Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

2008 Challenger SRT8, Brilliant Black #288 of 6400 AVAILABLE!

Old 06-28-2008, 12:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008 Challenger SRT8, Brilliant Black #288 of 6400 AVAILABLE!

Hello all! In behalf of Vancouver Dodge I want to share a unique opportunity to own one of the last 2008 Challenger Limited Edition cars in Brilliant Black! This amazing Challenger is #288 of only 6400 produced... the original buyer ran into unforseen circumstances and was unable to complete the transaction, please contact me asap for more information as this beautiful car will go fast~!
Old 06-28-2008, 12:50 PM

Default RE: 2008 Challenger SRT8, Brilliant Black #288 of 6400 AVAILABLE!

Hello Robbyn.
Thanks for the unique opportunity!
May I be so bold as to save everyone untold wasted time on the phone and ask.....
How much OVER MSRP is Alan Webb Vancouver Dodge asking for this amazing Challenger #288?......AND would the problem the original buyer ran into be that the final price was increased by Alan Webb Vancouver Dodge AFTER the car actually arrived at the dealership?
Thanks in advance for your prompt and honest reply!
Old 06-28-2008, 01:07 PM

For fun I called and talked to Charlie in sales.

at 70,000 I would wonder why this low life elected to make his first post on this board at nearly 30,000 over?
I asked if that was a starting price and was informed they "would" be getting the full 70,000
Anyone else want to inform this guy just how welcome he is?

Old 06-28-2008, 01:17 PM

Hello all! In behalf of Vancouver Dodge I want to share a unique opportunity to own one of the last 2008 Challenger Limited Edition cars in Brilliant Black! This amazing Challenger is #288 of only 6400 produced... the original buyer ran into unforseen circumstances and was unable to complete the transaction, please contact me asap for more information as this beautiful car will go fast~!
My guess is he has probably not gone through the process to become an approved vendor. Is this not then an unsolicited advertisement? Boooo... [sm=shutup.gif]
Old 06-28-2008, 01:18 PM

ORIGINAL: Andre@Edge

For fun I called and talked to Charlie in sales.

at 70,000 I would wonder why this low life elected to make his first post on this board at nearly 30,000 over?
I asked if that was a starting price and was informed they "would" be getting the full 70,000
Anyone else want to inform this guy just how welcome he is?

I thought so. Thanks. You saved everyone else the trouble of trying to complete the call without laughing.
Did you tell him he could sell his car in a heartbeat at http://www.how-about-a-steaming-hot-cup-of-GO-*&^%-yourself.com/ ?
Sorry. Making a buck is one thing. Bending someone over AND giving them a concussion at the same time is another.
Old 06-28-2008, 01:51 PM

On a related note, my wife and I had opthamological appointments this morning. After we were done there, we decided to take a ride to ALBANY DODGE in Albany, NY, where they indicated on their website they had an 08 Brilliant Black Challenger in stock. The price was listed as sticker - $41,935.
As was the case when we were purchasing my wife"s Charger, there was no such vehicle in their inventory. It was a ploy to increase floor traffic - and to their shegrin, it worked - but not to their advantage. The salesman said they sold the black one three days before for $61K and had another one scheduled to be there Thursday - in Hemi Orange Pearl - also at $61K The poor old bastage was red-faced when I was done with him.

I announced in front of the showroom full of potential buyers (quite loudly) that the $20K markup was unacceptable since the 09s would be on the lots in 10-12 weeks, at which time those $61K Challengers would be worth less than the $41K they stickered at. I also told him that the deceptive advertising (of having a Challenger still listed as being in stock and priced at sticker) was one of the reasons we bought my wifes R/T 5 miles west of that dealership at Metro Dodge.
The salesman said there were only 4000 of the 08s made, they were worth more than the 09s, and they had four more coming in - at $61K each. He said "Check ebay....theyre starting at $59K and selling for more".
He - and all of the people in the showroom - looked very surprised when I told him he didnt know his product, that there were 6400 made for the US and another 500 for Canada, and that I hadnt seen ANY 08 Challengers on Ebay with bids of more than $45K. I also said I could get a new Shelby GT across the street from Orange Ford for $45K. I then announced that I was only hoping to look at the Challenger at Albany Dodge since our last "experience" with them when buying my wifes R/T was another example of their deceit and false advertising, and that Id already ordered an 09 SRT Challenger AT STICKER from a dealership in Ohio.
On the way out of the showroom - which was silent at this point - I asked what they were charging for 2009 Challenger brochures, then told him "nevermind" and we went out to our car.
There were several people looking at the Charger (which Ive modded a bit - tinted windows, SRT grille, winged spoiler, red R/T emblems, and smoked vent visors) including a few salesmen. A couple asked if we just got the car. We told them "No, its two years old and we got it at Metro Dodge. We wouldn't buy at Albany Dodge".
There were more than a few eyes on us as we left.
It was a good morning - another thief exposed!
Old 06-28-2008, 02:04 PM

RIGHT ON!!!
I wish I could have seen the look on his face! [sm=laughat.gif]
Oh and Mopar2008, I hope you enjoy your $70,000 paper weight/dust collector.
May it dry rot on your showroom floor.
Old 06-28-2008, 02:19 PM

The sick part.... They will get it from some sucker that thinks the dealer knows what he is talking about....

Even sadder is the fact that #288 was not given to someone that has stood inline with lower vins.....

Mopar2008 ...... If you are a salesman then go away, no suckers here. If you are the dealer, go climb under a rock and remember "ALAN WEBB Sucks" because we will.
Old 06-28-2008, 02:28 PM

My apologies if I posted this in the incorrect forum, I am new to the site and will keep this in mind for future reference. Thanks!
ORIGINAL: mopar2ya

My guess is he has probably not gone through the process to become an approved vendor. Is this not then an unsolicited advertisement? Boooo... [sm=shutup.gif]
Old 06-28-2008, 02:38 PM

ORIGINAL: Mopar2008

My apologies if I posted this in the incorrect forum, I am new to the site and will keep this in mind for future reference. Thanks!
ORIGINAL: mopar2ya

No apology for trying to take advantage of some poor slob with more money than brains, just an apology for posting an ad for a potential raping in the wrong section.
Can you say NO CONSCIENCE????
I hope you sleep well......the insane usually do!

Never did answer my question above, Robbin':
........would the problem the original buyer ran into be that the final price was increased by Alan Webb Vancouver Dodge AFTER the car actually arrived at the dealership?

Quick Reply: 2008 Challenger SRT8, Brilliant Black #288 of 6400 AVAILABLE!