Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

Anyone else sick of mad mustangs.

Old 09-08-2008, 01:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Anyone else sick of mad mustangs.

I guess. But as pointed out earlier by someone else just give it some time. They'll be almost as common as Chargers are. Then people won't be so apt to stare.

FWIW - some kid on his way to junior high was taking pictures of my black 06 mustang yesterday with his cell phone. The hype hasn't all died off yet.

A lot of mustang owners like the challenger. If I saw one I'd probably give a thumbs up.
Old 09-08-2008, 07:19 PM

I think mustang owners should be happy since girls think that a challenger is just a pretty mustang hahaha
Old 09-09-2008, 06:48 AM

It's always nice to have people compliment your vehicle. If your car doesn't get tons of looks, turn heads, etc. who really cares? My enjoyment doesn't depend on the opinions of other people and neither should yours.

Enjoy the relative rarity of the Challenger for now but in a few years it's going to be a much more common sight on the road.
Old 09-09-2008, 09:51 AM

Uhm ... while in my friends Daytona GoMango Charger he gets tons and tons of grins ...

My friends dad's SRT8 07 Charger to this day get's people telling him to roll down the window asking how big the HEMI is ...

maybe it's just palm beach and tallahassee and miami that have a thing for hi performance dodge cars.
ORIGINAL: Riptide

I guess. But as pointed out earlier by someone else just give it some time. They'll be almost as common as Chargers are. Then people won't be so apt to stare.

FWIW - some kid on his way to junior high was taking pictures of my black 06 mustang yesterday with his cell phone. The hype hasn't all died off yet.

A lot of mustang owners like the challenger. If I saw one I'd probably give a thumbs up.
Old 09-09-2008, 09:57 AM

ORIGINAL: Rudy61SRT8

Uhm ... while in my friends Daytona GoMango Charger he gets tons and tons of grins ...

My friends dad's SRT8 07 Charger to this day get's people telling him to roll down the window asking how big the HEMI is ...

maybe it's just palm beach and tallahassee and miami that have a thing for hi performance dodge cars.
I suspect that's probably true of any pony, muscle, or sports car. People still compliment the mustang just as they do these other cars you speak of despite how common they are. I'm sure vette owners get plenty of the same.
Old 09-09-2008, 11:26 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Riptide
Enjoy the relative rarity of the Challenger for now but in a few years it's going to be a much more common sight on the road.
That's why I ordered a 2009 SRT. To this day, I have only seen two Charger SRTs on the road (a black SRT and a yellow Super Bee).