Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

assembly line pic

Old 05-09-2008, 12:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default assembly line pic

This pic is interesting.... http://www.allpar.com/cars/dodge/challenger.html .....I don't see the Srt8 stripes. THe cars in the background must me non-challengers as the mirrors are not body color. Sorry I'm a pc dolt and cant post the pic directly.

Old 05-09-2008, 12:46 PM

Default RE: assembly line pic

It is the same old hogwash we are still being fed, nothing is factual until Dodge decides to let the cat out of the bag. Hopefully it will be this saturday.
Old 05-09-2008, 01:24 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What??? Hogwash... please explain.
Old 05-09-2008, 01:27 PM

Yea saw that one yesterday. Being near all those chargers actually makes the challenger look kinda small.
Old 05-09-2008, 02:19 PM

wonder if they were playing not fade away by buddy holly on the radio
Old 05-09-2008, 08:53 PM

Lear,
By allpar stating production has started and show a whole line of chargers to mislead if your not paying close attention, with only 1 challenger. Doesn't look like a lot of challengers were produced. I still don't think they are producing the challenger at capacity. Looks like a lot of chargers are being produced if you ask me. Again, I don't think production will really get started until the next week or the following. This is a ploy to to help everyone settle down until production can really get started. There have been a lot of people misled about delivery of their cars and some becoming angry. They are coming, just not in the spring, but rather the summer. There have been panel alignment issues and framing issues according to allpar. People aren't stupid, especially with the internet an access to a lot of data. Again, this is my take. Believe me I wish I was or am wrong as I have a challenger that has been in D status since 3/27. I believe if we didn't have access to data concerning the challenger which would lead one to think they were being built, we wouldn't be getting mad or upset with dodge. As they really haven't said anything concerning the actual retail production.
Old 05-09-2008, 09:06 PM

ORIGINAL: 70sguy

Lear,
By allpar stating production has started and show a whole line of chargers to mislead if your not paying close attention, with only 1 challenger. Doesn't look like a lot of challengers were produced. I still don't think they are producing the challenger at capacity. Looks like a lot of chargers are being produced if you ask me. Again, I don't think production will really get started until the next week or the following. This is a ploy to to help everyone settle down until production can really get started. There have been a lot of people misled about delivery of their cars and some becoming angry. They are coming, just not in the spring, but rather the summer. There have been panel alignment issues and framing issues according to allpar. People aren't stupid, especially with the internet an access to a lot of data. Again, this is my take. Believe me I wish I was or am wrong as I have a challenger that has been in D status since 3/27. I believe if we didn't have access to data concerning the challenger which would lead one to think they were being built, we wouldn't be getting mad or upset with dodge. As they really haven't said anything concerning the actual retail production.

if you click on the pics it takes you to were you can enlarge them , there were two challengers and mabe another way down on the line..I hope your wrong about summer ,when is that 6/21 ? also rdl added a vidio of the start.. I think they wanted to wait till the race for the masses to see the challenger it will start showing up soon..

this is a link to the bigger pics
http://picasaweb.google.com/GREGMACP...00677356810658

pic 30 shows the two orange cars , notice on the black and orange no hood stripe also on rdl the speaker says that the are all geared up to make as many as they can sell
Old 05-10-2008, 03:49 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OK I see what the deal is. They put a Challenger in front and hope you don't look no farther from there I guess I should feel your pain... but I'm waiting for 2009 production and have lots of patience But I do feel for you guys. I'm sure if the cars could be delivered quickly, they would. they want your money as much as you want their cars. But if they were turned loose before they were picked over real well... then a recall would leave everyone who owns one crying the blues. Its better to wait and have as much ironed out as possible. You should serve no HEMI before its time There will be small issues, there always is. But minimize it as much as possible. Guys I know its hard, but lets be as patient as possible and get the car we deserve.
Old 05-10-2008, 04:46 AM

according to the pic...it now proves they have produced at least 1 if not 3 cars.... maybe that orange one in the front is mine? If so, i sure wish that guy sitting in my seat was wearing gloves.
Old 05-10-2008, 04:56 AM

JH,

Thanks for the pictures at the plant,, I still see a bunch of chargers. I do believe the challengers are starting production, but only a minimal amount at this point. These first cars are not for retail.

Quick Reply: assembly line pic