Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

Challenger SRT10: Get Out the Decoder Rings

Old 11-17-2008, 07:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Challenger SRT10: Get Out the Decoder Rings

Challenger SRT10: Get Out the Decoder Rings
"There were several goals with this car. It had to be very inexpensive to dowe had a strict budget and a strict timeline. It had to be a complete runner when it was done. And I wanted it to be a show car with showroom quality," McCarthy…

"A significant rule that governed the project was feasibility," LeVere said. "So there were no changes made to the body-in-white."

"We didn't want to take it up into the Viper ACR spectrum, in regard to ride and handling," LeVere said. "But we wanted to make it more of a car you could drive every day."
McCarthy admitted to at least "thinking" about a business plan for production. "I talked with the assembly-plant folks," he said, smiling.

Also, the car was a big hit at the June ride-and-drive event for Chrysler's senior officers. "We kept it off the official list, so no one knew it was coming. It made quite a splash.
There is plenty more check it out!

http://www.autoweek.com/article/20081117/FREE/811179991

Old 11-17-2008, 08:22 PM

Default RE: Challenger SRT10: Get Out the Decoder Rings

sign me up!!!... now that is a car [sm=gears.gif]
Old 11-17-2008, 09:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok I'm going to respond like some of the bloggers wrote we should be. Mindless people who can care less about gas mileage. Allright... I'm all for the SRT-10 Challenger, sign me up. Call me what you will but that is sweet[8D] Can't have too much HP. I wonder if theres mods for it... I'd love to bump the HP up on that puppy
Old 11-18-2008, 03:20 AM

I doubt there would ever be an SRT10 car again. I think the SRT10 label is done ...
'
"Dodge" isn't going to be marketing v10 coupes TRUST ME , they are all about to tank and if they get bailed out it will be so they can make small fuel effiecnt cars. Not V-10 coupes that aren't even selling now. (Truth sorry).

To THIS DATE , i've seen 4.
Old 11-18-2008, 03:54 AM

Looks like it"s time to go start another waiting list with the dealer... Sign me up!
Old 11-18-2008, 05:41 AM

ORIGINAL: Rudy61SRT8
I doubt there would ever be an SRT10 car again. I think the SRT10 label is done ...
"Dodge" isn't going to be marketing v10 coupes TRUST ME , they are all about to tank and if they get bailed out it will be so they can make small fuel effiecnt cars. Not V-10 coupes that aren't even selling now. (Truth sorry).
I believe Rudy is correct....you'll be real lucky if you ever see the 6.4 Hemi offered, much less a V-10. One of the big questions in regards to any bailout is the new fuel mileage standards that the Government wants Motor City to meet. And, they will not meet these standards building V-10's and 6.4 Hemi's. If the bailout goes through....the big motor muscle car day's are numbered. Enjoy your SRT as it will likely be the last of what can be truly be called a muscle car that Motor City will ever build. There will be performance cars offered, but not big motor type muscle cars...Be thankful Dodge brought out the Challenger when they did, or we wouldn't be enjoying them today........"Drive long, Drive Hard"...."Long Live the Muscle Car"...
Old 11-18-2008, 05:47 AM

little orphan annie decoder rings "remember to drink your ovaltine"
Old 11-18-2008, 08:32 AM

I want it, I want it, I want it, I want it, I want it, I want it!!!! although I would have to change that splitter. To me it looks a bit hokey in front like that. I know htey say its needed for more downforce but I really dont think I could find any place around here flat or long enough to have to worry about that.
Old 11-18-2008, 08:54 AM

What's up with all theese topics anyway ? Does anyone watch the news anymore?
Old 11-18-2008, 10:24 AM

Your chances of seeing a V-10 Challenger are about as good as seeing Dodge offering a Challenger Convertible…oh wait, there’s not going to be a Challenger Convertible, so do any of you really think Dodge will make a Challenger with an even more limited interest group….I don’t think so…
If anyone really wants a V-10, buy yourself a new Viper....I hear they are dealing on them....

Quick Reply: Challenger SRT10: Get Out the Decoder Rings