Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

Challenger battery

Old 10-20-2008, 04:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Challenger battery

ORIGINAL: RoswellGrey

You know, I'm really glad I bought a Challenger and learned the secret of the hidden key. I had a rental Charger earlier this year and they neglected to tell me about that little feature. Fortunately, nothing happened that required me to have to somehow get in the car without using the key fob and, say, get the paperwork that had the agency's phone number on it so I could call them and tell them there was something wrong with the car.
and save you the embarrassment of prying the rental car door open wiith a crowbar... [sm=oopssign.gif]

[sm=laughat.gif]
Old 10-20-2008, 04:38 PM

this is how i had too do it!! PAIN IN THE ASS!!!! battery was totaly dead and wouldnt jump from either under the hood or directly to the battery. had to have towed!!! -1, along with the rear end( big bummer there)!!!! but yeah a real cool car!!!! vynle
ORIGINAL: RoswellGrey

It's in the trunk, right? While cleaning the car today, I happened to notice that there is no keyhole for the trunk. I got to thinking about what you would have to do to change the battery if the key fob does not work.

1. Remove the emergency key from the base of the fob.

2. Open the driver's side door, since it is the only one with a keyhole.

3. Reach across the car and unlatch the passenger door.

4. Go around the car, open the passenger door and slide the seat forward (remember, the battery is shot, so you could not move the driver's seat forward).

5. Pull the backs of the rear seat down (better do both sides, since this probably will take some room to work in).

6. Assuming you do not have a bunch of stuff in it that you would have to unload from inside the car, crawl part-way into the trunk till you can reach the emergency release on the inside of the trunk. Naturally, it is located right by the trunk latch itself, so it's as far as you could possibly put it from the rear seat.

7. If you are not Snakeboy and can't crawl through the trunk itself, somehow wiggle back out the passenger door.

8. Walk around to the rear of the trunk, lift the mat and lift the covering over the battery to access the failed item.

Did I miss anything? Who designs stuff like this???? [:@]
Old 10-20-2008, 04:50 PM

If on the SRT8 I know you can fold down the back seat and pull the emergency trunk release.
Old 10-20-2008, 05:01 PM

Yeah...after you go through all the other steps, Paladin.
Old 10-20-2008, 05:55 PM

You could always flip the entire car over, remove the gas tank and cut your way into the battery....

See guys... Thats only a 3 step plan.
Old 10-20-2008, 06:02 PM

Saves Roswell the emarrassment of prying the door open with a crowbar too Andre... Good Thinking!
Old 10-20-2008, 06:09 PM

YUP,
I usta didnt think this good but a book learned me how

Old 10-20-2008, 06:36 PM

Doesn't having the battery in the trunk make you feel like you own a "Super Stock" Drag racer from the 60's. Ok, maybe not but it's still cool.....AND the battery is not cooking under the hood from all the heat coming from one hot engine....the HEMI...
Old 10-22-2008, 11:54 AM

I may just be having a senior moment, but I don't remember a trunk release inside the car. Where is it at or is it only on certain models? I have an SRT8.
Old 10-22-2008, 12:04 PM

There's one on the lower part of the dash. Left side of the steering column, if I recall correctly. I've never used it. Also the emergency release is inside the trunk, in case you fall in and the trunk lid slams shut on top of you.

Quick Reply: Challenger battery