Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

Cold Air Intake

Old 07-16-2008, 03:11 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Cold Air Intake

I have been comparing the many cold air intakes out there, such as K & N, Airaid, MOPAR, etc.

For the quality and price, I will be buying a C & L for $249. It has the highest rate of air flow, a one-piece stainless steel intake, and a 3-sided box with a rubber seal where it meets the underside of the hood. See:

http://www.cnlperformance.com/hemi.html
Old 07-16-2008, 08:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Cold Air Intake

Dude I would go with Mopar all the way... especially if your talking about quality... Plus they look about the same anyway and im sure the results are too... on top of that why would risk putting somthing on your new WHIP that MOPAR makes??? Price shouldn't matter about this upgrade in my opinion. Mopar makes a CAI and that's the one im buying.
Old 07-17-2008, 02:22 AM

OK, a question. I honestly don't know that much about about cold air systems. If they are so wonderful, why aren't they stock products? Do they screw up emissions ratings? Can they be used during the winter? Should I put one on my V-6?
Old 07-17-2008, 04:03 AM

I totally agree with the C&L, I can go to home depot and build one just like mopar makes and slap a mopar sticker on it and call it a mopar CAI. I did that for my ram.
You have to really believe in your product and have a lot of money dumped into it to have the tooling for the castings like C&L.
Old 07-17-2008, 07:50 AM

The Mopar CAI is a universal product and was not designed specifically for the Challenger. I am dissappointed in it.
Old 07-17-2008, 08:21 AM

ORIGINAL: choodock

The Mopar CAI is a universal product and was not designed specifically for the Challenger. I am dissappointed in it.
All of the CAI units are universal and are designed for the engine not the car. If I am wrong, please correct me. I would love to find a model specific one.

Dave
Old 07-17-2008, 09:00 AM

ORIGINAL: 7schulz

I totally agree with the C&L, I can go to home depot and build one just like mopar makes and slap a mopar sticker on it and call it a mopar CAI. I did that for my ram.
You have to really believe in your product and have a lot of money dumped into it to have the tooling for the castings like C&L.
The MOPAR unit is also a less desirable two piece unit, composed of a metal tub and a rubber extension, unlike the C & L.
Old 07-17-2008, 09:07 AM

ORIGINAL: RoswellGrey

OK, a question. I honestly don't know that much about about cold air systems. If they are so wonderful, why aren't they stock products? Do they screw up emissions ratings? Can they be used during the winter? Should I put one on my V-6?
Cold air intakes allow engines (especially high performance engines) to breathe better. They can be used all-year round and do not adversely affect emissions or your warranty. At $250-350, they are more expensive than the stock air box that come from the factory. Less standard performance parts= greater profit for Dodge (both on the initial sale and Dodge accessories purchases).
Old 07-17-2008, 12:10 PM

Too each his/her own. I got a Mopar and my parts will be Mopar. Besides, it just looks better and it makes me feel good.
Old 07-17-2008, 12:35 PM

I have the K&N and have posted a review in the engine section , the thing works great looks good and sounds way better.

Quick Reply: Cold Air Intake