Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

Salesmen got mad...

Old 06-28-2008, 07:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Salesmen got mad...

This is the actual email I got from a Ford dealer when I explained I went with the Challenger...

Hi Robert,
I'm very very sorry to hear that> as the Challenger doesn't hold a stick to the Shelby investment wise and or resale value the Shelby is actually an investment because you'll get your money out of it it is a collectors car (if Shelby croked tomorrow the vehicle would tripple in value) and from the ground up is 90% race car, but I can't tell how to spend your money. On any race track or road any day of the week the Shelby GT 500 will blow it off the road hands down. Dodge vehicles in this day and age are known for there terrible resale value this will be no difference I know I've been hear for 14 years. Sorry I couldn't earn your business, but I couldn't even consider matching a price on a vehicle that is now where near the caliber of the Shelby GT 500 it's a SHELBY Sir.

But its not a Shelby is it... It's an SVT !
Old 06-28-2008, 07:37 PM

Default RE: Salesmen got mad...

I'd be forwarding a copy of that letter to the general manager of that dealership (unless he wrote it himself). First off, anyone who buys a new car (even a Challenger) strictly for investment purposes is a prized IDIOT, so short of this clown having a crystal ball to see into the future, he has no real idea of the "future investment" potential of a Shelby (or SVT) - or a Challenger, for that matter.

What they're counting on is saps with alot more dollars than sense (which, unfortunately, there are many). And if that's the real letter that this arse clown wrote to you, tell him he needs a quick lesson in hooked on phonics - PRONTO! I've seen better spelling and grammar from my 7 year old nephew.
Old 06-28-2008, 08:05 PM

"if Shelby croked tomorrow the vehicle would tripple in value"

It's a car not a Van Gogh.
Old 06-28-2008, 08:58 PM

Is tripple a multiplier or supposed to be cripple?

Incredible a dealer would write this.

Maybe I'll buy one from him and have him have him & his dealership guarantee (in writing, gramatically correct) the triple effect for when Carrol Shelby joins the big racetrack in heaven.

Boy this crystal ball reader needs some glasses.

INCREDIBLE!!

Eric
Old 06-28-2008, 09:05 PM

They must have a dump truck to haul that crap around in thats DEEP .
Old 06-28-2008, 11:31 PM

Why would he even waist his time with a reply. The shelby must just sell itself while he sits and collects the money. After all it is a SHELBY sir. rofl
Old 06-29-2008, 01:46 AM

maybe he should bring his shelby out to cruise night when i show up with my challenger and see who draws the biggest crowd. then when we leave i can show him the tailights in front of everyone. that might make a better impression
Old 06-29-2008, 02:02 AM

This fellow is not very busy, GT 500's and other Fords must not be moving at his dealership. A true salesman says thank you when he misses a sale and goesto the next customer.
Old 06-29-2008, 04:34 AM

I would hope this letter came to you on craft paper written with a crayon! Lord almighty what is this world coming to when a person cannot spell properly even with a computer? It's a no wonder why Ford sales are so far down they have to stop their production lines. With idiots like this selling their cars its a wonder they are making any money at all. As for "Rare" there is a Ford dealer close to where I live that has several Shelby's and Rousch's just sitting and they have been for a few months now. However, go by a Chrysler dealer and not only can you not see a Challenger but even trying to get one is near impossible. So, case in point, keep your Mustangs no matter what you call them, I will be extremely happy to ride past that dealer in my Challenger and probably still see those same cars sitting.
Old 06-29-2008, 12:44 PM

ok...here is the truth,yes,because the Challenger is brand new,it has a greater wow factor. Shelby's depreciate just like any other car will. My 2007 GT500 is prob only worth 38 K now,paid over 56k ..The Challenger will do the same,maybe quicker. The Challenger is no way as quick as the GT500..A very good driver can turn 12.2s@114-118 in a bone stock Gt500 . that is a fact. 11's with sticky tires. The Challenger is going to be in the low 13 sec range..so i don't think your tail lights will be seen by a Gt500 driver
ORIGINAL: mopar4me2

maybe he should bring his shelby out to cruise night when i show up with my challenger and see who draws the biggest crowd. then when we leave i can show him the tailights in front of everyone. that might make a better impression

Quick Reply: Salesmen got mad...