Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

Challenger could be delayed

Old 02-05-2008, 05:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Challenger could be delayed

Challenger could be delayed I called Plastech Engineered Products and chased down a lady in the shipping dept and she said that everything going to Chrysler is on hold and that she knows of at least five major parts that they are set to build for the challenger. If they go under or Chrysler wont bail them out with some cash there will be a lot of auto plants shut down in the US and Canada until they can find a new supplier and tool up to make the parts.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...MPLATE=DEFAULT

Old 02-05-2008, 06:26 AM
Super Moderator

Default RE: Challenger could be delayed

That doesn't make a wit of sense. It's kind of a situation where Chrysler doesn't have any say in the matter. I wouldn't suggest a bailout, I'd suggest a buy out and then sell off when they fix the company (if they're not turning a profit or increasing profit by controlling that aspect of production).

Old 02-05-2008, 06:43 AM
Super Moderator

Chrysler is hardly a company that has a bunch of idle cash lying around and doing nothing, so don't anticipate that. Chrysler isn't even their biggest customer either, if someone would bail them out, let Toyota do it. As Skippy said, if Chrysler (or in this case Cerberus) should do anything with a transaction, they should buy it, make it profitable and then sell it. I wonder if they are responsible for Chrysler's dropping interior quality. It wouldn't be too surprising considering that GM, Ford, and Toyota also are using hard plastics. I'm sure its a hard industry to be in making petroleum based products and selling to petroleum powered products with petroleum prices the way they are along with people demanding higher quality for lower prices. I feel sorry for the employees on each side of this dispute. If you ask me, this company needs to learn how to adapt to just-in-time inventory management because that is the direction things are heading since they keep ramming that concept down our throats in college. It's not going away; therefore, adapt or fail.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 02-05-2008, 06:59 AM

doesn't sound good at all we were so close
Old 02-05-2008, 07:03 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: JJMPB

doesn't sound good at all we were so close
Don't worry it might just delay things a little. There are other companies if they need them, let's just hope this gets resolved.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 02-05-2008, 09:31 AM

not big deal to me..im buying an 09 ram if this economic recession is mild..i have my doubts...if by chance the 3 headed dog company that guards the gates of hell messes up..i dare say..i will buy a nice new camaro vert to compliment my ram...
Old 02-05-2008, 09:38 AM

Not another delay. It's been to damn long already. Man are they trying to make me buy, dare I say, a high end Mustang.[:@]
Old 02-05-2008, 09:46 AM

An 09 Ram? What exactly would the difference be unless a lot of these are already built. The will still need parts form this company so they may be in short supply. At least there isn't much risk of people going to Ford or GM since they are in the same situation, just the foreign companies. Oh that's a nice thought. I have my favorite among the big three, but to be honest, I don't want to see the big three go down only because they are American. We've already lost companies that the big three run, or ran, like Plymouth and Aston Martin, it would be a shame to see more being lost to foreign companies or eliminated alltogether.
Old 02-05-2008, 09:55 AM

yes it may force you to buy the Knight Rider edition mustang complete with AI
Old 02-05-2008, 10:01 AM

09 ram delayed?...new f150. then(i would want the hurricane in the 09 f150 however)..the either get it together or close..

Quick Reply: Challenger could be delayed