Dodge Challenger Forums

Dodge Challenger Forums (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/)
-   General Dodge Challenger Discussions (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/general-dodge-challenger-discussions-7/)
-   -   Barrett Jackson 08' Dodge Challenger sells for $400,000! (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/general-dodge-challenger-discussions-7/barrett-jackson-08-dodge-challenger-sells-%24400-000-a-2354/)

Paladin06 01-20-2008 04:31 AM

RE: Barrett Jackson 08' Dodge Challenger sells for $400,000!

Yes!!

70sguy 01-20-2008 04:34 AM

maybe so, I guess we'll frind out in a couple of weeks.

I sure hope they tweak the rear valance and exhaust tips on the prod car. everything else i will live with and be happy, As I am waiting on my hemi orange one

mopar2ya 01-20-2008 05:02 AM

Agreed, the coverage for the Challenger was lame at best. Crew was in the pre-stage line looking at a 442 when the auction came up. They continued talking about the 442 over the Challenger presentation as the Challenger was coming to the block. No Dodge representation was there to hype the auction of the Challenger from what I could see. The charity "Not My Kid" gave *VERY WEAK* presentation of thier charity. All in all I felt the auctioning of the Challenger wa handled *VERY POORLY* compared to the presentations for both the GT500KR and the ZR1.

That said... if you look at the facts... all three cars took in approximately *10 times thier retail values* for the production versions. In this respect I think there was equality in the final bid price. HOWEVER, I cannot help but wonder what the Challanger may have ended at if they did give it equal representation and presentation.

I personally think that *DODGE* really dropped the ball on this opportunity to play some hype into the new Challenger. I think the charity *Not My Kid* really dropped the ball in promoting thier charity. I think *B-J* really dropped the ball in thier showing of the Challenger.

Had the presentation of the Challenger lived up to the others, I am almost certain the Challenger would have well surrpassed the others as far as the "10 times retail" factor.

Just my thoughts and observations... Cheers!

wirewilly 01-20-2008 05:09 AM

The 'Cuda concept sold for $145,000. I thought that was a deal. A true "one of a kind". Damn sharp lookin' car!! I have a good feeling we will see a production 'Cuda if the Challenger does well. It will be offered with two engine choices: 392 & 426 ONLY!!!

stroken56 01-20-2008 05:40 AM

First of all, it was kind of depressing to sit and watch B J for hours only to see the lot #'s trickle by. And I had high hopes for the Challenger and the Cuda seeing the GR500KR and ZR1 bringing BIG BUCKS. But, it went down hill as soon as the auction started. When they brought the car on stage the camra was zoomed out panning the crowd with the stage in the far backgroung and the TV guys were talking over the car introduction. The B J guys also did not know the diffrences between the proto and production. Also, sense Dodge reps. were there at B J(or at least watching TV), I hope they learned from Chevy and Ford how to showcase an auctioned car for charity.

I think if they used a production car at the aucton, that would have helped the bidding. I know that Dodge did not want to show the production yet. But maybe the auction should have been done after Chicago auto show so they could.

I really hate that this car did not get as much air time as it did Not My Kid needs the help.

JJMPB 01-20-2008 06:07 AM

i think in the end it was probably done right that isn't the car people will be driving the concept needs to fade away and people like me who think the that they could have done better job with the production car need to forget about the concept and accept the production car for what it is 2 dr rwd V8 muscle car normal people will be able to afford

thenatural 01-20-2008 08:32 AM

Ill agree it was too late, too little hype. Was kind of sad but the real race will be in the future when everyone can see the 3 muscle cars side by side. Who will be the winner?
Also im suprised that cuda didnt go for far more, hell if i was their I would have picked it up for that price ;)

mtrcuda 01-20-2008 08:42 AM

Leno, buy a corvette! Hell, they should give him one for all the advertising he did for the ZR-1. If I had a dollar for all the times he said the words "corvette and ZR-1" I could pay for my challenger with cash!!!

70sguy 01-20-2008 09:10 AM

All of the (3)auctions for the challenger include tickets to the challenger 500 with Richard & Kyle Petty. Why didn't dodge have them there @ j b, would have seemed quite appropriate to me.

thenatural 01-20-2008 02:12 PM

ORIGINAL: 70sguy

All of the (3)auctions for the challenger include tickets to the challenger 500 with Richard & Kyle Petty. Why didn't dodge have them there @ j b, would have seemed quite appropriate to me.
probibly would have been a good idea... but who knows they seemed to have been too bust to care about the auction. Maybe getting ready for Feb