Dodge Challenger Forums

Dodge Challenger Forums (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/)
-   General Dodge Challenger Discussions (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/general-dodge-challenger-discussions-7/)
-   -   Challenger Merchandise (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/general-dodge-challenger-discussions-7/challenger-merchandise-269/)

RoswellGrey 02-16-2008 12:20 PM

RE: Challenger Merchandise

ORIGINAL: 70sguy

Does anyone know where a person could find a nice polo type or button challenger shirt? When they call me in May to pick up my ride I want to dop it in style.
My dear fellow, there is only ONE suitable outfit for picking up a Challenger: White shirt, brown leather vest, bluejeans. Watch the 1971 version of Vanishing Point (the only version that should EVER be seen) several times till you get the hang of the outfit. And you call yourself a 70sguy... Sheesh. ;)

DSkippy 02-17-2008 01:30 PM

Thanks Albeeno! :-) Naw dude, that's not a man town thing, my wife's more than welcome there. The frdige under it is where the my wife has to go to get me my beer. If she read this post, of course, she'd jack my s**t ! It was a fun project. One too many courses however, it just seemed to me that 4 foot bar height was right. All my friends say I should have a step stool next to it.

Thanks Mike! :-)

I've had two Vdubs the first was a pickup truck made in York PA and other was a Golf hechoed in mexico. Abused the hell out of the truck and killed it w/ something over 114K (speedometer cable broke so I don't know the true mileage) sacrificed the other one north of Princeton to a Miata....sad.....

Jeremiah 29:11 02-29-2008 06:43 PM

This is a way to get your Challenger hat fast but it is not really for the Challenger........it is for those crazy tractors as usual.

http://www.ecompanylogo.com/shopcart...3&item_id=1823

For those of you that like that cursive writing:

http://www.ecompanylogo.com/shopcart...=23&cat_id=231

RoswellGrey 03-01-2008 02:15 AM

So now we have cars, buses, space shuttles (well, HAD a space shuttle) and TRACTORS all named Challenger????? Somebody from Dodge should CHALLENGE these other uses of the name. ;)

Having visited their web site, if I were in the market for a tractor, I might purchase a Challenger!

http://www.challenger-ag.com/

JJMPB 03-01-2008 02:51 AM

don't forget tanks the british use the challenger tank

kramtrah 03-01-2008 09:01 AM

and they say the weight of the new Dodge Challenger is too high, nobody has said anything about a 40+ton tank. I think some folks are biased towards our Dodge:D

Jeremiah 29:11 03-20-2008 07:48 PM

ORIGINAL: Billionaire

Here's a great web page for colors I just found:
http://www.diecastmusclecars.com/challengerconcept.htm
It shows you what the 2008 Challenger looks like in lots of different classic colors. I'm really digging the sublime and panther pink. If forced to choose, I guess I'd go with Sublime. Sublime is sublime! If Dodge doesn't offer this color, I'm definitely repainting my Challenger in sublime.

I'm still crying foul and wondering where in the heck is sublime?
Yes it really is foul that they won't give us the bright classic mopar colors that EVERYBODY LOVES!!! There's really no good reason in my opinion and they are really shafting us on the colors. I paid $1,000 extra on my last car to get the color I wanted. And I went through a bunch of hassle to get it too. Why stick us with a bunch of odd, bland colors that most people didn't want.

I've looked at several different new cars recently. Most of them offered really bland, dull, grayed down colors like gray, bronze, dark blue. The only one I found so far that comes in a large variety of bright colors is the Mini Cooper. If the mini cooper can have a big selection of bright colors, then there's no reason that a $40,000 Challenger can't have that too. Give me a break! This is just beyond stupid. I hate it when a company makes a great product but then messes up a few important but simple things like color or whatever. Nobody asked for two shades of red and two shades of silver. Why offer those colors instead of Sublime, Plum Crazy, Panther Pink, and Banana Yellow? I don't get it.

If they don't give us Sublime then I am not going to buy any other Dodge cars besides the Challenger.

MFIllini5 03-29-2008 10:19 PM

A list of Challengers from wikipedia.org follows. The steam locomotive version is actually a class of locomotives used by the Union Pacific Railroad, of which one (#3985) is still used to this day for excursions and is the largest operable steam locomotive in the world.

Challenger a brand of AGCO
HMS Challenger, any of eight Royal Navy ships,
Challenger (clipper), a clipper sailing ship
Challenger (passenger train), a named passenger train fleet
British Army tanks:
Cruiser Mk VIII Challenger in service during World War II.
Challenger 1 in service from the late 1980s to early 21st century
Challenger 2 in service from 1998
Canadair Challenger, a series of business jets manufactured by Bombardier
Dodge Challenger, Dodge's entry to the pony-car market
Mitsubishi Challenger, an SUV sold in export markets as the Pajero Sport/Montero Sport
Space Shuttle Challenger, which broke up shortly after liftoff of its tenth mission, in 1986. (See Space Shuttle Challenger disaster for information on the disaster).
a ferry Stena Challenger formerly Isle of Inishfree and Pride of Cherbourg, now the MV Kaitaki,
4-6-6-4 steam locomotive wheel arrangement
Challenger, the Apollo 17 lunar module
Quad City Challenger ultralight airplane

Jeremiah 29:11 03-30-2008 04:56 PM

This is also a farm tractor with that same brand name.

Jeremiah 29:11 04-05-2008 02:48 PM

I actually have the 2007 sublime and red version. I will have to look for the 2008 models.

April 05, 2008

Hot Wheels Collectors: 2008 NM Challenger SRT8

By Rob Einaudi

Editor-in-Chief

The production version of the new Challenger looks reasonably close to the concept, so you might not have expected Hot Wheels to make a new version for 2008. But they did a completely new tool. I couldn't tell the difference between the two from these pics taken by my Moparts buddy Paul Balze, so here's the breakdown Paul provided:

The '07s are body-color all the way to the bottom of the rockers/bumpers, while the 08s have the blackout paint on the lower body.
The '07s have seams cast in where the front and rear fascia meet the body on the concept car, the '08s don't.
The '07s have the Challenger nameplate tampo'd on the quarters, the '08s don't.
The '07s have the full-width red taillight bar, while the '08s have the backup light in the center.
The '08s have seams on the roof and a sunroof, the '07s don't.
The '08s have the decklid spoiler cast in.
The '08s have the chin spoiler.
The side marker lights are in different locations, as on the actual cars.
The roofline and window openings look different on the '08 than on the '07.
The '08s have quarter windows, the '07s don't.
The stripe tampo on the hood of the '08 appears to include a tiny Dodge ram logo, the '07 doesn't.
Since I haven't taken either out of the blister, I can't say whether the interiors are different.
Both have Dodge tampo'd in the center of the taillight bar.
The bases, on the other hand, appear pretty much identical except for lettering.

I have a Hot Wheels model of the concept (I did, anyway--my daughter was playing with it--I think it may be under the couch) but now I'm gonna have to go out and get the 2008. More pics after the jump, along with the official definition for the word "tampo," also provided by Paul. Thanks Paul!

[IMG]local://upfiles/17/1C7A776A8A3A4D52B94CAEC13482513B.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/17/A2D79ABE0F824DD3AD6507AB7BFCE7E1.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/17/F1D7B595AD124F90BF7C8A24E370D386.jpg[/IMG]