Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

Barrett Jackson 08' Dodge Challenger sells for $400,000!

Old 01-20-2008, 02:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Barrett Jackson 08' Dodge Challenger sells for $400,000!

Dodge has the following update at red letter dodge:

Sold! Rights to First Available 2008 Dodge Challenger SRT8 Go for $400K
Jan 20, 2008 at 4:22PM

SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. — So the world got to watch the first 2008 Dodge Challenger SRT8 go up on the block last night at Barrett-Jackson and the $400K price is now in the history books. Best of all, it’s all going to charity.

Here’s the sales docket (the Challenger was #1331)…we’re hoping to have some more photos and insight coming for you.

Posted in Grabbing Life, Paint The Town Red, Sheet Mettle | 0 Comments
Old 01-20-2008, 02:47 PM

ORIGINAL: mopar2ya

Dodge has the following update at red letter dodge:

Sold! Rights to First Available 2008 Dodge Challenger SRT8 Go for $400K
Jan 20, 2008 at 4:22PM

SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. — So the world got to watch the first 2008 Dodge Challenger SRT8 go up on the block last night at Barrett-Jackson and the $400K price is now in the history books. Best of all, it’s all going to charity.

Here’s the sales docket (the Challenger was #1331)…we’re hoping to have some more photos and insight coming for you.

Posted in Grabbing Life, Paint The Town Red, Sheet Mettle | 0 Comments
I hope they have a full production picture. Also I want some interior pictures already! That could make or break this car
Old 01-20-2008, 04:23 PM

I think what helped the ZR1 and the GT500KR sell for more money also was the fact that they had strong factory representation and also a real produciton level car was there. With the Challenger, it was just the concept and factory support. I know I would be hesitant as a bidder if I didn't have a chance to look at what I am buying.
Old 01-20-2008, 10:42 PM

ORIGINAL: thenatural
I want some interior pictures already!
I bet we'll see some ahead of the premier...
Old 01-21-2008, 01:52 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dodge must have been at a different auction. [sm=dontgetit.gif]

Here is an excerpt of its description of the Challenger bidding:

"Bidding opened up at $200,000 and steadily climbed from there. The excitement was phenomenal and the place was electric…the auctioneer rattling off numbers faster than the guy on those old shipping commercials… the bustling crowd craning their necks to see the car- the bidders- the auctioneer, the TV cameras and on air talent running around the car with their cameras and teens from the notMYkid group. Jumping and cheering when the bid reached each new milestone. Crazy fun."

To read the complete posting, see:

http://www.redletterdodge.com/2008/0...-fan/#more-402
Old 01-21-2008, 03:12 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Watched it while studying. I continued to watch, waiting for the bid on the Challenger. Man it was late and as soon as it went through... I went to bed. ZR-1 625 HP 1 million $$$. General Lee went for over $400,000. New Mustang of some sorts of specialty $450,000. Just goes to show you some people have more money than good sense. But these are your high end car collectors and not really kin to us. WE collect cars when nobody else wants the gas hogs. Then we restore or keep them in good shape until these boys decide they want in on the action. They don't drive them for the most part and treat them as an investment. I don't look at the bottom line, I collect what I like and can afford. Then somebody with money comes along and offers outragous amounts of money for what I and others have been taking good care of. Sorry but BJ auction brings out the worst in me. I watch for the cars, some overdone and some just really well kept. There were some really nice 50's Chry. and Dodges. Well I refuse to let BJ determine what I like in cars and make me less likely to drive and enjoy my cars. I have my cars to drive and thats what I will be doing in them. Hitting the streets and enjoying the whole cruise to work. So bug butts beware, I am on the road and loving every minute of it These cars are meant to drive and flex their muscles, so lets do that and let the kids see what beast roamed the streets in the GOOD OL DAYS.
Old 01-21-2008, 04:54 AM

ORIGINAL: Cuda340

"Bidding opened up at $200,000 and steadily climbed from there. The excitement was phenomenal and the place was electric…the auctioneer rattling off numbers faster than the guy on those old shipping commercials… the bustling crowd craning their necks to see the car- the bidders- the auctioneer, the TV cameras and on air talent running around the car with their cameras and teens from the notMYkid group. Jumping and cheering when the bid reached each new milestone. Crazy fun."

Dang!! I must have been watching the wrong auction this weekend... I was watching the one on SPEED Channel and don't remember any of this... anyone else watching the wrong one like me?
Old 01-21-2008, 06:29 AM

Agreed. I recorded it and they seemed to be having a lot of trouble getting action on this car. I lost count of all the times Craig Jackson said, "this one is way under the money folks". It just seemed like pricing on everything was down this year overall. Also, it probably would have really helped to have a "real" production level car there versus the concept vehicle. I mean, how can you expect people to bid big money when they don't even really know what they are going to get.

ORIGINAL: mopar2ya

ORIGINAL: Cuda340

Dang!! I must have been watching the wrong auction this weekend... I was watching the one on SPEED Channel and don't remember any of this... anyone else watching the wrong one like me?
Old 01-21-2008, 06:37 AM

Ummm...hate to really disagree but I went on Thursday and watched quite a bit. The car got as much time and attention as most of them. Yes, the Stangs got more play with Carroll there but c'mon! The guy is an ICON and let's face it. We all hope the Challenger knocks Mustang off its perch a bit but they are the Pony car standard bearer.

Yes it was late but this car was one of the 2-3 top vehicles in terms of BJ's pre-show marketing. Based on the #2 car at $175 I think the $400k is a pretty decent number.

BTW - Check the other BJ thread to see who might have pegged that one...haha!

[8D]
Old 01-21-2008, 06:38 AM

https://dodgechallenger.com/forums/m_21555/tm.htm

Quick Reply: Barrett Jackson 08' Dodge Challenger sells for $400,000!