Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

2009 SE on dealer lot here

Old 08-11-2008, 01:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2009 SE on dealer lot here

10-15K under MSRP for an SRT-8? How long do you expect to wait, that's a BIG discount?
ORIGINAL: clasko10

I forgot to mention that I received a call today from a dealer and the 2008 srt8 is available for msrp. It looks like the feeding frenzy is finally over. There are at least three dealers in the metro detroit area that have had over 10 on the lot for more than three weeks. I can't tell you what each dealership is asking but they are sitting on the lot. It felt great to decline the offer of msrp. I'll wait for 10 to 15 under msrp. glad I waited. Any non-believers can search 48047 on the dodge website. Check out sterling hts. dodge, dick huavare dodge, and colonial dodge.
Old 08-11-2008, 01:20 PM

ORIGINAL: Paladin06

So are the dealers marking up the SE also?
No. Expect big discounts.
Old 08-11-2008, 01:56 PM

ORIGINAL: adaptabl

ORIGINAL: Paladin06

So are the dealers marking up the SE also?
No. Expect big discounts.

I would imagine you will not see any rebates for some time on this car and the margine between cost vs. MSRP is VERY small on the base model Challengers. I would say that it is easier to mark up the lower end cars than the higher end ones.

We will not do it here at my dealership but many will.
Old 08-11-2008, 02:06 PM

Best I have ever done is 10% under MSRP on a car. New car....not one dealer drove for a month...
Old 08-11-2008, 02:26 PM

10-15k off of an srt is not going to happen. Even SRT chargers sell close to msrp most the time. Just because they arent as limited as the 08s doesnt meant they make them like crazy. If you are willing to buy used you could probably get 10k maybe 15k off depending on mileage and condition in 3 or 4 years.

There are some slight markups on SEs on ebay but most seem to be asking buy it now at msrp. Npeifer is right about the smaller profit margin though. I was hoping to get $1000-$1500 off but since I am going for the base SE with no options {unless some how I can get a sunroof put in there without adding the G package} I doubt it will happen. The difference between invoice and msrp on those is about $1300. Actually I may as well ask you about that, is there any way to get the sunroof added on the E package? It is the only option I want and Id prefer not to have to do it aftermarket. Also would it be possible to get about $1000 taken off of that model? Im not planning on buying until around march if that makes any difference.
Old 08-11-2008, 07:15 PM

have all the '08s been delivered?
Old 08-11-2008, 07:49 PM
mac

I was just going to slam you but it takes a big man to admit his mistake. I take it Chrysler is not keeping you informed?
Old 08-12-2008, 05:32 AM

I was kidding about waiting for the price to fall 10-15 thousand below msrp. I said that because they would not even talk to me unless I was willing to pay that much over msrp. I decided not to buy a Challenger this year. If I was in the market I would have probably pulled the trigger at msrp. I would not be surprised if some dealers "deal" with you below msrp. Winter is coming and these cars are not going to sell. By the way, we can get an employee discount on the charger srt8. It prices out around 37 fully loaded. That is about 8 grand under msrp.
Old 08-12-2008, 08:12 AM

(Opinion Alert: This post is not in anyway based on actual facts or research. and only reflects the posters somewhat educated guess. Take with a few hundred grains of salt.)

At this point there are probably a lot of people that were on the fence and are now holding out for a new Camaro. With the way most dealers have been marking the Challengers up I dont blame them either. If the Challenger hadnt turned out as awesome as it did, and I didnt already get my 2009 Chally for $500 below MSRP, I would have probably been right there with them. But then again, Im betting the Chevy dealerships will try to do the same thing with the Camaro for its 1st year run. When they do, I wouldnt be suprised if those 08 Challys start disappearing off the lots again.
Old 08-12-2008, 09:00 AM

Thats probably a good point. When the camaro comes out it will probably be even harder to get ahold of as the new challenger. It has name recognition and a huge blockbuster movie featuring it not to mention its coming out in spring right when sales of sports cars pick up. Meanwhile challengers will have built up on the lots over winter so when people can't find their camaro they'll find out about the challenger which can be found easily, and probably with some substantial rebates.

Quick Reply: 2009 SE on dealer lot here