Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

Challenger Merchandise

Old 01-04-2007, 10:36 PM
Administrator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Challenger Merchandise

i found that if you shop around at hobby stores, you can get a much lower price than supercar1...
Old 01-05-2007, 12:49 AM

Damn that black looks tough. My wife got my the Hemi Orange version for Christmas (Somebody loves me).

I am torn on the colors...my cousin had a black Mustang that looked great many years back and I am torn now between the two.
Old 01-05-2007, 06:41 PM
Super Moderator

Black on the outside and black/brushed aluminum, titanium or carbon fiber on the inside for me.

There is a 2006 Black Mustang in the family and it looks bad to the bone. Unfortunately, in the hail storm
it got 6 bad dents but after the season was over they were repaired from the inside so paint mods were done.

In some cases I have heard they use a dry ice technique or a massaging technique to get rid of hail dents.

While I love the black Supercar1, it is just too expensive for me (especially since we just had Christmas).
I already bought a limited edition plum crazy 1970 Challenger for $60.00. I will just shop and look for the
$20.00 Maisto version instead which I have yet to find.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 01-05-2007, 11:35 PM

Well, Jeremiah, the dry ice technique was explained to me by a native West Texan thusly: Park the car outside in the hot sun all day (preferably at the height of summer). In the late afternoon -- when the body is good and hot -- put a piece of dry ice on the dent. Theoretically, the metal will contract so quickly that the dent pops right out. I've never tried it myself and the guy who told me that drinks quite a bit. Hence, I think it might be something that good ol' boys in the Permian Basin tell each other to kill time between rounds.
Old 01-05-2007, 11:48 PM
Administrator

ORIGINAL: Jeremiah 29:11

Black on the outside and black/brushed aluminum, titanium or carbon fiber on the inside for me.

There is a 2006 Black Mustang in the family and it looks bad to the bone. Unfortunately, in the hail storm
it got 6 bad dents but after the season was over they were repaired from the inside so paint mods were done.

In some cases I have heard they use a dry ice technique or a massaging technique to get rid of hail dents.

While I love the black Supercar1, it is just too expensive for me (especially since we just had Christmas).
I already bought a limited edition plum crazy 1970 Challenger for $60.00. I will just shop and look for the
the museum had a ton of the maisto models...if you want, next time im out there i could check to see if they have one for you.
Old 01-06-2007, 01:54 PM

ORIGINAL: Jeremiah 29:11

Just got back from the PX a little bit ago and took my daughter over to the toy aisle.. while there I looked at the Maisto Challenger's and they are $11.95. Need one?
Old 01-06-2007, 02:49 PM
Administrator

11.95?? that would be super cheap! 1:18 scale?
Old 01-06-2007, 04:08 PM

ORIGINAL: 1 Bad Mirada

11.95?? that would be super cheap! 1:18 scale?
Crud.. I didn't look[:@]. I'll go back tomorrow and find out.
Old 01-06-2007, 10:24 PM
Super Moderator

Guys thanks for the offer, but let me look a little longer before we go through all of that trouble. Maybe they are just now getting to Texas.

I finally saw today and picked up the green Hot Wheels version of the Challenger. I hope the larger Maisto version will eventually arrive in Walmart.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 01-07-2007, 09:12 AM
Administrator

i still dont have the green version!!

we ordered them but they havent arrived.

Quick Reply: Challenger Merchandise