Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

2008 Challenger SRT8, Brilliant Black #288 of 6400 AVAILABLE!

Old 06-28-2008, 04:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2008 Challenger SRT8, Brilliant Black #288 of 6400 AVAILABLE!

ORIGINAL: Mopar2008

Hello all! In behalf of Vancouver Dodge I want to share a unique opportunity to own one of the last 2008 Challenger Limited Edition cars in Brilliant Black! This amazing Challenger is #288 of only 6400 produced... the original buyer ran into unforseen circumstances and was unable to complete the transaction, please contact me asap for more information as this beautiful car will go fast~!
[sm=shootshoot.gif] they are getting desperate
Old 06-28-2008, 04:45 PM

No answer from Mopar2008/Robbin". Thats the answer I expected. It confirms my suspicion.
The den of thieves used someones deposit from December of 07 until June of 08 and then changed the terms when the car came in.
I hope the guy who originally ordered the car and let these thieves use his deposit for six months had a contract, decided to pursue his legal options, was advised that the contract was legally binding and sues for everything they have.
Old 06-28-2008, 05:48 PM

I will gladly discuss our Challenger and answer any questions regarding pricing, payment or shipping terms for those who have a genuine interest in the car.

For all others, Bob, I’ll get back to you some day when I have nothing productive to do. As a woman I’ve had bad experiences too before I was in the car business, so I understand and am sorry to hear about yours. I still, however, treat people how I would like treated and give my customers excellent service. I find it interesting you somehow feel justified in talking bad about someone you’ve never done business with, met or even spoken with on the phone- regarding a price I never quoted, on a Challenger you aren’t interested in buying (or couldn’t if you were). shows some true character. I haven’t disrespected you in any way, can we be grown ups here and find a better way to waste our time please?

This is a Limited Edition, numbered Challenger; enthusiasts see the value in owning one of the collectible, numbered 2008 models. Value is a matter of perspective and just because you don’t see the value (or can’t afford one) doesn’t mean that those who do are stupid fools being taken advantage of. I’m not calling Kmart to rage about ripping you off on the pair of shoes you bought, am I? It’s your money and you may spend it how you’d like. America is a free country after all!

I’d like to thank all those with good intentions who have contacted me privately about our Challenger, I appreciate the opportunity to assist you…. Best Regards!

Robbyn

Old 06-28-2008, 05:54 PM

And still didn't answer the question.
Old 06-28-2008, 06:01 PM

Robbyn
the reason alot of are angry at dealers is we either got taken or tryed to be taken not saying that is what you are doing the car is worth alot and we all know it but i myself talked to at least 10 diffrent dealerships and all wanted 10 to 20 over MSRP i fianlly found Joanis dealership at 5 over whitch was far in my mind liveing in SO california. I had put an order in on the 3rd of Dec when orders were being taken and that dealership changed the price 3 time befor i told them to shove it. so alot of us here look out for one another and try to help one another out as best we can.
Not saying your like the other dealers but you can see why alot of us get pissed. their are people here that put deposits on cars they will never see because of what the dealers have done.
so with that said maybe you can seee why some here get upset oh and by the way whay is the price you are asking ?
Old 06-28-2008, 06:04 PM

Whatever[sm=forgetit.gif][sm=forgetit.gif]
Old 06-28-2008, 06:30 PM

This is exactly why I went to Texas to get my car. You AZ dealers are all rapist.. Yes I have a 2008 Challenger SRT8 # 0904 fully loaded.

No, I did not get raped and the dealer had only one allocation. See my car here.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3089456

ORIGINAL: Mopar2008

I will gladly discuss our Challenger and answer any questions regarding pricing, payment or shipping terms for those who have a genuine interest in the car.

For all others, Bob, I’ll get back to you some day when I have nothing productive to do. As a woman I’ve had bad experiences too before I was in the car business, so I understand and am sorry to hear about yours. I still, however, treat people how I would like treated and give my customers excellent service. I find it interesting you somehow feel justified in talking bad about someone you’ve never done business with, met or even spoken with on the phone- regarding a price I never quoted, on a Challenger you aren’t interested in buying (or couldn’t if you were). shows some true character. I haven’t disrespected you in any way, can we be grown ups here and find a better way to waste our time please?

This is a Limited Edition, numbered Challenger; enthusiasts see the value in owning one of the collectible, numbered 2008 models. Value is a matter of perspective and just because you don’t see the value (or can’t afford one) doesn’t mean that those who do are stupid fools being taken advantage of. I’m not calling Kmart to rage about ripping you off on the pair of shoes you bought, am I? It’s your money and you may spend it how you’d like. America is a free country after all!

I’d like to thank all those with good intentions who have contacted me privately about our Challenger, I appreciate the opportunity to assist you…. Best Regards!

Robbyn

Old 06-28-2008, 07:10 PM

Hope you people would like to here another thief exposed story. For a year and a half I've had my name on the top of a list at a dealer in Arkansas. All was fine until I went down there in April of this year. He had always maintained that his dealership would never sell for over MSRP. In April I was informed the price would be $5000 over MSRP(owners orders). I agreed and wanted to put money down to lock in my price, he said it was not necessary, he didn't ask for deposits. I tracked this car for a month and finally when it came in (June 26th) I received my very first call from him and it was to say that the price had increased another $5000.
Needless to say I was shocked beyond belief to think the one thing that I feared had finally came true. After I tried to reason with him I realized it was no use and told him I no longer was interested in his car. I came home got on the internet and located a car for $8000 thousand over MSRP and drove 3 1/2 hours and drove my new challenger home sweet home. If I had to give more than he ask me I would have but not to a liar like him. Now for everyone's knowledge the dealer was FRANK FLETCHER DODGE in Johesboro AR. and the thief exposed and liars name is JON MOORE. I am delited with my new car and he did not get one damn dime of my hard earned money.
Old 06-28-2008, 07:38 PM

Excellent post 70cuda and the sad thing is it's like that all over the country. Here in Louisiana and sad to say the dealership I am getting mine at, has posted on one of the car websites Challenger $41,645. The owner of the dealership wants $70,000.... it's still in the showroom. I hope it is still there when the 09's come out. Jim
Old 06-28-2008, 08:03 PM

mopar2008, the point is, there is already a built in amount of profit for the dealer when you sell at msrp. you have the right to charge more than msrp, but every person on this post has the right to bad mouth you for it. we are customers, most of us with limited amounts of cash, so we are looking for a "good" deal. if you feel justified in charging 10 or 20 k over msrp, then go right ahead. just understand that most common people will never do business with you and will tell everyone they can about their poor experience with your dealership.
i myself, i had a verbal agreement with darcars just outside of washington dc since June 2007 that i would get their #1 challenger at msrp. when i arrived on 3 december with my check for $5k, they said they did not know the msrp. i stated, well lets look at it on dodge's website, it is there. they said i must have been imagining things, that no one knew the price. i said they were not getting my check until i had in writing the exact cost with all taxes included. ultimately, i walked out with the check in my hand. they called me 5 minutes after leaving and asked me to come back in; they had called and gotten the price. i went back, they showed me msrp and said $15k over that was the mark up. i told them they were nuts. the next part is what really burns me. the manager had the nerve to say, "quit b*tchin and just ask your dad for the extra $15k, i know he's payin for it. you're not going to find a better deal than $15k over." yeah, i'm young, only 24, but i don't come from the rich family; i earn my money serving in the navy.

best part of the story though, rolled up to their dealership last week in #990 to say hello and that i was able to get my car at msrp from Sheehy dodge in upper marlboro, md. i will do business with that dealership and promote them for the rest of my life. i called them immediately after leaving darcars on 3 december and they said they hadn't gotten any deposits for their #1 chally order. i showed up 15 minutes later and had the car at msrp!
darcars still doesn't have their first car on the lot! needless to say, the salesmen and manager didn't have a whole lot to say to me.

Quick Reply: 2008 Challenger SRT8, Brilliant Black #288 of 6400 AVAILABLE!