Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

2009 Pricing Announced!

Old 06-10-2008, 10:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2009 Pricing Announced!

id say 3 months or less for the 09s beeno...unless they go the same route as the 08.
Old 06-10-2008, 10:53 AM

ORIGINAL: Albeeno

The best advice I've received is to wait it out one year after the initial launch. By then, all the madness will have started to die down and you will be more apt to get your Challenger at MSRP or below.

I do have a question though - how long would it take (roughly) from the time you order one at the dealership until you physically take delivery? Anyone care to gaze into their crystal ball and help The Beener out here?
If you're going to wait a year and, as you say, the madness has died down, I wouldn't think ordering an SE or R/T would be any different than special ordering any other Dodge. When I ordered my Dakota (in Spring of '01, kinda the off-season) I had it in six weeks. And it had my name on the sticker, so I know they didn't just find it on some other lot.

Of course, for the SRT things will probably be different. Then I guess there's allocation to consider, maybe a waiting list, etc.

Which brings up a question I had. I saw the post a few days ago about the percentage breakdown of the '09s. Some were saying that the percentage for the SRTs was too low. How do you suppose they came up with that number? Is that how many SRTs Dodge thinks they can sell, is it the most they want to make to maintain the SRTs "exclusivity", or is it based on how many they can safely sell without damaging their CAFE? Any thoughts?

Old 06-10-2008, 11:06 AM

ORIGINAL: WhiteHeat

Some were saying that the percentage for the SRTs was too low. How do you suppose they came up with that number? Is that how many SRTs Dodge thinks they can sell, is it the most they want to make to maintain the SRTs "exclusivity", or is it based on how many they can safely sell without damaging their CAFE? Any thoughts?

I'd think it's more likely an incentive for dealers. If there are lots of SE's and a goodly number of R/T's floating around, there goes their markups for those cars. But if there's a limited run of the SRTs, dealers are free to continue gouging folks for them.
Old 06-10-2008, 11:35 AM

I agree R/T is probably the better overall deal and more flexibility in outfitting it too, especially color options. However, the SRT is the BIG boy and who knows how much longer they'll even build them.
Old 06-10-2008, 01:50 PM

Interesting question about the % of SRT. Regardless of markup, I expect the SRT would be the most profitable. So it seems they would adjust production up if they start selling faster. If they try to gouge too hard, most will just go to an R/T, which is quite an attractive package. Maybe CAFE does play a part.
Old 06-10-2008, 02:01 PM

Since the cafe fleet average requirements don't kick in until 2020 there's no reason they can't sell srts by the boatload until 2019. They just have to have a lineup ready to go and the srt numbers cut by 2020.
Old 06-10-2008, 02:29 PM

ORIGINAL: Albeeno

The best advice I've received is to wait it out one year after the initial launch. By then, all the madness will have started to die down and you will be more apt to get your Challenger at MSRP or below.

I do have a question though - how long would it take (roughly) from the time you order one at the dealership until you physically take delivery? Anyone care to gaze into their crystal ball and help The Beener out here?
Production of 09s is supposed to begin after the two week July plant break. What I understand is the R/Ts are supposed to be built first (late July) then the SRT8s (probably beginning the first or second week of September)

So my guess is if you order an SRT8 or R/T tomorrow youd be waiting between three and four and a half months to get your car.
Old 06-10-2008, 02:32 PM

ORIGINAL: Justinec101

Since the cafe fleet average requirements don't kick in until 2020 there's no reason they can't sell srts by the boatload until 2019. They just have to have a lineup ready to go and the srt numbers cut by 2020.
The NEW CAFE fleet numbers take effect in 2020. There are still current requirements manufacturers have to meet. Theyre not as strict as the future ones, but there nonetheless.
Besides that, with gas expected to hit $6.00/gallon by summers end, big motors with big appetites will be a hard sell once the purists are satisfied.
Old 06-10-2008, 03:13 PM

ORIGINAL: Cuda340

It depends how well these cars sell. There will definitely be no rebates, gas cards, 0% financing, etc. on the SRT and probably not on the R/T.

You can wait but don't hold your breath.
We are a very specialized group of consumers here in that we love this car and the retro styling it brings. However, I don't think the general market is quite so intrigued with the 2-door Challenger vs the 4-door Charger. The Charger is not a bad looking car, especially in the eyes of the intended market, but they aren't flying out of the showrooms right now. In my area (Southern VA), there are at least 5 SRT-8 Chargers available and dozens of R/T Chargers including several Hemi Orange R/T Daytonas. The R/Ts (including the Daytona) are available around invoice and you can get a sizable rebate and/or the gas card or financing. The SRT-8s are similarly negotiable without the incentives. I bought a Hemi Orange Daytona myself and could have had an SRT-8 for the same price or less .

I believe once the '09 Challengers hit the showrooms, we'll start seeing the same thing. The newness will wear off and by this time next year, you should expect incentives along the same lines as the Charger/Avenger.

Just my opinion...

Old 06-10-2008, 03:27 PM

Agreed. I'm waiting until march to get mine. Between the camaro coming out, the redesigned mustang, and gas probably at 5.00 at that point, I'm hoping to pick up a V6 for 20k.

Quick Reply: 2009 Pricing Announced!