Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

Convertible comment

Old 10-14-2008, 02:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Convertible comment

Interesting comment from the after-market parts guy at my Dodge dealership. I went out this afternoon to get my license plates (and, yes, I had the front-plate bracket installed. No, Paladin, the car didn't scream in agony or turn into a pumpkin or anything ).

While there, I was talking to the parts guy because he had my cigarette lighter and ashtray (no, I still haven't smoked in the car, but this is America, dammit, and cars should have lighters and ashtrays). Anyway, while we were chatting, he said he was probably going to hold off buying a Challenger till 2010 because he wanted to get a convertible, which he said is all but stamped OK.

He then pointed out that the Challenger is already set up to be a convertible, due to its stance and design of the trunk. He noted that the seatbelts are carefully not mounted to the ceiling; everything is designed so the top can be removed. He also said that "only a couple of parts" would be required for stiffening the body to become a convertible.

Old 10-14-2008, 02:06 PM

Default RE: Convertible comment

Any one else out there with info???
Old 10-14-2008, 02:09 PM

Just because it is already setup to be built as a convertible....doesn't mean it will...
With that GM/Mopar thing, and other issues...I wouldn't count on it...
Hope I am wrong, but we will see.........
Old 10-14-2008, 02:13 PM

But the thought of a SRT10 convertible.....orgasmic.....
Old 10-14-2008, 02:18 PM

On the GM thing, he said he thought that if there indeed is a merger, the convertible Challenger stood an even better chance because GM is more pro-convertible.

Keep in mind I'm merely reporting what he said during a very brief conversation.
Old 10-14-2008, 05:43 PM

ORIGINAL: RoswellGrey

On the GM thing, he said he thought that if there indeed is a merger, the convertible Challenger stood an even better chance because GM is more pro-convertible.

Keep in mind I'm merely reporting what he said during a very brief conversation.
If the merger goes through (and I don't think it will..but who knows) We'll be lucky to have "any" Challenger as I don't think GM will want to kept competing models (Camaro vs Challenger) as it would not make money sense to have two different models in such a small market...
Don't get me wrong I hope the parts guy you talked to is correct...but I think people who want a Convertible Challenger will have to go with one of the coach builders and have one made...
Long live the Challenger (I hope)
Old 10-14-2008, 06:01 PM

Interesting comment from the after-market parts guy at my Dodge dealership. I went out this afternoon to get my license plates (and, yes, I had the front-plate bracket installed. No, Paladin, the car didn't scream in agony or turn into a pumpkin or anything ).
NOOO..!!! [sm=noooo.gif]

Are you sure about that... did you actually SEE the operation and LISTEN for yourself..??

No matter... I ain"t risking it..
Old 10-14-2008, 06:33 PM

ORIGINAL: mopar2ya

NOOO..!!! [sm=noooo.gif]

Are you sure about that... did you actually SEE the operation and LISTEN for yourself..??

No matter... I ain"t risking it..
Yep. I stood there and watched it. The Challenger took it like a Real Man (as I knew it would) and now PROUDLY displays a front Texas license plate. [sm=lildevil.gif]
Old 10-14-2008, 07:24 PM

How about you RG... did you whimper or cry just a little bit..??

You can be honest... I won"t tell no one...
Old 10-14-2008, 09:09 PM

with all the problems i have with the chrysler/GM merger..ive pretty much decided a F150 will be my next truck (my 01 ram has been great)....i worry about getting any ram repaired as i expect GM to gut chrysler of everything but jeep...yea i would have loved a challenger vert and really put off buying anything until i could see one in person..this current challenger design would have made a terrific looking vert...i just do not see it happening though which really is a damn shame..i would have loved a new ram (or chally vert) but at present i just dont want to be sucked up in detroits downfall

Quick Reply: Convertible comment