Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

2009 Challenger Colors/Options Rumors?

Old 12-12-2007, 12:21 PM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2009 Challenger Colors/Options Rumors?

ORIGINAL: DamnSkippy

With you RLSH700, while have the absolute least bit of doubt that the manual is coming....I can't wait for the announcement, then after Mopar has decreed officially, then I can get rest assured.

Interesting though, there will be some real diversity between two "years" of the same model in very short time if predictions about VVT on the new hemi 5.7 ring true (provided there are lower models 08's. It is getting a bit confusion again. There will be lower model 08's available in July 08, right? There are not 09's are they? And then in 09 speculation states that the LY's come on line as 09's or 10s? The 2010 Challenger? Why does it seem that one of the options on this should include Mr.Fusion and be fully capable of auto pilot and flying?
Thank you, I'm glad you're not part of the pessimistic crowd that is saying it will never get it, nor excessively trusting of rumors. I'm a little confused in what your saying here, I'll do my best to explain this. The 2009 model from what I understand is supposed to start in the middle of 2008 and will be a more normal production level featuring the 5.7L; whereas, the 2008s are supposed to be 6.1Ls only from what I understand. The platform issues, I'm not sure about. I agree that it has so many options that I'm surprised that the flux capacitor, time circuits, Mr. Fusion, and flying capabilities isn't included either. That is why I was asking what a luxury car really offers that the Challenger does not. It's getting to be really gray if you ask me.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 12-12-2007, 02:14 PM

2008 Challenger (April 2008 production)

SRT8 only, 6.1L with 5-sp auto

2009 Challenger (Summer 2008 production)

Base model 3.5L with 4-sp auto

R/T, 5.7L gen II VCT with 5-speed auto
R/T, 5.7L gen II VCT with 6-speed manual

SRT8, 6.1L with 5-sp auto
SRT8, 6.1L with 6-sp manual

2010 (rumored)

SRT8 with 392
Old 12-12-2007, 03:25 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: ResumeSpeed

2008 Challenger (April 2008 production)

SRT8 only, 6.1L with 5-sp auto

2009 Challenger (Summer 2008 production)

Base model 3.5L with 4-sp auto

R/T, 5.7L gen II VVT with 5-speed auto
R/T, 5.7L gen II VVT with 6-speed manual

SRT8, 6.1L with 5-sp auto
SRT8, 6.1L with 6-sp manual

2010 (rumored)

SRT8 with 392
And your source?

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 12-12-2007, 03:58 PM

ORIGINAL: RLSH700
And your source?
Here, there and everywhere?
Old 12-16-2007, 07:22 PM

ALLPAR.com they have a sorce that has been 100% wright so far. has the 09 drive train opptions posted with other 09 info.
http://www.allpar.com/cars/dodge/challenger.html
Old 12-17-2007, 11:12 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dodge's Canadian website took a poll to determine the colors of the Challenger. Here are the results: Hemi-Orange- 14%, Black Metallic- 14%, Silver Metallic-4%, Plum Crazy- 15%, Top Banana- 6%, Sublime-24%, Go Mango-16%, and Light Gold Metallic-7%. See:

http://www.dodge.ca/en/challenger/

(Site allows you to change the color of the Challenger concept car to any of the 8 listed above).
Old 12-17-2007, 03:50 PM

Rich, Don't get Jeremiah 29:11 going on ALLPAR.com being 100% correct. He'll tell you different.
Old 12-17-2007, 07:26 PM
Super Moderator

Nothing personally against them, I am just respecting the adminstrators wishes.

BTW - I wouldn't mention them alot since they are a competing forum.

I am sure nobody would like being banned on this forum.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 12-18-2007, 06:25 AM
Super Moderator

Wow! you think we'd invite any and all reputable sources of Challenger information. If any source produces reliable information, is it not a disservice to reference information posted there? I don't think we should state "Hey go to ALLPAR, they're GRRRREAT!" as that's uncool to promote another forum, but at the same time, information is information as long as its reliable who cares where it comes from.

That's my two cents.

Old 12-18-2007, 03:20 PM
Super Moderator

Wow! you think we'd invite any and all reputable sources of Challenger information.
Lets change that to we'd invite any and all bits of information. Again, we do not want to provide free advertising to
our competitors.

If any source produces reliable information, is it not a disservice to reference information posted there
?

Sharing is good and I promote knowledge but not free advertising.

I don't think we should state "Hey go to ALLPAR, they're GRRRREAT!" as that's uncool to promote another forum, but at the same time, information is information as long as its reliable who cares where it comes from.
Very well said, but look up above and notice the bragging about our competitors and even have a link. That is taking it too far.

I am a big believer in getting 2-3 sources of information before I start to believe if something is factual. EVen then I try to find out where they got their information from just in case they call came from the same source. A case of the blind leading the blind, or the perpetual rumor that everybody believes it's true because everybody else is saying it. While this is funny stuff, I do not want to have misinformation floating around on our website because then we look like fools believing some false truth.

This is especially important now that dodge.com has a link to us.

Some people have gotten bent out of shape because of comments I made about the other forum.

Please understand I am just trying to respect my adminstrators wishes in the best way I know how.

I ask to you try to respect my responsibilities.

I am not trying to hurt anybodies feeling just trying to be a little professional about it. Enougth said.

For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.

Quick Reply: 2009 Challenger Colors/Options Rumors?