Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

Anyone have an '09 VIN yet?

Old 05-31-2008, 11:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone have an '09 VIN yet?

Its been a while since I ordered my '09 SRT8, and I haven't heard anything. The tracking site says Dodge should be sending me at least the last 8 digits. Has anyone else who ordered an '09 received their VIN yet? Its probably too soon to start getting worried, but I'd still like to know.
Old 06-01-2008, 12:59 AM

Default RE: Anyone have an '09 VIN yet?

As of last Monday, the Dodge dealer I stopped at wasn't even taking orders for '09s yet. I wouldn't worry about it. There will be plenty of them.
Old 06-01-2008, 03:48 AM

I wouldn't worry about it. There will be plenty of them.
Depends on what car you're looking for.

There will be beyond a plentiful amount of R/Ts available. However, SRT8s (especially Hemi Orange) are going to be in relative short order. I believe the initial speculation was only 5000 of them (though I'm sure that will increase). If you want an SRT8 I would not wait to order it.

As for SKiDs33t, I do not believe VINs are assigned until at the very least C, usually D status. From what I've read that's not going to happen until early/mid June. So look for a VIN around then. A good way to see if people are getting VINs is to check the Challenger Registry site in my signature. People should start filling in their VIN as they get it, so you can see when the "Wave of VINs" starts.
Old 06-01-2008, 03:56 AM

ORIGINAL: Venthos
I do not believe VINs are assigned until at the very least C, usually D status. From what I've read that's not going to happen until early/mid June. So look for a VIN around then. A good way to see if people are getting VINs is to check the Challenger Registry site in my signature. People should start filling in their VIN as they get it, so you can see when the "Wave of VINs" starts.
If it works as the '08 models did then VIN is assigned when it goes to 'D' status. This seems to be why so many '08 modls went to 'D' then back to 'C', because they needed to assign VIN's but they still weren't ready to actually produce them. Can't quite fully reason why they might have had to do that, but that is when everyone started getting VIN's... when they went to D. Can anyone shed some light on this?
Old 06-01-2008, 04:07 AM

Bob Frederick posted something on that on RedLetterDodge

In a nutshell it seemed like each time people were reset back a status level and later put back to that status level it was because Chrysler needed to reschedule things.

Like the latest time when even Bob went back to D and then to D1 again they had changed shifts and/or canceled some overtime shift or what not so they needed to reschedule their build times for any car that wasn't already going down the line. Apparently the only way to 'reschedule' things is to knock every car back a status level and then put it back into the proper level. At least that's what I gathered from Bob's post.

So, basically anytime Chrysler realizes their current schedule is not going to work and they want to reschedule the builds they have to play the flip-flop game with the order status codes.
Old 06-01-2008, 09:02 AM

If you want an SRT8 I would not wait to order it.

Kinda hard to do if the Dodge dealer isn't even taking '09 orders yet. This is the same place that told me their allotment of '08s was "eight or nine" and that they already had sold "four or five" of them. Guess they want to unload the rest of the '08s on an unsuspecting public. As for myself, I want a NEW car, not one of those old beaters and their "any color you want as long as it's black, orange or silver" philosophy.
Old 06-01-2008, 09:13 AM

I would start looking for a new Dodge dealer. Venthos is correct if you want a 09 SRT you better get is ordered and get a VON number. I would also look for a dealer that only has a couple of SRT's ordered or you could be denied if they start limiting how many the dealer can order.
ORIGINAL: RoswellGrey

If you want an SRT8 I would not wait to order it.

Kinda hard to do if the Dodge dealer isn't even taking '09 orders yet. This is the same place that told me their allotment of '08s was "eight or nine" and that they already had sold "four or five" of them. Guess they want to unload the rest of the '08s on an unsuspecting public. As for myself, I want a NEW car, not one of those old beaters.
Old 06-01-2008, 09:16 AM

ORIGINAL: BUDMAN

I would start looking for a new Dodge dealer. Venthos is correct if you want a 09 SRT you better get is ordered and get a VON number.
Actually, Budman, the very LAST thing I want is an SRT. MAYBE an R/T. Preferably an SE. In fact, TWO SEs -- one to keep for my dotage and one to use as a daily driver.
Old 06-01-2008, 09:21 AM

You should not have any trouble getting a SE and one of the new 3.99 gas cards they will be offering with it.
ORIGINAL: RoswellGrey

ORIGINAL: BUDMAN

I would start looking for a new Dodge dealer. Venthos is correct if you want a 09 SRT you better get is ordered and get a VON number.
Actually, Budman, the very LAST thing I want is an SRT. MAYBE an R/T. Preferably an SE. In fact, TWO SEs -- one to keep for my dotage and one to use as a daily driver.
Old 06-01-2008, 09:23 AM

A $3.99 gas card? You serious? That may be laughable at the moment, but in a few months, that could be worthwhile.

Quick Reply: Anyone have an '09 VIN yet?