Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

2008 Challenger - Options Pricing and Complete List of Features

Old 12-03-2007, 05:36 PM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2008 Challenger - Options Pricing and Complete List of Features

ORIGINAL: ResumeSpeed

ORIGINAL: Jeremiah 29:11

Very comprehensive list. I haven't digested all of it but you may have left these out.

The radio is an AM/FM/6 Disc/DVD/MP3 that works with the MYGIG Infotainment(with USB port) system and
I was right it does have a 20Gbyte HD.

Interior is a Slate Gray color.
The STANDARD radio included is model REQ (AM/FM 6 DISC DVD MP3 RADIO).

The OPTIONAL radio is the model RER (MyGIG Infotainment system with HD, Navigation, single disc slot, etc.)
Good grief, that'll be an improvement from my AM/FM single cassette player radio. Even after all the nice stuff that will be offered on the optional radio, I simply cannot understand why people will still want to replace it with an "aftermarket" stereo, of course, it might be that I'm easy to please considering what I'm still running in my car. The only thing I would like to see are some heated and cooled cup holders. Beyond that, I'm confused on what a luxury car can still offer that this car does not already have available (besides being able to parelle park itself which honestly I don't trust such a system).

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 12-03-2007, 06:14 PM

CENTER REAR 3-POINT SEAT BELT (CG6)

Does this mean the car is a 5 seater? I was under the impression that it seated 4. This would be great news for me, as I have 3 little kids and would not consider a 4 seater car.
Old 12-03-2007, 06:35 PM
Super Moderator

Most of those cars have a rear center with a seat belt albeit on a hump.

Why a hump.....to strengthen the body and oh yeah allow that massive drive shaft spin that horsepower to the rear wheels.

None of that panty waist front wheel drive stuff. I can't believe I said that.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 12-03-2007, 07:11 PM

I dropped a $2,500 deposit 6 months ago on a - do not laugh - convertible Challenger. Contract states to be at MSRP and that I get the first convertible in the door and can delay my order if there is an announcement about a larger displacement engine such as the 6.4 Hemi. Deposit is to be fully refunded at my choice anytime. I am hoping for a 6.4 litre Hemi 6 speed standard. I have read lots of doubt about a convertible but I would be real surprised if one did not show up in 2010 in mid to late 2009 to compete with the Camaro. The dealer that I have the deposit at is a 5 star dealer and been around for 40 years (family owned). I think I was the first or second deposit taken. They have only taken about four to five in total, as they think they will only be getting one or two the first year. I live in Canada.

Had a deposit when the GT500 came out, same deal - MSRP. Never followed through (did not like the convertible enough) and got my deposit back no issues. I have actally had no issues with the dealers. Expect a huge mark-up the first year though. Supply and demand. The GT500 can be had now for relatively cheap now compared to when they came out, so takes about a year. It will be interesting to see if the Challenger goes for more or less over MSRP than the GT500 did. May be an indication as to how well the sales will be for the long run.

Presently have a 1993 Corvette convertible and a 2001 M5. The latter is 400HP and 0-60 in 4.7 and quarter in under 13.0. Love the American muscle though.

Old 12-03-2007, 09:32 PM

is there a spoiler delete option & lower axle ratio available?
Old 12-04-2007, 12:37 AM

ORIGINAL: nonsensez9

is there a spoiler delete option & lower axle ratio available?
No spoiler delete, but I believe it is bolted on and could possibly be removed, although paint touch-up/refinish could be required depending on how it is fastened. No option on the axle, one ratio for each model with no alternate choices.
Old 12-04-2007, 09:30 AM
Super Moderator

Brak out the bondo on that brand new Chally!

Old 12-04-2007, 02:25 PM

Ok yall im stumped on this one

ORIGINAL: ResumeSpeed
13 SPKRS KICKER SRT HIGH PERF AUDIO (RC5)
does that mean the beast will have 13 speakers 12 normal and that 200 watt kicker???????
Old 12-04-2007, 03:19 PM
Super Moderator

I do not know for sure in an SRT configuration but common in the custom audio world is to have a tweeter/midrange/woofer in each of the four corners of a car and the subwoofer is the 13th speaker.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 12-05-2007, 12:27 AM

ORIGINAL: Plum Crazy 08 mopar

does that mean the beast will have 13 speakers 12 normal and that 200 watt kicker???????
2008-2009 Challenger SRT Kicker system

1 each 322-watt Kicker SRT Amplifier

3 each, in-dash: 3.5" two way (Poly cone with 13mm dome tweeter) 6 speakers total

2 each, front doors: 6 x 9 woofer (long throw poly cone, large magnet) 2 speakers total

2 each, rear shelf: 6 x 9 two-way (poly cone and 1" dome tweeter) 4 speakers total

1 each, trunk: 10" subwoofer (200-watt) = 1 speaker total

--RS--

Quick Reply: 2008 Challenger - Options Pricing and Complete List of Features