Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

Is anybody but me really mad?

Old 07-02-2008, 11:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is anybody but me really mad?

Man , they really blew this launch , my orignal ship date was april 27. Will you buy another dodge product ? not me . I am sorry ahead of time for being negative , but I ordered dec. 3rd. F*** THEM , I hope they go broke. Nobody has an answer , my car was built 4 weeks ago , talk about lot rot . F*** them.
Old 07-02-2008, 12:46 PM

Default RE: Is anybody but me really mad?

i had a feeling this was going to happen thats why i held off for later models
Old 07-02-2008, 12:53 PM

Same company, same assembly line, same workers, same management, same storage, same shipping, same dealer network.......good luck with your later model.
Old 07-02-2008, 01:10 PM

dodgeguy, I would probably feel the same way, Chrysler owes you an explanation. Is your car close to delivery? I hope you get it soon and when you do you will forget because you won't be able to wipe the grin off your face. Good Luck.

ORIGINAL: dodgeguy24

Man , they really blew this launch , my orignal ship date was april 27. Will you buy another dodge product ? not me . I am sorry ahead of time for being negative , but I ordered dec. 3rd. F*** THEM , I hope they go broke. Nobody has an answer , my car was built 4 weeks ago , talk about lot rot . F*** them.
Old 07-02-2008, 01:15 PM

I'm with you man! ...100%.....!I'm 65 years old and have never in my life experienced anything close to this atrocious dealer, ordering. status checking, building, shipping system and Company called Dodge and /or Chrysler. What the H#LL are they thinking!!! Its totally unbelievable to me in this day and age of computers and electronic information that this lousy company treats its customers with no repect or plain common decency....and make it so damm hard to buy a new car in this sinking economy and gas prices going thru the roof they still think they are independent enough to be ARROGANT!!......2 and1/2 years Ive been waiting like everyone else and tried 47 dealers to buy a 2008 and just this May 15 was able to order a 2009 R/T but now it looks like it to will be delayed .....I have an order in my name on a sales contract with a deposit and a von number that shows " BA" since back on may 15th...I feel it should have moved a little since then. I called today to the Dodge Assistance Center and they have no info at all on my order. Don't get me wrong , I still want my R/T if it is ever built and delivered ...But I hope the dealers who gouged the 2008"s rot in H#LL and get stuck with Challengers laying on thier lots!!! As for Dodge , well I was ready to buy a Journey for my wife and a Dodge truck for my son .....but guess what A cold day in H%LL before that as I drive into Ford or GM for 2 new vehicles....THATS HOW FRUSTRATED AND MAD I AM !!! Sorry for the long rant ...I'll go shut up now....LOL Fat Cat[sm=smiley7.gif][sm=smiley35.gif][sm=rant.gif]

Old 07-02-2008, 01:39 PM

Wow so much frustration, which is understandable I guess. But if you are dropping 45K for a first year model car, which in my opinion, is the return of a legend created to near perfection…I guess I can wait. I never fool myself that modern corporations, with overseas call centers, 1000’s of employees, processes and customers, trying economic times and a very thin profit margins aren’t trying their best to get it as right as they can. Yeah I hate the fact that my car has been stuck in inspection for over 2 weeks, but does that mean I am gonna throw in the towel now? Hell no…read the post from everyone who has received their car…the one common thing I always get is this car is wait is worth it! Plus I would rather have it RIGHT, then have it right NOW. Think, if you 20/20 hindsight, with all the issues, delays, and “lack of info” would you still have ordered this car in December? I ask that to those that are driving their cars now. I will be honest, I have never ordered a new car…I always bought something that was on the lot, that I could touch, sit it, and take for a test drive. So yeah this wait seems like a long time but when I think about the earliest you could have ordered this car was December and it is now only the 2nd of July…that is six months! Order a Ferrari and you wait two freaking years! Six months of waiting ain’t that bad…in 1972 (without the internet) with only your local dealer to work with, do you think folks had to wait this long for a once in lifetime car (okay twice in a lifetime if you are THAT old). The instant gratification lifestyle that we are all accustom to may not fit every situation we run into in life. I say relax…Dodge WILL get your car to you, you will be happy, and all will be right with the world. Or you could go buy a Ford Focus off the lot, drive home that day and feel like a girly-man at every stop light when the Chally’s finally start ruling the streets!
Old 07-02-2008, 01:43 PM

Before I start here, I know it is easy for me to disagree because I already have my car. In Chrysler's defense, they (the manufacturer) never told you your car would ship on 4/27. If your dealer told you that, he or she left out the huge disclaimer from Chrysler regarding shipping. VinVision is a tool meant for dealers that is programmed to calculate dates in the future based on the entry of your D1 date. As we have learned so far, this date is very much subject to change with a new model. Dodge is not used to such micro examination of their scheduling and build process. I am confident that the build process and dates will be more accurate for the "09 model year. (just as it is now for other Chrysler products) Some of your fellow forum members have been helpful in getting you Vin Vision info... the problem is that this info is all tentative until your car gets built. Once your car actually ships (after stripes at Ground Effects), VinVision is a great tracking tool...Heck, Joani first told me that my car would ship on 5/3...(it wasnt built until 6/5)... no offense meant for Joani, but its the old garbage-in, garbage-out problem. This is the reason that Chrysler never intended Vin Vision info to be openly distributed to the public. I would not be at all suprised if Chrysler reminds its dealers of this in light of the bad feelings and press that have been generated as a result of, in some cases, the HOURLY monitoring of a car's progress.

Do you plan to take delivery of your car? You say (in addition to multiple vulgarities directed at Dodge) that you will not ever buy another Dodge, if you are truly this unhappy with Dodge, why buy this one??

Old 07-02-2008, 01:55 PM

I am not mad at all.... Thank you dodge for bringing my dream car back .. From all the reports from the car mags and the current owners they have hit a home run with this car ...even making some of your wives happy i will get this car " in the fullness of time" and when its in my drive way I will pull up a chair and stare at it from every angle
Old 07-02-2008, 02:01 PM

I too have had a bunch of frustration. Let me say this car is worth the wait. I read it here and thought about how angry I was and ignored it. I am here to tell you, this thing is amazing. You will LOVE it when you get it. Don't be mad, if you don't want it let it go. Many people will buy it. Just wait until they get in stock in a few months and negotiate a better deal than you have now.
Old 07-02-2008, 02:02 PM

Default CHILL OUT !!!

Dodgeguy24:

Your tirade against Dodge would lead a reader to think that they kidnapped your child or took your home away from you. Are you walking to work everyday without transportation? You need to get a serious reality check about life's priorities here. You ordered a first year production vehicle. It is entirely normal to have delays. Chrysler did not commit to a firm shipping date, so do not condemn the manufacturer.

I have had similar delays with the ordering of first year production Corvettes. It's normal to expect delays. Would you rather have a car delivered with defects? I do not know your age, but in the "good old days" when you took delivery of the original Challengers in the 1970s - you had to go back to the dealer with a long list of defects to repair the first week of ownership. That sucked a lot worse, so the extra time is well worth it.

If you hate Dodge so much, then change your name to 'Fordguy', ditch the order and go buy a Mustang.

Quick Reply: Is anybody but me really mad?