is quieter then your local library...i thought about heading your way tupperware to view....but had to work....good luck on yours...munganast up here in alton should have 1 soon.......
Old 05-31-2008, 02:44 PM

Is the car sold or are they useing it for display .
Old 05-31-2008, 03:17 PM

thanks tupperware
Old 05-31-2008, 04:14 PM

ORIGINAL: wallstreetman

ORIGINAL: 1971cuda convert
Well thanks Mike Ive never really one anything . Anyways were is tupperware with that badge number I hope he doent fall off the planet after teasing all of us .
BTW, it's WON.
Guess that's why he wasn't nominated for the guy with the best spelling when typing with the most proper use of the english language award...
Old 05-31-2008, 04:18 PM

ORIGINAL: Venthos

While the '08 Challengers will definitely have some value due to being limited edition. You have to wonder how much value that will be (if any) over the '09 SRT8s given that the only difference is a badge/carbon fiber stripes. With the '09 offering a 6-speed manual I might even expect an '09 SRT8 6-Speed Hemi Orange car to hold more value than the '08s given that Hemi Orange is a limited time deal for '09s, too.

Just food for thought if someone is planning on snagging an '08 SRT8 over an '09 SRT8 for resale value alone. Seems a bit silly in my opinion.
Yeah, but... there will only be a first model year once... ever...

Quick Reply: 2008 arrived at dealer today