Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

Salesmen got mad...

Old 06-29-2008, 07:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Salesmen got mad...

challenger is getting 13.0 with auto trans. so i expect with manual itll do alot better than 12.9
Old 06-29-2008, 08:38 PM

All I can say is wow to that video.... I mean come on you guy's saw that thing from about 40-80!!!! Holy Moly dude that was sick.
For everyone that whines about the Shelby haveing a blower get over it!!! Please!!!
I agree with BootCamp The Challenger is a blank canvas waiting for somone to paint on it. Just put your own s/c on it and say buh-bye
Old 06-29-2008, 08:51 PM

mkr look at the 1st page of comments he put 140 horses on it to do that.... means he had 640hp pretty sick either way but its not stock/[:@]
Old 06-30-2008, 05:22 AM

What knda BS video was that. A shot of a speedo with no exterior noise change over 80 mph? Shoot another one showing inside and out. With this one you could have had a speedo sitting on a bench for all I know. Oh, and what car is it supposed to be in? Cant tell that either.

Sorry, not impressive at all
Old 06-30-2008, 06:49 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As a living breathing product of the muscle car era... I for one continue to put Ford down because they bolted a supercharger on it rather than invest more engineering into their V-8s. That said I never said the GT-500 was'nt a great ride. I have also stated that being from the era of muscle cars where you had similar arguments about CID and rear gears you can't really put 2 disimilar vehicles side by side and say " there you go". I did'nt like the Challenger SRT-8 and Bullit Mustang comparo because it was unfair to the Mustang. I feel that we will all get a better idea of the SRT-8 with the intro of the 6-speed. This debate will go on and only get better when the Camaro gets to town. I can't wait But my moneys on the Challenger always has been always will be no matter how it gets tossed around. I'm a Mopar guy and I'll always be one. When reading my post know this and that I am biased towards that fact. But again I'm on a Challenger forum and that helps
Old 06-30-2008, 08:15 AM

I guess I didn't notice that was the same cobra with upgrades.
I thought that was somebody elses??? Not the guy's on this forum.
Im not an old guy but I can definatly hear exterior noise. DIAMDAV??
Old 06-30-2008, 01:52 PM

It's not my car in the video...but my car is fast for sure..I do have a challenger,so it's easy for me to make direct comparisons. Those who haven't drove the GT500,can't have a good prospective to jugde from. Don't get me wrong,I like my challenger,especially the styling. Time will tell which car comes out on top!
Old 06-30-2008, 04:26 PM

[quote]ORIGINAL: my challenger

The Challenger will do the same,maybe quicker.
ORIGINAL: mopar4me2
I kinda hope that will happen.
Then maybe "the checkbook", aka my dad, will agree more.
Old 06-30-2008, 06:07 PM
Super Moderator

My Challenger, I would just say that the Challenger represents a blank check for Chrysler. If they ever want to smoke the GT500, they offer a factory installed blower, and it's academic. Granted, for now, they have not felt compelled. However, should they ever get the urge, it's cake walk.

Still, for now, GT is the stock car to beat. I can't imagine the last hoorah of the Challenger will be the Mustang killer in a battle for the legacy of the last v8 mucle car.

Additionally, how long will naturally aspirated Challenger will serve well compared to forced Compression Mustang.

Old 07-01-2008, 09:26 AM

I would rather own a Rare, Limited Edition, High Quality car like the Challenger, than a one of a million Mustangs out there anyday.

Quick Reply: Salesmen got mad...