Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

2009 Dodge Challenger for an investment

Old 01-20-2008, 08:23 AM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2009 Dodge Challenger for an investment

Over the last couple of years, many of you have expressed how much a Dodge Challenger would be worth in the future and that it might be a good investment in 30 years.

1. That assumes it will be good investment because the old original Challengers were.

2. If you are 50 years old, who cares as you may not be around.
If you are 40, you will be too old to drive it.
If you are 30, you have already lost all of your high speed reflexes so you shouldn't be pulling crazy stunts anyways.
If you are 20, you will then be 50 and maybe you might make some money.

3. Only a very select few of the old Challengers are really worth any money today. It has to have the right color which is usually the ones nobody ordered, have everything original, and oh yeah be in good shape. Yep, that means you always have to keep you maintained/cleaned/ and waxed for the next 30 years. Do you do that now?

4. A car as a investment is like oil/gas/precious metals/commodities/pork bellys etc. These are very high speculation investments. What I am trying to tell you is don't expect your Dodge Challenger save you during retirement age because you did not start investing wisely when you were younger. See my picture below at the top of the pyramid for specuation investments which is here the Challenger would be.

5. You are assuming there will be gasoline in 30 years. At the rate our government is pushing alternative fuels sources, we may all be driving fuel cell vehicles in the future.

Most people spend more time planning their vacation that their financial future.

For those of you have never started planning your financial future that a look at this tread:

https://dodgechallenger.com/forums/fb.asp?m=3972

I say ride the Challenger and ride it hard!

[IMG]local://upfiles/17/FC9765143AFC4FD8BDD11B8CB28789AB.jpg[/IMG]
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 01-20-2008, 09:06 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 2009 Dodge Challenger for an investment

Agree! Don't worry about investment value.

Drive it like you stole it!! [sm=gears.gif]
Old 01-20-2008, 09:28 AM
Super Moderator

I plan to steal it for under MSRP.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 01-20-2008, 02:18 PM

If i get an 08 It will be used for the summer and put away during the winter. Sorry guys lol. I just cant fathom using it during our winters
Old 01-20-2008, 02:28 PM
Super Moderator

I understand.....you guys use salt and we use sand. Sand is certainly more safer on cars.
Old 01-20-2008, 02:34 PM

Mine will be a summer driver. My plan is to keep it in absolute stock, pristine condition. It will be a low mileage car. I will fret over every little finger-print. Why? Because that's the way I see it...
Old 01-21-2008, 11:32 AM

The reason the nicer, older cars are worth so much is that they are truly rare. Back then, these cars were daily drivers for most people. In the North and East, they got eaten up with rust. In the South and West they were drag raced year round. They were modified, wrecked, and racked up a lot of miles before heading to the crusher. Today's premium muscle cars are much more likely to be driven only on sunny days, have minimal mods, be second or third cars and reside in a garage. In 40 years, there will be a lot of them in immaculate condition and impeccable documentation. They won't be rare and prices will remain low except for the cars with some interesting history. The cars with single digit VIN numbers, cars featured on TV shows (new Knight Rider), or cars owned by celebrities. Additionally, the muscle cars of the 50's and 60's recall a warm nostalgic period in America. What's so nostalgic about the Clinton/Bush years? Sex scandals, 9/11, and wars?
Old 01-21-2008, 02:41 PM
Super Moderator

Well, that is another reason the Challenger would not be a wise investment.
Old 01-21-2008, 04:41 PM

I wonder if there's something to be learned from the Viper... I'd love to see a summary of Viper by year / model and compare the original dealer purchase price and what the car is going for today. I wonder how many have even maintained their original value...
Old 01-21-2008, 05:02 PM

ORIGINAL: Mikesan

The reason the nicer, older cars are worth so much is that they are truly rare. Back then, these cars were daily drivers for most people. In the North and East, they got eaten up with rust. In the South and West they were drag raced year round. They were modified, wrecked, and racked up a lot of miles before heading to the crusher. Today's premium muscle cars are much more likely to be driven only on sunny days, have minimal mods, be second or third cars and reside in a garage. In 40 years, there will be a lot of them in immaculate condition and impeccable documentation. They won't be rare and prices will remain low except for the cars with some interesting history. The cars with single digit VIN numbers, cars featured on TV shows (new Knight Rider), or cars owned by celebrities. Additionally, the muscle cars of the 50's and 60's recall a warm nostalgic period in America. What's so nostalgic about the Clinton/Bush years? Sex scandals, 9/11, and wars?
This hits it on the head and is villafied in other threads that the Challenger is an investment in heart for a beautiful vehicle. Again, my investment is in handing this down to my kids after I am gone and they can cherish the memories we shared in a wonderfully sweet ride.

Quick Reply: 2009 Dodge Challenger for an investment