Dodge Challenger Forums

Dodge Challenger Forums (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/)
-   General Dodge Challenger Discussions (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/general-dodge-challenger-discussions-7/)
-   -   ANY ONE INTERESTED IN A EAST COAST OR NJ Challenger Club or Registry (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/general-dodge-challenger-discussions-7/any-one-interested-east-coast-nj-challenger-club-registry-4091/)

fatcat 07-30-2008 02:12 PM

ANY ONE INTERESTED IN A EAST COAST OR NJ Challenger Club or Registry

Since the west coast has a lot of Challenger owners and are planning on doing things together I was wondering if any forum members would be interested in starting a Challenger Car Club or Registry or both? I would be more than willing to do the work involved but I must admit I would need some serious help with setting up the computer work or starting a website or web page . Please post on here if any are interested or e-mail me at wboyd18993@aol.com or leave a IM here or call me at 609-296-1915. Lets see if we can get something going, Thank Fat Cat[sm=gears.gif]

vanishingpoint 07-30-2008 06:05 PM

RE: ANY ONE INTERESTED IN A EAST COAST OR NJ Challenger Club or Registry

hi FATCAT -would this registry/club be for new Challengers only or both new and old (ie E body '70-'74) ?

108Challenger 07-30-2008 08:30 PM

BuFFalo Ny here.

RoswellGrey 07-31-2008 12:58 AM

The east coast of Texas? Sure. Why not? ;)

fatcat 07-31-2008 08:16 AM

Thanks for the few that replied and for anyone else as far as I am concerned and in my opinion if its a CHALLENGER club it should be open to any and all Challenger owners. In any case I'm not really running anything or deciding anything untill we see if there is enough interest. Someone else may be interested in heading the whole thing up when and if we get enough possible members so sread the word and we shall see. I have not been able to find any kind of Challenger or MOPAR club in NJ or the tri state area. Thats why I brought it up. Get back to me with your thoughts and Ideas or interest in starting this up, Thanks, Fat Cat[sm=gears.gif]

RyanNY 07-31-2008 08:48 AM

Long Island NY here. Very interested. :D

bad2thebone 08-01-2008 08:56 AM

What am I doing wrong? I am trying to reply to a post here but it doesn't make me post more then about 2 lines worth of text

RoswellGrey 08-01-2008 10:50 AM

Welcome to the forum that sometimes works and sometimes does not. Seriously, I sometimes thinks it depends on who starts a thread. I've noticed on another thread that FatCat started, the one about who has an 09 on order, it was hard to post things till the first couple of pages were filled up. Maybe that is the glitch.

bad2thebone 08-01-2008 11:03 AM

OK, thanks.

I will make 2 posts

I recently purchased an 08 Challenger and after I bought it I thought that an enthusiasts site would be a great thing. I ended up finding this site and thought there would be no point in having another challenger community..............

bad2thebone 08-01-2008 11:05 AM

I have a web developer who is capable of making a great site and forum for a East Coast club if you're interested.

bad2thebone 08-01-2008 11:08 AM

I would be interested in something like this and I could definitely get my web guy to help out. So if there is enough interest, lets make this happen!

fatcat 08-01-2008 12:18 PM

Bad2thebone and RoswellGrey, its not me that causes the posting problems but I found it to be mostly using any puncuation and trying to post too many sentences.

ORIGINAL: bad2thebone

I have a web developer who is capable of making a great site and forum for a East Coast club if you're interested.

RyanNY 08-01-2008 12:20 PM

Lets just all blame fatcat. :D

fatcat 08-01-2008 12:21 PM

Bad2thebone we most certainly could use any help making a web page for a club or a registry page similar to the Unofficial Challenger site you see mentioned in this forum in any case if posting is hard we may have to resort to E mails Fat Cat

fatcat 08-01-2008 12:26 PM

Now my thinking is that we would need at least 10 or 15 solid members to start but I am totally open to any ideas from anybody else interested so what I think we need to do is spread the word and stay in contact as often as possible I posted my E-mail address and Phone no in the first post for that purpose. Fat Cat

fatcat 08-01-2008 12:30 PM

Sorry for all the posts as I'm trying to do this in little posts. If we get 10 or 15 solid members then we should get Bad2thebones friend to make up some kind of web page or registry site and post that web site or registry on here and ask the adminstrators if we could add or post a link to our site on here also Fat Cat

fatcat 08-01-2008 12:37 PM

So for right now we all just need to keep track of the names of those interested or willing to join and anyone that is including those that have already expressed an interest , you all need to chime in with your Ideas , PLEASE and let me know what you think about how many members we need , what kind of club or registory and how you want to do this . I really want this to be as open as possible and not just my ideas so please get back to me in any way you feel comfortable, Thanks Fat Cat[sm=gears.gif]

fatcat 08-01-2008 12:46 PM

Here is the list so far:

vanishingpoint
108Challenger
RyanNY
bad2thebone
RoswellGray
Fat Cat
9 more to go and RyanNY the only blame I will accept is that I talk to much ...LOL[sm=gears.gif]

fatcat 08-01-2008 12:52 PM

Hey RyanNY i don't quite understand your order status of " UNK" ? I never saw that before what does it stand for or mean ? Fat Cat[sm=gears.gif]

RyanNY 08-01-2008 03:35 PM

It stands for Unknown haha. I talked to my dealer yesterday and he told me my car is about to go into production. He estimated the car should be at the dealership Mid to late September. He tried to convince me to purchase a car he already has on order coming in the first week of September, but it didn't have the HID lights or Sound Group 2 so I opted to wait for my own. The wait is killing me!

fatcat 08-01-2008 04:57 PM

Ok one more add Samthejeepman from LBI, NJ and I was there when his 2008 SRT8 in Hemi Orange came off the trailer at Manahawkin Dodge in Manahawkin NJ and it was awesome. He is interested in this club or registry and by the way I am from Little Egg Harbor NJ GET OUT THE WORD FAT CAT[sm=gears.gif]

vino 08-01-2008 05:53 PM

sounds good to me i'll hop aboard

fatcat 08-02-2008 10:31 AM

Up dated interested member list:
108Challenger
Vanishingpoint
RyanNY
bad2thebone
RoswellGrey
Samthejeepman
Vino
Fat Cat
Keep them comming guys and if we get to 15 I will need to get at least your E-mail addresses to keep you posted and get your Ideas and suggestions, OK? Thanks Fat Cat[sm=gears.gif]

fatcat 08-02-2008 10:43 AM

Opps , I forgot please put your thinking caps on and think of a name for our club or registry my thoughts were something short but catchy like Challenger East Registry or Challengers of the East or East Coast Challys so grap your pen and jot a few down then type them here or send them to me thanks Fat Cat[sm=gears.gif]

RoswellGrey 08-02-2008 11:35 AM

One thing: Texas is WEST of the Mississippi. But it DOES have a coast to its east, so I guess that qualifies it to be considered in the eastern half of the U.S.

RoswellGrey 08-02-2008 11:35 AM

Having trouble filing, so here are several sentences.

RoswellGrey 08-02-2008 11:38 AM

Don't put "coast" in the name. That implies a limited geographic area.

RoswellGrey 08-02-2008 11:39 AM

Maybe Eastern Challengers or something like that.

RyanNY 08-02-2008 11:40 AM

Roswell is out than haha. Texas = West

RoswellGrey 08-02-2008 11:45 AM

Well, FatCat himself listed me, so I guess I'm special. ;)

RoswellGrey 08-02-2008 11:48 AM

Do NOT use Chally in the name. That sounds like something British.

fatcat 08-02-2008 11:51 AM

OK thanks no Chally in the name gotcha Fat Cat[sm=gears.gif]

RUBBERBNDMAN 08-02-2008 11:58 AM

No its more like transition..Baracuda...Cuda.....Challenger...Chall y....Tea anyone?

RoswellGrey 08-02-2008 12:15 PM

Hey, when my wife is in the car, I don't want someone yelling, "Chally Ho!" ;)

SKiDs33t 08-02-2008 02:23 PM

[sm=funnypostabove.gif]

Puntastic!

Quick cover the computer! I think your wife is coming! [sm=icon_beat.gif]

eslickness 08-02-2008 04:46 PM

Why would anyone would want to join the Club?
I belong to the Mopar Power Club in Long Island and the one on staten island with mopars
for all different years and there are a few 2008s that are parked outside on the street
that we will not let park near us lol

TRW762X51mm 08-02-2008 04:53 PM

That's messed-up, may I ask why not? [>:]

eslickness 08-02-2008 05:07 PM

Why Not hummmmm
There are Tons on Mopar clubs out there
Unless you just want a 2008 Challenger Club that would be differant.
But as I said there are so many people that have original Mopars and
not from a company that brought out the 2008 Challenger

TRW762X51mm 08-02-2008 05:23 PM

No. My question is why were the 2008's on the street and not on the club premises? Weren't they welcome? I understand, you guys already have a club going, but why not allow the 08-09's? Is there a hatred towards new Challenger vehicles in the club. That seems cruel and unfriendly. Maybe that is why new Challenger drivers are forming their own club. :)

fatcat 08-02-2008 05:34 PM

Hey eslickness If you do not want to join or have no interest then just say no thanks but then again you may think your real slick with your comments but I think your just sick if all you have to do is bad mouth others As for the other clubs if they are sitting inside laughing at us then I pity them and do not want them either and we have the right to have a club where all respectfull friendly men and women may join Fat Cat