Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

2008 Challenger - Options Pricing and Complete List of Features

Old 12-05-2007, 12:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2008 Challenger - Options Pricing and Complete List of Features

ORIGINAL: Plum Crazy 08 mopar

does that mean the beast will have 13 speakers 12 normal and that 200 watt kicker???????
2008-2009 Challenger SRT Kicker system

1 each, trunk: 322-watt 8-channel Kicker SRT digital amplifier

3 each, in-dash: 3.5" two way (Poly cone with 13mm dome tweeter) 6 speakers total

2 each, front doors: 6 x 9 woofer (long throw poly cone, large magnet) 2 speakers total

2 each, rear shelf: 6 x 9 two-way (poly cone and 1" dome tweeter) 4 speakers total

1 each, trunk: 10" subwoofer (200-watt) = 1 speaker total

--RS--

[/quote]
Old 12-05-2007, 02:26 PM

thanks for explaining that

so if we do our math right...
10x 6x9's + 6x 3.5's + 1x 10' Sub all powered by a 322 watt amp ....... = 1 loud car

but we already knew that 1
Old 12-05-2007, 04:19 PM
Super Moderator

I know a little bit about electronics and 322 Watts is a little on the low side. The subwoofer is 200 watt which means the
corners each have around 30 watts which is a little on the low side.

I think any car with a decent sound system should have at least 50 watts in each corner and at least a 200 watt sub and that is rms power not peak power
for good clean sound. Which you will need when you hear the flowmaster rumble.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 12-07-2007, 03:46 AM

I talked to one of my friends in the electronics course at my collace he said to get max performance out of that system you would need at least a 500 watt amp. but if those 10 6x9's pull as much as some i have seen/heard that number goes up to around 700-800 watts.

maybe DMX will give the audio a boost for the 09 model
Old 12-07-2007, 04:19 PM
Super Moderator

I am not a big fan of 6X9 speakers because they are oblong and will distort sound more than a round speaker. How many home speakers do you see that are 6X9?

Back in the day it was worse because some were 4X10.

Regarding power, it is the low frequency signals that need large amounts of power. If you have low power capability but run the system loud you distort the ampifier
which will generate harmonics which are high frequency by nature and risk burning your tweeters.

That is why it is better to always have a lot of power not because you are going to play it loud but because you can crank it up, have clean sound, and not worry
about destroying your expensive tweeters.

As your friend about how his 500 watt amp is divided up amongst the speakers?

I laugh when I see guys pull up at a red light playing their ghetto subwoofers in their cars. You can tell it is distorted because he either blew the cone or because the underpowered amp is crying for help. Oh yeah, he probably plays it loud all the time now because his ears are almost blown too.

Remember, you only get 1 set of eardrums in your life. Whey they are gone, they are gone.

Honestly, I think they need to up the power on the Challenger. The 322 Watt is certainly on the week side. My sons Mustang GT has a 1K watt sytem.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 12-07-2007, 07:13 PM

I hope they put out a 6.1L manual !! I would much rather wait for the manual, than buy an automatic from this first run.
And I hope it's a real manual stick shift with a clutch!! 5 speed or 6 speed...I don't care,,,just give me that clutch!
Old 12-08-2007, 06:39 AM

ORIGINAL: cncpt2prod!

I hope they put out a 6.1L manual !! I would much rather wait for the manual, than buy an automatic from this first run.
And I hope it's a real manual stick shift with a clutch!! 5 speed or 6 speed...I don't care,,,just give me that clutch!
Hello, new guy, first post.
I have been waiting with baited breath for the Challenger to start becoming a reality but I dont want a auto. I worked in the plant where this tranny was made and I know for a fact that the standard hemi was chip controled in the 300 so not to rip the guts out of this tranny. While it is a fine tranny, a german tranny. The fact it was "detuned" somewhat for the 300 standard hemi and I presume they did the same for the 300SRT. I do appreciate the traction control aspect of this tranny for launching but I want a six speed manual.
Im curious if anyone in the know can elaborate.
Old 12-08-2007, 04:26 PM

Would have to agree with that. Want the car real bad, but am waiting on the manual. Good way to get the trade ins early on It is a beautiful car. Glad Dodge is keeping true to the original and look forward to mine.
Old 12-09-2007, 12:40 PM

There is no need to "hope" for a manual tranny, it's 100% that the 2009 R/T and SRT models will offer one.
Old 12-09-2007, 01:14 PM

ORIGINAL: Plum Crazy 08 mopar

so if we do our math right...
10x 6x9's + 6x 3.5's + 1x 10' Sub all powered by a 322 watt amp ....... = 1 loud car

but we already knew that 1

ORIGINAL: Jeremiah 29:11

I know a little bit about electronics and 322 Watts is a little on the low side. The subwoofer is 200 watt which means the
corners each have around 30 watts which is a little on the low side.

I think any car with a decent sound system should have at least 50 watts in each corner and at least a 200 watt sub and that is rms power not peak power
for good clean sound. Which you will need when you hear the flowmaster rumble.
The Kicker subwoofers have their OWN amplifier built-in. Therefore, the single subwoofer system would be 522-watts and the dual sub system, if offered, 722-watts.

Quick Reply: 2008 Challenger - Options Pricing and Complete List of Features