Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

Concept Production changes...

Old 12-07-2006, 05:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Concept Production changes...

Hey RLSH700!

all ok... 2 news from Mexico... a good one and a bad one.

The good one is that after a 2 year savings I've reached the point where I believe I can pay the Challenger in cash!!! I'm still excited about, some bussines worked out this year end so I've reached my target. (I'm using as reference the full equiped Mustang price in Mexico).

the bad one is that no dealer In monterrey Mexico has a clue about the release of the new challenger....that's frustaring since I want to own the 1st car in the state and Dr. Z just reply by telling me I should contact local dealers...

Sale!

Old 12-07-2006, 10:17 PM
Banned

I read in one of the major car magazines that one of the designers of the Challenger said that they would likely not get to "tuck in" the rocker panels as much for the production car as the show car. I'm worried that the slab-sided design which looks so good on the 300/Magnum/Charger will not look so good on the Challenger.
Old 12-08-2006, 12:28 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: leo segovia

Hey RLSH700!

all ok... 2 news from Mexico... a good one and a bad one.

The good one is that after a 2 year savings I've reached the point where I believe I can pay the Challenger in cash!!! I'm still excited about, some bussines worked out this year end so I've reached my target. (I'm using as reference the full equiped Mustang price in Mexico).

the bad one is that no dealer In monterrey Mexico has a clue about the release of the new challenger....that's frustaring since I want to own the 1st car in the state and Dr. Z just reply by telling me I should contact local dealers...

Sale!

Hey leo segovia, that's excellent news! I'd be excited as well. Good for you, man!

Many of the dealers in my area don't have a clue either. I wouldn't worry about it, they'll find something out when it comes closer to time.

Well congrats to you on that and good luck on getting the first one!

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 12-08-2006, 12:30 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome to the site Johnman! Which magazine was this in?

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 12-11-2006, 09:49 AM

ORIGINAL: bored out

....The GTO concept looks very over the top also. I hope we can get some production Challenger spy shots soon. They have to start testing the car soon if they are not already! The challenger is expected to be in showrooms in one year. Lets get some spy pics!!!!!
Bored out, could you put up a link to a pic of the GTO concept. I can't seem to find pics of the goat anywhere.
Old 12-12-2006, 11:34 AM

yeah... pics please!

ORIGINAL: joeyr

ORIGINAL: bored out

....The GTO concept looks very over the top also. I hope we can get some production Challenger spy shots soon. They have to start testing the car soon if they are not already! The challenger is expected to be in showrooms in one year. Lets get some spy pics!!!!!
Bored out, could you put up a link to a pic of the GTO concept. I can't seem to find pics of the goat anywhere.
Old 12-13-2006, 11:24 AM

Johnman,
I hope you're wrong about the side tuck in info. That would ruin the look of this car for sure.
Old 12-13-2006, 08:17 PM

i live in el paso, right on the border... would it be legal for me to go over to jaurez and buy a challenger and bring it over here cheaper?
Old 12-13-2006, 11:16 PM

Default 2009 GTO and Firebird!

Here is the link for the GTO bro...and I through in another link to the FIREBIRD! I'm assuming only one or the other will be built for Pontiac, they only need one pony car right now.

GTO

http://www.leftlanenews.com/2006/07/...e-twins-again/

FIREBIRD

http://www.leftlanenews.com/2006/09/...set-to-return/

CAMARO - For good measure...

I think the firebird looks great, better than the camaro to me. The GTO looks very ZETA platformish to me.
Old 12-13-2006, 11:44 PM

Default Confirmed-Production same as Concept???

Chrysler VP and lead designer Tom Tremont says the challenger will be identical to the concept. 3 things about this link.

1. Thank goodness
2. DCX is doing something right
3. That must be one hell of a good concept design for DCX to not want to change it. They hit the nail on the head.

link...

http://www.leftlanenews.com/2006/07/...al-to-concept/

Quick Reply: Concept Production changes...