Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

Another Good Sign.

Old 03-12-2007, 07:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another Good Sign.

Something to look forward to.

http://www.moparnats.org/CarofMonth.htm
Old 03-12-2007, 11:09 AM
Administrator

Default RE: Another Good Sign.

i think that article has been posted since last years nationals...as the challenger was there last year too.
Old 03-13-2007, 08:36 AM

I've always wanted to got to moparnats.
Have any of you guys been there? I would assume it's alot like Chrysler at Carlise, which I try to go to every year.
Old 03-13-2007, 09:04 AM

I've only been to Carlisle, which I believe has more cars, also, anyone planning on going specifically to see the Challenger Concept Car please verify that she will be there first before going in case Mirada is right and I'm glad he pointed that out.
Old 03-13-2007, 12:01 PM
Administrator

im pretty sure that carlisle is NOT bigger than the mopar nationals.

carlisle boasts 2000+ show cars, the nationals advertises closer to 3000, not to mention that HUGE racing field. i went to carlisle a few years ago and compared to the mopar nationals, carlisle is like going to a car show in a walmart parking lot...
Old 03-13-2007, 12:41 PM

I went to the Mopar Nats last summer in Columbus Ohio it was pretty awesome!!!! Big swap meet with shit loads of parts, big car show, lots of racing and last but not least the women were hot = a fun time.
Old 03-13-2007, 01:38 PM

ORIGINAL: 1 Bad Mirada

im pretty sure that carlisle is NOT bigger than the mopar nationals.

carlisle boasts 2000+ show cars, the nationals advertises closer to 3000, not to mention that HUGE racing field. i went to carlisle a few years ago and compared to the mopar nationals, carlisle is like going to a car show in a walmart parking lot...
Mirada, quit making me look bad, man, you are killing what little credibility I have lol.
Old 03-13-2007, 05:30 PM
Administrator

i apologize..im not at all trying to argue with you.

i took a look at the challenger at the autoshow last year, but it had srt8 wheels (typical whenever they are driving it, the concept rims rub) and i didnt see the hood open. I was told by an employee of DCX last year that there were 8 more addition challengers built for show purposes. supposedly, they have 5.7L hemis, mocked up to look like 6.1s...

for those of you who see the car this year at shows and events, pay attention to see if the hood is up, and if they have the metalcrafters tag, and the DETCHA tag code.
Old 03-13-2007, 07:52 PM

I always liked Carlisle best although its been over seven years. Carlisle has nice grass fields, plenty of cool displays out of the harsh sun, clean and good food. The Nats always felt like a car show in a dirty ash tray.
Old 03-13-2007, 09:28 PM

The Challenger was at the Nationals last year. You were able to get within two feet of it there.

I go to the Nationals every year, I coordinate the trip for the Chicagoland Mopar Connection. It's my favorite weekend of the year.

The Nationals is the best all around Mopar experience on the planet. Now I have never been to Carlisle but I know lots of people who have and I have seen lots of pictures. Carlisle is the best Mopar show there is. It always has more "Show" cars, so if you like to just look at show cars Carlisle is the place as the best always come out there. The Nationals on the other hand has more total cars and has far more to offer, but it depends if you are into this type of stuff. The Nats has is at a drag strip which measn racing on site, not offsite like Carlisle, so if you like racing, it's the place to be. But the biggest draw by far is the "extra curricular" fun that goes on when the sun goes down. Most past years the fun has been on Brice road, but the town of Heath has stolen the show in recent years. Let me just put it this way for those that have never been, if you like thousands of people lining the streets, dumping buckets of water on the road and yelling "Light 'em Up!" at everyone that passes by, where the cops just don't care and the people stay out in the hotel parking lots that are jumping to 3am with Mopar folk drinking beer, swapping stories and doing even mopre burnouts, than the Nationals are for you. The Nationals also have the second best car show. So, if you like a really nice car show, go to Carlisle, if you like car shows with dragracing, partying and a whole lot of tire smoke, come to the Nationals.

Quick Reply: Another Good Sign.