Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

AutoStick?

Old 09-08-2008, 10:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AutoStick?

I haven't noticed much talk about it ... I am equipped with it and am kind of curious how to use it ?
Old 09-08-2008, 11:03 AM

Default RE: AutoStick?

i mess with it when I feel I want a little more control of the car.
like in advanced driving situations and maneuvering I use it.

There is this one on ramp to 1N from 68 that is less that 100feet to merge from a hairpin right turn at 20MPH and I always drop to 2nd for it and hold all the gears out.

I learned after a few uses that if you keep tapping up it will just go back to regular drive.
Old 09-08-2008, 12:15 PM

One thing you will notice with the Autostick is it will not let you do anything stupid. Put it in 1st and punch it and it will change to 2nd about the time it red lines. Then on to 3rd gear etc.
Old 09-08-2008, 02:34 PM

I am personally really liking the autostick. Seems like a natural for The Car.
Old 09-08-2008, 03:57 PM

i use it every day and love it
Old 09-08-2008, 04:08 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

One nice feature is that you cannot over-rev the engine. If you hit the redline without shifting, the trans. will automatically shift into the higher gear.
Old 09-08-2008, 10:24 PM

This is why I want the 6 speed manual.

Auto stick programing should allow you to keep it in a gear as long as you like. Rev limiter should operate to avoid overreving regardless of gear.

The auto stick being smart enough not to allow a downshift when the car is moving too fast is a good feature.

Upshift too quick, what should the car do? Car comes to a stop while in a gear higher than 1st, will it force it to 1st for a proper take off.

My Cuda had a full manual valve body automatic, selected gear on shifter was the gear the tranny was in. Second gear starts were ok, third gear avoided to keep from burnin up tranny.
Old 09-09-2008, 04:24 AM

I worked with the guy that set up the Auto stick programing when it 1st came out. He told me that it was a joke . Just one of those things to sell cars.
Old 09-09-2008, 07:23 AM

With the tune, the auto stick allows me to slow down on the gearing. I can hold any gear to 6200 rpm (was 6500 and I backed it down).
In my 2006 Vette it was a joke... In the Challenger its awesome. Best of both worlds....
Old 09-09-2008, 10:44 AM

ORIGINAL: Overpowered

This is why I want the 6 speed manual.

Auto stick programing should allow you to keep it in a gear as long as you like. Rev limiter should operate to avoid overreving regardless of gear.

The auto stick being smart enough not to allow a downshift when the car is moving too fast is a good feature.

Upshift too quick, what should the car do? Car comes to a stop while in a gear higher than 1st, will it force it to 1st for a proper take off.

My Cuda had a full manual valve body automatic, selected gear on shifter was the gear the tranny was in. Second gear starts were ok, third gear avoided to keep from burnin up tranny.
when I feel like babying the car I'll leave a stop from 2nd in the auto stick, the car actually seems to like it better.

and yes it does shift back down to 1st if you come damn near to a complete stop.

Quick Reply: AutoStick?