Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

Concept Production changes...

Old 12-14-2006, 02:42 PM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Confirmed-Production same as Concept???

Agreed bored out. I'm glad they are going to keep it the same. The only thing I would change is the rims, but that can be changed quite easily. The Firebird picture looks a world and a half better than the Camaro.

I don't know about the GTO, it looks like the designer of the Aztek was allowed to over do it again. The one they are discontinuing is a little too dull, but this is the other extreme and it is worse to have excessive styling. Dull can be over looked (this is how the Camry and Accord have sold for years while being downright boring), but too radical styling kills (96-99 Taurus failed to match the previous Taurus's success).

It looks like something Darth Vader would design if it was in black, but I'd still take one anyday over that Camaro. It is still at least a half a world better looking than that Camaro. ICK!

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 12-14-2006, 07:41 PM

That GTO pic is the 99 concept of the GTO. The new gto, if produced, will look different than that because that concept is 10 yrs old.
Old 12-14-2006, 08:29 PM

Thank you Bored out for the great pics. Yeah that GTO pic did seem familiar, but i do like the Firebird/GTO design (maybe without the hood decal but a badge)
Old 12-15-2006, 08:58 AM
Administrator

im not aurw if that left lane news story is really an official statement...that kind of sounds like corporate fast talk to me, as if we didnt hear the whole conversation...

reporter: Will the challenger look like the challenger concept, or could we see big changes to the production model like we saw with the charger?
tremont: there might be some very minor changes, but any real changes will be superficial...the production car will look just like it...you wont be able to tell the difference..

just a thought.....

Old 12-15-2006, 05:14 PM
Super Moderator

I think that pretty much resolves any fears we might have. I think any changes they will make will be minor. I can't image the difference between the appearance of the Challenger concept and the production model will be as different as the Charger concept and the production model. They were on completely different platforms (a modified LH vs. the LX).

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 01-01-2007, 11:31 AM
Banned

Default RE: Concept Production changes...

ORIGINAL: leo segovia

I know a company here in Mexico that used to produce the frames for those AZtec models.... a friend of mine that's working with them told me it was a huge disappointment since they decide to pull back the project while ago.

IN other news... for work I visited a crank manufacturer down the center of Mexico, they produce the crank for the Charger and seems they're bidding for the Challenger.... hope I can get some info from him.

Nice, I know there is some super labs in mexico but to hear from someone that actually works there wow.

I use the easy method pretty much but not adverse to the Nazi method? what acid solvents are you guys using to strip the last 02 mole out of the formula ??
Old 01-21-2007, 01:15 AM

Default RE: Concept Production changes...

Please keep us posted on anything you learn from your friend producing the cranks. That's real (downright official) information as far as I'm concerned. Mil gracias, Travis