Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

Challenger markup

Old 07-18-2007, 06:13 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Challenger markup

Importing a Challenger is not a viable option. Better to wait for the 2009s after the "fever" (and mark-ups) dies down somewhat.

You would have to deal with emissions and a very steep transportation cost of about $10K.

By the way, the Australians have re-named the Dodge Charger a Challenger.
Old 07-18-2007, 07:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh I know that it isn't practicle, and not something I could afford to do, but some people out there if they were desperate enough for it would. There are obviously going to be people out there with wads of cash that are going to pay whatever it takes to be the first to own the Challenger just like so many people did with the Mustang. Another market would be just an alternative for them if they really wanted it that bad. Haven't heard of that yet, but not something that would totally surprise me if it did.

As for the Challenger name in Australia, that's going to cause issues if they bring out the real Challenger there, though right now according to this article, there isn't a plan to.

Challenger in other markets link
Old 07-19-2007, 02:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All,

From what I have heard here and on other forums, dealers who take deposits are simply exploiting potential buyers. However there are others that say they have done business this way before. I suppose it all depends on the relationship that exists between the two parties. I also imagine some dealers are pretty confident they will get one on their lot - so they can confidently take a deposit and hope that the person "presuming" to buy the car will want one fully loaded - so in the event they can charge top dollar (and most likely will) - there will be a bidding war - where either the original depositor (is that a word?) gets it, or some other cash laden buyer will.

Thoughts?
-Phil