Dodge Challenger Forums

Dodge Challenger Forums (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/)
-   General Dodge Challenger Discussions (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/general-dodge-challenger-discussions-7/)
-   -   Anyone here also getting 010 stang or Camaro? (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/general-dodge-challenger-discussions-7/anyone-here-also-getting-010-stang-camaro-5777/)

Rudy61SRT8 01-10-2009 09:45 AM

Anyone here also getting 010 stang or Camaro?

Just went to the Chevy dealership and it looks like my 2nd car will be a SS/RS Camaro.... It's not ever going to replace my challenenger , the Camaro will be the weekend warrior. Anyone taking ownership of another new muscle ? I was a fan of the stang but changed heart about an hour ago.

RoswellGrey 01-10-2009 10:12 AM

RE: Anyone here also getting 010 stang or Camaro?

Why the switch, Rudy? Did they actually have a Camaro on display?

Rudy61SRT8 01-10-2009 10:28 AM

nope saw it at a car show , a month or 2 ago and just went in and talked to the Chevy dealer in Kendall and they want sticker , it's goinna wind up being my brothers probloby but it doesn't matter ! It's nice as hell but it's not as nice as the Challenger.

RoswellGrey 01-10-2009 10:37 AM

That's interesting about them wanting sticker. Apparently, they're going to do what the president of GM said they'd do: Actually sell the car at MSRP rather than jacking up the price like Dodge dealers have been allowed to do.

BLK 6050 01-10-2009 05:38 PM

I was told by both a guy who worked for Chrysler and a couple of Dodge Dealers that Chrysler has no control over what the dealers can and do ask for their cars. If this is true, does it mean that GM has "more direct control" over their dealers and how the operate?
Just wondering.....

RoswellGrey 01-10-2009 07:11 PM

Technically, they probably don't have control. Realistically, though, whoever controls the supply (ie, the manufacturer) can pretty much dictate the way things get done. ;) Hence, Dodge very easily could have insisted that the Challenger be sold for no more than MSRP.

sworn 01-10-2009 07:34 PM

If I had more money than I knew what to do with I would definitely pick up a Camaro as well as a Challenger. (As it stands right now, I've got my Chally on order so that's what I'm getting.)

kevin2323 01-10-2009 07:47 PM

im floating around the idea of the camaro....depends on how dodge and chevy are doing engine wise and company wise in 6 months....this is good to hear rudy I was afraid we could never meet to talk cars I ever got a camaro lol too much bickering...btw did you go to chevy on US1?

novawagonmaster 01-12-2009 07:34 AM

As much as I love my new Challenger, I'll be the first to admit the GM LS-series engines are excellent pieces. If I could afford two new toys, I would definitely buy a new Camaro and mod the crap out of it to play with on the weekends. I would drive the Challenger most of the time though because it looks so much better.

kevin2323 01-12-2009 08:55 AM

ORIGINAL: novawagonmaster

As much as I love my new Challenger, I'll be the first to admit the GM LS-series engines are excellent pieces. If I could afford two new toys, I would definitely buy a new Camaro and mod the crap out of it to play with on the weekends. I would drive the Challenger most of the time though because it looks so much better.
this is EXACTLY how I feel.

Rudy61SRT8 01-12-2009 10:00 AM

Kevin I went to the GM Dealer off of 152. It's goinna wind up being my brothers, orange , ss , too fast for my lil bro but it's all good and beautiful.

kevin2323 01-12-2009 10:36 AM

how old is your bro 16? yea it is the same orange on the vettes

tdub2112 01-12-2009 05:30 PM

Mmmmmm.. I love the orange vette's.
But chevy has never gone wrong with a corvette.

Baseball, and apple pie, baby.
The true American sports car.
That's the one Chevy I would buy.

kevin2323 01-12-2009 05:43 PM

yea that is the thing corvette is chevys sports car....camaro is chevys muscle

epegasus 01-12-2009 06:05 PM

I'd take a '54 thru '67 and a C6...if you gave them to me...maybe.

They'd better have the big motor too.

ORIGINAL: tdub2112

Mmmmmm.. I love the orange vette's.
But chevy has never gone wrong with a corvette.

Baseball, and apple pie, baby.
The true American sports car.
That's the one Chevy I would buy.

tcchubb 01-12-2009 07:37 PM

Chevy are great preforming machines but i just love the challenger so much more. i love the outside styling and interior so much more that i can give up a LITTLE performance for the better looks.

FAD1 01-12-2009 10:37 PM

Hi fellas, Havent really responded on this forum for a while. In my introduction, I mentioned I was going to buy the Chevy Camaro, but the Challenger was not to much behind in my decision. What made my decision for the Camaro was the interior, engine, and passion as a kid. The Challenger is nice and all, but the interior seems to bland and the same as the Charger/300/magnum. I love Mopar, but like the rest, if I had a lot of money, I would purchase the Camaro SS and the Challenger R/T. Rudy, good to see your going to get the camaro. As long as you get American, thats what matters. By the way, will you be getting the 2SS or the 1SS ? The RS package is nice and that LS3 is one heck of an engine.

kevin2323 01-13-2009 07:18 AM

his little bro is getting the SS....

FAD1 01-13-2009 10:23 AM

Yeah he is, but I wonder if he knows what trim his bro is going to get :)

Rudy61SRT8 01-13-2009 04:27 PM

AND i'll still take the HEMI over everyting ANY = DAY , including the twin turbo w12 GTC my mom has !!!

Rudy61SRT8 01-13-2009 04:27 PM

he's getting the automatic one , and I think the interior is a joke and I let him know that.

FAD1 01-14-2009 12:55 PM

Interior is the Coolest part of the Car. Just wait and see, with the way the seats are and etc, I guarantee its going to make you think twice

Rudy61SRT8 01-14-2009 05:13 PM

I don't need to think the twice the order was placed and the interoir is still a joke IMO.

kevin2323 01-14-2009 06:04 PM

plus since when is interior suppose to sway a muscle car buyer? lol

Rudy61SRT8 01-14-2009 06:06 PM

Kevin the interior is worse then the mustangs and that says a lot.

kevin2323 01-14-2009 06:40 PM

all 3 have bad interiors.....the new mustang interior is an improvement..(2010)...either way i will not make a decision based on interior.

FAD1 01-14-2009 07:09 PM

The Ambient Lighting in the interior is sure to make you really happy. Its all about opinion i guess. Hey, as long as someone buys American, thats all that matters

kevin2323 01-14-2009 10:13 PM

yea everyone is freaking out about the ambient lighting...i dont see the big deal...

BLK 6050 01-15-2009 04:41 AM

I still have a problem with the way it looks, not bad but just too much import looking for my taste. I like the Challenger’s retro styling much better as it has more of the old Challenger about it than the new Camaro has in respect to its older brother. I am not saying I don’t like it, just not as much as the new Challenger. (I need to see it in person)
I feel that the jury is still out regarding the new Camaro….but it will sell, and should sell very well…after all it’s a Chevy and some people will buy any thing that’s got a bow tie on it…..
No, I will not be buying a new Camaro and why should I….after all I own a Hemi Challenger…something I never thought I would be able to say back in my younger days…(Take that insurance company!)

"Life is good........when you have a Hemi in the garage..."

Riptide 01-15-2009 07:54 AM

It's got the LS3 going for it and that alone will be an attraction for many. GM seems to have made some very nice engines.

05flhtcse 03-16-2009 08:58 AM

I was just on one of the motorcycle website's that I belong to and one of the members is test driving a new Camaro for a week. The picture he posted was of a silver SS. He said that the engine was a 6.2 with 425 horse. He didn't give anymore specifics. I wonder how you get picked for testing duties.

tskatz 03-16-2009 10:23 AM

I ordered one before I decided to buy my Challenger.

I have not since heard from the dealer and I don't even know if they actually placed the order but I asked a small town dealer to order a loaded up 300hp V6 RS, six speed in black. This was back when gas was still $4.00 a gallon. I could get a call anyday or not. The dealer did not make me put a deposit down. I ordered it on the second day of the open order bank. If it actually comes in I want to check it out but I believe my Challenger R/T will stay. I wish I had ordered an SS but the Mustang GT I was driving was 300 horsepower so I thought the 304 horse V6 would be enough power for me. Now that I have 376 I am not so sure. My last new Z28 in 1996 had 275 horsepower.

JJMPB 03-16-2009 12:43 PM

hopefully the if there is a 2010 Challenger the V6 which is gonna be a 3.6 lliter which is said to put mout more than 280 hp comes with a manual tranny option

bluestang50 03-16-2009 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by tskatz (Post 69084)
I have not since heard from the dealer and I don't even know if they actually placed the order but I asked a small town dealer to order a loaded up 300hp V6 RS, six speed in black. This was back when gas was still $4.00 a gallon. I could get a call anyday or not. The dealer did not make me put a deposit down. I ordered it on the second day of the open order bank. If it actually comes in I want to check it out but I believe my Challenger R/T will stay. I wish I had ordered an SS but the Mustang GT I was driving was 300 horsepower so I thought the 304 horse V6 would be enough power for me. Now that I have 376 I am not so sure. My last new Z28 in 1996 had 275 horsepower.

Production officially began today on the 2010 camaro. Unless your camaro order has reached a certain status you can go to the dealer and make changes. Unless your camaro is going to be in the first hundred or so you can probably still go change your order to a SS.

tskatz 03-17-2009 05:12 AM

If production began yesterday...

Why are there so many cars in the picture posted earlier in this forum?

RoswellGrey 03-17-2009 11:26 AM

I was wondering that same thing. Of course, who knows what they mean by "production."

RRUNNER 03-17-2009 02:01 PM

I'm thinking about getting a V6 Camaro as a daily driver, but I'll have to see the interior first. The SRT8 is for weekends only.

RLSH700 03-21-2009 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by kevin2323 (Post 65397)
plus since when is interior suppose to sway a muscle car buyer? lol

Well, the Camaro & Firebird twins were faster and a better deal than the Mustang was when they were discontinued and they were selling less than half combined than the Mustang and although the Mustang wouldn't be mistake for a luxury car, it did have better interior.

To answer the original question, no. The Camaro's "looks" disgust me inside and out. I'd rather have a Mustang between those two, and frankly one pony car will be plenty.

kevin2323 03-21-2009 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by RLSH700 (Post 69260)
Well, the Camaro & Firebird twins were faster and a better deal than the Mustang was when they were discontinued and they were selling less than half combined than the Mustang and although the Mustang wouldn't be mistake for a luxury car, it did have better interior.

To answer the original question, no. The Camaro's "looks" disgust me inside and out. I'd rather have a Mustang between those two, and frankly one pony car will be plenty.

yeah because ford was smart and made the mustang to a broader audience,,...but to me when I think of muscle cars the first thing that pops into my head isnt a mustang...mustand=mainstream....mopar chevy=enthusiast....IMHO but dodge was smart this time around by making the car a low volume car.

RoswellGrey 03-21-2009 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by kevin2323 (Post 69265)
dodge was smart this time around by making the car a low volume car.

This is one thing I have not liked about the reincarnations. The original Challenger was an "everyman's car." I hate seeing an icon turned into something for elitists.