Dodge Challenger Forums

Dodge Challenger Forums (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/)
-   General Dodge Challenger Discussions (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/general-dodge-challenger-discussions-7/)
-   -   Is anybody but me really mad? (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/general-dodge-challenger-discussions-7/anybody-but-me-really-mad-3693/)

dodgeguy24 07-02-2008 11:32 AM

Is anybody but me really mad?

Man , they really blew this launch , my orignal ship date was april 27. Will you buy another dodge product ? not me . I am sorry ahead of time for being negative , but I ordered dec. 3rd. F*** THEM , I hope they go broke. Nobody has an answer , my car was built 4 weeks ago , talk about lot rot . F*** them.

kevin2323 07-02-2008 12:46 PM

RE: Is anybody but me really mad?

i had a feeling this was going to happen thats why i held off for later models

DiamDave 07-02-2008 12:53 PM

Same company, same assembly line, same workers, same management, same storage, same shipping, same dealer network.......good luck with your later model.

RRUNNER 07-02-2008 01:10 PM

dodgeguy, I would probably feel the same way, Chrysler owes you an explanation. Is your car close to delivery? I hope you get it soon and when you do you will forget because you won't be able to wipe the grin off your face. Good Luck.

ORIGINAL: dodgeguy24

Man , they really blew this launch , my orignal ship date was april 27. Will you buy another dodge product ? not me . I am sorry ahead of time for being negative , but I ordered dec. 3rd. F*** THEM , I hope they go broke. Nobody has an answer , my car was built 4 weeks ago , talk about lot rot . F*** them.

fatcat 07-02-2008 01:15 PM

I'm with you man! ...100%.....!I'm 65 years old and have never in my life experienced anything close to this atrocious dealer, ordering. status checking, building, shipping system and Company called Dodge and /or Chrysler. What the H#LL are they thinking!!! Its totally unbelievable to me in this day and age of computers and electronic information that this lousy company treats its customers with no repect or plain common decency....and make it so damm hard to buy a new car in this sinking economy and gas prices going thru the roof they still think they are independent enough to be ARROGANT!!......2 and1/2 years Ive been waiting like everyone else and tried 47 dealers to buy a 2008 and just this May 15 was able to order a 2009 R/T but now it looks like it to will be delayed .....I have an order in my name on a sales contract with a deposit and a von number that shows " BA" since back on may 15th...I feel it should have moved a little since then. I called today to the Dodge Assistance Center and they have no info at all on my order. Don't get me wrong , I still want my R/T if it is ever built and delivered ...But I hope the dealers who gouged the 2008"s rot in H#LL and get stuck with Challengers laying on thier lots!!! As for Dodge , well I was ready to buy a Journey for my wife and a Dodge truck for my son .....but guess what A cold day in H%LL before that as I drive into Ford or GM for 2 new vehicles....THATS HOW FRUSTRATED AND MAD I AM !!! Sorry for the long rant ...I'll go shut up now....LOL Fat Cat[sm=smiley7.gif][sm=smiley35.gif][sm=rant.gif]

SF18C 07-02-2008 01:39 PM

Wow so much frustration, which is understandable I guess. But if you are dropping 45K for a first year model car, which in my opinion, is the return of a legend created to near perfection…I guess I can wait. I never fool myself that modern corporations, with overseas call centers, 1000’s of employees, processes and customers, trying economic times and a very thin profit margins aren’t trying their best to get it as right as they can. Yeah I hate the fact that my car has been stuck in inspection for over 2 weeks, but does that mean I am gonna throw in the towel now? Hell no…read the post from everyone who has received their car…the one common thing I always get is this car is wait is worth it! Plus I would rather have it RIGHT, then have it right NOW. Think, if you 20/20 hindsight, with all the issues, delays, and “lack of info” would you still have ordered this car in December? I ask that to those that are driving their cars now. I will be honest, I have never ordered a new car…I always bought something that was on the lot, that I could touch, sit it, and take for a test drive. So yeah this wait seems like a long time but when I think about the earliest you could have ordered this car was December and it is now only the 2nd of July…that is six months! Order a Ferrari and you wait two freaking years! Six months of waiting ain’t that bad…in 1972 (without the internet) with only your local dealer to work with, do you think folks had to wait this long for a once in lifetime car (okay twice in a lifetime if you are THAT old). The instant gratification lifestyle that we are all accustom to may not fit every situation we run into in life. I say relax…Dodge WILL get your car to you, you will be happy, and all will be right with the world. Or you could go buy a Ford Focus off the lot, drive home that day and feel like a girly-man at every stop light when the Chally’s finally start ruling the streets!

tupperware 07-02-2008 01:43 PM

Before I start here, I know it is easy for me to disagree because I already have my car. In Chrysler's defense, they (the manufacturer) never told you your car would ship on 4/27. If your dealer told you that, he or she left out the huge disclaimer from Chrysler regarding shipping. VinVision is a tool meant for dealers that is programmed to calculate dates in the future based on the entry of your D1 date. As we have learned so far, this date is very much subject to change with a new model. Dodge is not used to such micro examination of their scheduling and build process. I am confident that the build process and dates will be more accurate for the "09 model year. (just as it is now for other Chrysler products) Some of your fellow forum members have been helpful in getting you Vin Vision info... the problem is that this info is all tentative until your car gets built. Once your car actually ships (after stripes at Ground Effects), VinVision is a great tracking tool...Heck, Joani first told me that my car would ship on 5/3...(it wasnt built until 6/5)... no offense meant for Joani, but its the old garbage-in, garbage-out problem. This is the reason that Chrysler never intended Vin Vision info to be openly distributed to the public. I would not be at all suprised if Chrysler reminds its dealers of this in light of the bad feelings and press that have been generated as a result of, in some cases, the HOURLY monitoring of a car's progress.

Do you plan to take delivery of your car? You say (in addition to multiple vulgarities directed at Dodge) that you will not ever buy another Dodge, if you are truly this unhappy with Dodge, why buy this one??

jh27_1970 07-02-2008 01:55 PM

I am not mad at all.... Thank you dodge for bringing my dream car back .. From all the reports from the car mags and the current owners they have hit a home run with this car ...even making some of your wives happy i will get this car " in the fullness of time" and when its in my drive way I will pull up a chair and stare at it from every angle:)

04RAMSRT10 07-02-2008 02:01 PM

I too have had a bunch of frustration. Let me say this car is worth the wait. I read it here and thought about how angry I was and ignored it. I am here to tell you, this thing is amazing. You will LOVE it when you get it. Don't be mad, if you don't want it let it go. Many people will buy it. Just wait until they get in stock in a few months and negotiate a better deal than you have now.

73Challenger 07-02-2008 02:02 PM

CHILL OUT !!!

Dodgeguy24:

Your tirade against Dodge would lead a reader to think that they kidnapped your child or took your home away from you. Are you walking to work everyday without transportation? You need to get a serious reality check about life's priorities here. You ordered a first year production vehicle. It is entirely normal to have delays. Chrysler did not commit to a firm shipping date, so do not condemn the manufacturer.

I have had similar delays with the ordering of first year production Corvettes. It's normal to expect delays. Would you rather have a car delivered with defects? I do not know your age, but in the "good old days" when you took delivery of the original Challengers in the 1970s - you had to go back to the dealer with a long list of defects to repair the first week of ownership. That sucked a lot worse, so the extra time is well worth it.

If you hate Dodge so much, then change your name to 'Fordguy', ditch the order and go buy a Mustang.

fatcat 07-02-2008 02:31 PM

tupperware, it is easy for you if you got yours already, sorry, I don't have the time to wait ages for Dodge plus I think they could knockm off the by the book responses....even in his speech Nardelli siad they need to listen to and respond to the customer more to get Dodges reputation back....I still really want the car , but I have a right to speak out my frustration and anger at them. Fat Cat[sm=gears.gif]

ORIGINAL: tupperware

Before I start here, I know it is easy for me to disagree because I already have my car. In Chrysler's defense, they (the manufacturer) never told you your car would ship on 4/27. If your dealer told you that, he or she left out the huge disclaimer from Chrysler regarding shipping. VinVision is a tool meant for dealers that is programmed to calculate dates in the future based on the entry of your D1 date. As we have learned so far, this date is very much subject to change with a new model. Dodge is not used to such micro examination of their scheduling and build process. I am confident that the build process and dates will be more accurate for the "09 model year. (just as it is now for other Chrysler products) Some of your fellow forum members have been helpful in getting you Vin Vision info... the problem is that this info is all tentative until your car gets built. Once your car actually ships (after stripes at Ground Effects), VinVision is a great tracking tool...Heck, Joani first told me that my car would ship on 5/3...(it wasnt built until 6/5)... no offense meant for Joani, but its the old garbage-in, garbage-out problem. This is the reason that Chrysler never intended Vin Vision info to be openly distributed to the public. I would not be at all suprised if Chrysler reminds its dealers of this in light of the bad feelings and press that have been generated as a result of, in some cases, the HOURLY monitoring of a car's progress.

Do you plan to take delivery of your car? You say (in addition to multiple vulgarities directed at Dodge) that you will not ever buy another Dodge, if you are truly this unhappy with Dodge, why buy this one??

Andre@Edge 07-02-2008 03:14 PM

RE: CHILL OUT !!!

Well said Tupperware, and 73challenger,

Information is a good thing MOST the time. We want Dodge to tell us something, but what would they say that we dont know.

Anyone has the right to rant, but is it right? Dodge built such a great car that many have waited 2 years or more. Cant kick them for that. They tried using the tracker, but once the car hits QC it could be at any other stage. It stays QC until it shows shipped (kz).

RRUNNER 07-02-2008 03:26 PM

Here's how I came to grips with delays. When I ordered this vehicle I bought a 2008 3/4 model year car. Now, if we assume the model year starts in September, that means this car would be available beginning June. I don't think you start the first of June and deliver 6400 U.S. vehicles, they take time to build. Look, it's early July and these cars are starting to be delivered in quantity.

I understand the frustration of someone who ordered 12/3, their car built and sitting in inspection, but you want it to be right, not delivered to you with problems. If you ordered your car after December 4, you are a later build and there are many that orderd the first two days ahead of you, so your frustration should be tempered with that knowledge. Theoretically, if you get your car by the end of August they have fulfilled their promise to get you a 2008 3/4 model year car. Hopefully it won't be anywhere near that late.

Let me repeat, I understand your frustration and would be reacting the same way. I believe if your car is experiencing an abnormally long delay someone from Chrysler should be contacting you personally to tell you what is going on. That would qualify as "excellent" customer service, but really, we've almost become acccustomed to "no" customer service. Everyone has the right to be frustrated and angry, but hang in there, it will get there and you will be very satisfied.

sfncchally 07-02-2008 04:03 PM

Doesn't Clark Howard call it, "customer no-service"?

seems about right to me. Although i am new to the process. I "ordered" mine in April, I have noticed the long list of complaints on the site. Fortunately, I have not been agonizing over the process for as long as some. That having been said... it is torture to think that when my car gets to the final stages it will still take two weeks to get to me. I already have a GPS navigation unit. TELL ME where it is and i will go get it!!!!!

70sguy 07-02-2008 04:29 PM

sfnc,

2 weeks I wished. My car was built on the 11th, VV has no future printed on it, it has not been updated since the 25th. It has been sitting basking in the sun since the 23rd in an unprotected parking lot. They way things are going I will be willing to bet you I will not see the car before the 11th of July. I wished someone could prove me wrong but not today. I was first to order at my dealership. The second car was built on the 23rd and has already shipped.

BTW: I'm not mad I am pi.... !

mopar2ya 07-02-2008 04:44 PM

Wow... all the anger in the room. I have been on the same ride as everyone else... and you know what??? I am just happier than a pig in **** that I am even getting in on the deal to own one of these beasts. I have been a die hard Mopar Fanatic all my life and am just elated that I am having a chance to own THE COOLEST RETRO MUSCLE MOPAR IN PRODUCTION.... No, correction... THE COOLEST RETRO MUSCLE CAR EVER IN PRODUCTION... PERIOD.

You all need to think about what this means... this is a huge landmark in automobile history. CHILL OUT, HANG ON AND ENJOY THE RIDE ! ! ! :D

Will probably never get better than this... Peace! ;) Life is good!!

jono 07-02-2008 05:01 PM

I know you've all heard it, but it is seriously worth the wait. I can't tell you how many rants I went on during this process to friends, family, and the forums on here and redletter.
My delivery date give by MY DEALER, was originally 6 May. I finally got the car on 23 June. I had more changes to the build schedule than there were changes in day. I saw my car change status from D1 to D and back to D1 4 times. Each change came with a new date. On top of that, my car sat in QC for 12 days. Shipping, you don't even want to go there. Shipping from KZ to pick up was 13 days. I was at the rail yard 20 miles from my dealer on a Thursday when it showed up. It sat in the rail yard until Monday morning before it was even loaded on a truck. I spoke directly with the truck company delivering the car that morning, and they stated the car would beat me to the dealer; that I should drive straight there. Well, after sitting at the dealer for 7 hours, it finally showed up. The truck driver decided to make the furthest delivery first saving my Challenger for last.

So all that to say, guys, we've all been there, experienced the delays, and gotten quit pi$$ed off. And the recurring theme is that you will forget about all the anger when you get your car.
I wrote Dodge a letter telling them where I was disappointed. Hopefully they will read it and hear me out. Overall, you have to remember, your car is paid for. You are no longer a potential customer, so in terms of these days, you may as well not even exist to them. They already have your money and if you decide not to get the car, someone else will gladly take your place. These cars are not going to sit on the lots, period. Even with the attrocious prices that some dealers are asking, people are gonna pay it. Some people have more money than brains and well, that sucks for most of us, but hey, that's how it goes.

Dodge f'd up more things in the process of preparing this car for market and bringing it to market; I agree with that.
But the bottom line is: the one thing that matters is the end product - the car. And guys, the car is mind blowing. You are getting the most amazing car on the road hands down.
I have a 1969 dart swinger that turns heads, but it doesn't compare to this car. At a local show this past week, a brand new Z06, viper, and GT500 were all present. NO ONE CARED!! The entire show was circled around the first Challenger they had seen in person. This car gets attention from everyone; I have even had young women and even teenagers ask me about this car.
The guy who drove the delivery truck to the dealership put it best...."you're gonna feel like a rockstar when you drive this car. People are going nuts over this thing."

Best of luck to you guys. I was in your shoes 10 days ago; tearing my hair out and getting pi$$ed off. Just try to remember the end goal and what you are getting. When it is there in your garage, you won't even think about all the garbage until well after the fact.

Yankee 07-02-2008 05:03 PM

ORIGINAL: kevin2323

i had a feeling this was going to happen thats why i held off for later models
DITTO. One of the benefits of waiting till next year - forget all this "first year" madness.

barrydelau 07-02-2008 07:29 PM

70sguy - My car must be sitting next to yours. Mine was finished on the 11 and was sent to stripes and as of today it is still sitting there.

The original ship date that Dodge gave me was June 11, here it is July 2 and still no word.

I am beyond frustrated, I am actually to the point where I think it is all funny how bad they handled this launch.

I am hoping to have it sometime before August? I guess we will see.

Living in Michigan I am hoping to get it in time to enjoy for a couple of months at least before the snow hits!

Mopar_Nut 07-02-2008 07:30 PM

Wow. some of you guys need to breath in, then out. Nice and slow. You will get your car. It's a first year production, cut Dodge some slack. I wonder what you guys who ordered first would be griping about had you got your car in May or June-but got a less than perfect car with all kinds of problems! Then we'd have to hear about how Dodge built a piece of crap!! At least Dodge is taking time to correct issues with production and quality. You should be grateful for that. Think back to when Ford first released the Focus. That first generation was awful (well, all of 'em are:D) but for that first gen-they had to SHUT THE PRODUCTION LINE DOWN to work out the bugs (and they still didn't get 'em all:D).

And, a story for you guys playing the waiting game. My dad, in 1972, ordered a Rally Red Plymouth Satellite Sebring Plus. He had to wait a couple months for that, but then had to wait an additional month or so to wait for them to build him another car. Eventually, he found out what happened to his original order. It was being unloaded off the truck, and some dude could not resist the urge to take it for a spin. Well, he rolled it, so my dad had to wait to get another one built just like the one he ordered.

Andre@Edge 07-02-2008 07:45 PM

So what are you saying Mopar_nut?

Calling me angry? Saying I'm excited.... Cant wait like a grown up 43 year old man?

Thats it..... OUT SIDE!

Mopar_Nut 07-02-2008 07:55 PM

I'm just saying. . .chill...pop a vicodin or two, and sit back and relax. A cool car is comin to you in the near future.

mopar2ya 07-02-2008 07:57 PM

Andre... relax... I think he was trying to help.
Maybe they glue is making you a bit edgy...

mopar2ya 07-02-2008 07:59 PM

ORIGINAL: Mopar_Nut

I'm just saying. . .chill...pop a vicodin or two, and sit back and relax. A cool car is comin to you in the near future.
Yeah... a vicodin or ten outta do the trick... [&:]

Andre@Edge 07-02-2008 08:00 PM

Just messin' Mopar_nut,
Valid points.

ummmmmmm what was I sayin'?

snooter 07-02-2008 08:22 PM

uh there are no ford focus on the lot....wayne cant keep up with demand.....the day you cancel the order is 24 hours before your car will arrive....better hold on...way things are going chrysler may be gone in the next 24 months

brucer41 07-03-2008 07:01 AM

There is a huge amount of animosity against Chrylser and to many points rightfully so. However as it has been said, they are bringing out one of the most awesome cars to hit the streets in many years. I, as well as many of you have waited for this car since the drawings first were exposed almost three years ago. I have waited patiently through three car shows with the concept car. I didnt order an 08 as I dearly wanted the 6 speed. I was the first person to order an 09 at my dealer on May 13th and since that date not a word one from the dealer about it at all. I have made my calls dutifully to them to get my status. Now we have the 1 800 number to Customer support I can call for status whenever I want. Now, my frustration is that I keep hearing about SE's being made first, a limited amount of SRT's being made and so on and a POSSIBLE delivery in mid to end September or early October. Now, I am frustrated about that but with all of the time I have invested in watching this car come to life and hearing all of the wonderful descriptions from people who have received their cars the time waiting now is much easier to do. I know for the 08 folks it is crazy with delays and such but take it with a grain. They will come and you will be much happier for it. Besides, for me, waiting a bit longer means I can save that much more money to put on it so the financing will be lower!

deranged 07-03-2008 09:30 AM

RE: CHILL OUT !!!

I originally was going to go out and order one as soon as Dodge announced they would actually be produced. I got all caught up in the excitement of reliving my youth and wanting to be the first kid on the block to be driving a new Challenger. Then I got to thinking how long I have waited for the opportunity to own another Challenger and realized that buying a first year Challenger was probably not a good idea. Even though much of the technology is proven because of platform sharing with the Charger and 300 there are still alot of differences and new things being used on the Challenger that are not proven yet. I also had a pretty good idea that there would be a real demand for the first ones off the line and that dealers would take advantage of this and charge a premium for the chance of getting one. I want mine right when I get it and I want a good deal also. I have a feeling that this fall there will be a flood of Challengers coming from the factory and sitting on dealers lots, especially given the direction gas prices are headed and that by then or early winter that the 09's will have been "sorted out" and dealers will be a little more willing to deal. Maybe even by then incentives may be offered seeing as how new car sales reports are bleak and people are demanding fuel efficient vehicles. Right now I'm content to wait a little longer although it'll be harder when I see the first new one on the street (lucky &*%$#) !

BUDMAN 07-03-2008 09:45 AM

Hello Brucer

How is that 800 number working out for you? Have they supplied you with a ship date yet? If not ask them next time you call and jot that date down. Also say hello to Mike and Phil and Bob & Steve for me. Also please bookmark this post and go back and read it around February next year.

ORIGINAL: brucer41

There is a huge amount of animosity against Chrylser and to many points rightfully so. However as it has been said, they are bringing out one of the most awesome cars to hit the streets in many years. I, as well as many of you have waited for this car since the drawings first were exposed almost three years ago. I have waited patiently through three car shows with the concept car. I didnt order an 08 as I dearly wanted the 6 speed. I was the first person to order an 09 at my dealer on May 13th and since that date not a word one from the dealer about it at all. I have made my calls dutifully to them to get my status. Now we have the 1 800 number to Customer support I can call for status whenever I want. Now, my frustration is that I keep hearing about SE's being made first, a limited amount of SRT's being made and so on and a POSSIBLE delivery in mid to end September or early October. Now, I am frustrated about that but with all of the time I have invested in watching this car come to life and hearing all of the wonderful descriptions from people who have received their cars the time waiting now is much easier to do. I know for the 08 folks it is crazy with delays and such but take it with a grain. They will come and you will be much happier for it. Besides, for me, waiting a bit longer means I can save that much more money to put on it so the financing will be lower!

Mopar_Nut 07-03-2008 09:47 AM

BUDMAN,

Is Feb 09 when Brucer can expect his 09 Challenger to be delivered?

Andre@Edge 07-03-2008 09:50 AM

Hey Budman,
You forgot Ken and Roger at the good ole call center.

Out of concern for your sanity Brucer.... Never dial that number, but if you do ask for Roger :)

1971cuda convert 07-03-2008 07:02 PM

Guys I really do understand your frustration but when you get your car it really is all worth it . It seams to really come alive around 500 miles

brucer41 07-04-2008 04:37 PM

Budman using that 800 number works to keep my nerves calm. At least now I have someone that will give me answers when I call. My dealer was a bit hesitant about giving me any answers and they are few and far between. I think its a great thing to have and I think you for posting it! At least I can bother them until I get a VIN and can bother you guys! lol. I am not sure who I spoke too as he had a severe Indian accent but he did tell me to call back after the 11th as I shoulod move to D1 and have my VIN by then. He did say though I possibly could see my Challenger by mid September.

awc 07-04-2008 07:32 PM

Hey guys. Originally I was right with the rest of you who were telling people to chill out and calm down. "It'll be here soon", I kept telling myself. A little bit of back story: Like most of us, I got up early in the morning on December 13, and placed my order for a 2008 Dodge Challenger with all the option. Set deal, MSRP plus small handling fee, and I was the second person in line (first with a Black car). I have been keeping in touch with my dealer, and Chrysler regularly, and have constantly pestered Joani for my Vinvision. Unfortunatly, I seem to be lost somewhere in Quality Control. But now, you ask, why am I frustrated? Well, faithful viewers, my chosen dealership happens to be on my way home, and as I passed it today, I decided to rub salt in the wound and stop by. Of course, right in the window, the dealership has not one, but two bright and shiny Dodge Challengers. And wouldn't you know it, neither of them is mine. Both hemi orange. Due to the holiday, I couldn't stop in to check their numbers, or perhaps to give the dealer a piece of my mind. However, it seems like my being the second person in line with the second car ordered, mine should be the second one that they get. Am I wrong in thinking this? I know I must sound like a whiny toddler craving a way too expensive toy (well, I guess half of that is true), but I'm really getting fed up with this. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy for all of you guys who have your cars, and I know you'll say that it will be worth it, but I still feel like there is no excuse for that second car not being mine. I'm probably blowing this whole thing waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay out of proportion. Thoughts?

rickerda 07-05-2008 12:03 AM

I hear you, the local dealer support just wasn't there. We live in Virginia and we had to go to Boston to find a dealership that wanted to sell me a new Challenger.

haroldh 07-05-2008 03:37 AM

I am upset because yesterday saw a orange chally with a dealer tag from the dealer I purchased mine from I orderd mine at least two weeks before this other guy but yet he recieved his first i think that is bull shit what do you guys think ???

mopar2ya 07-05-2008 04:44 AM

Well... just found out that my dealer received order #3 on the 4th. Order # 2 is in transit to dealer. Order #1 -MINE- still hasn't been built...

Guess I am a bit befuddled... [:@]

Andre@Edge 07-05-2008 05:13 AM

Same issue. Dealer tells me for **,*** over I get not only his first car, but my color choice. They got the first one 3 weeks ago. When I commented, he said I should have picked Orange.
At this point I would have started with Mary K pink!

brucer41 07-05-2008 06:09 AM

Andre, I certainly think you would have a very one of a kind Challenger if you did go with Mary K Pink. However it probably would be worth a ton of money in the future as it would be pretty darn rare (as in not too many people would buy a pink car willingly)!

Andre@Edge 07-05-2008 06:30 AM

lol Brucer,

The pink would last long enough to wait until dark and drive over to a friends paint booth.

In California we see those damn pink cars everywhere. Ever see a new brown car? Seems all brown cars are old.... where do they hide them until they get old?