Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

Dealer hoses Drag Pak deal

Old 10-31-2008, 04:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dealer hoses Drag Pak deal

Well, unfortunately, I came within a fax of ordering a Drag Pak Chally today, the last day of orders. I came to the dealer with the application completed including my racing experience to date, etc. Checked off the boxes I wanted and had even spoken with the Tech line prior to my visit. However, the dealer (sales manager to be specific), said he knew nothing about the program, blamed Chrysler "for never telling the dealers anything"...hello, your company, remember??) and that he could not sign the purchase agreement because they might get stuck with the inoperable car. I relayed, several times should we call someone...he said, perhaps Monday (which is too late)..."I have 3 customers here I need to watch"...apparently I was not one???

So, I bagged it. As loyal a mopar guy that I am, I'm freakin sick of these inept dealers! So, I walked away from a $37,000 purchase and they wonder why they are going down the tubes...[:@]
Old 10-31-2008, 07:30 PM

Default RE: Dealer hoses Drag Pak deal

i feel your frustation..but you may come out the winner in this..november 5th is the day chrysler may be gone...i know this is forbidden..but a webiste with initials A-L-P-A-R has a letter or other saying november 5th is day for announcement of chryslers fate (references you will remeber where you were kinda stuff)...find out wednesday i guess and you may have just saved yourself $37k with no chance of ever getting that car
Old 11-01-2008, 05:52 AM

Thanks. Though the news today suggests both deals are on ice (for different reasons)...right now anyway. I'm still steaming about yesterday but I'll figure something else out.
Old 11-01-2008, 09:21 AM

ORIGINAL: snooter

...i know this is forbidden..but a webiste with initials A-L-P-A-R
Are you serious, we are not permitted to mention or link other Mopar related sites with good information? I don't recall that in the rules at sign up.

Old 11-01-2008, 11:48 AM

From the forum rules:

7. No promotions of other related sites. There is no problem with occasionally using the name of other sites or even posting a link to a pertinent thread from another site, but repeatedly referring to other related sites is considered "SPAM" and is not allowed. Please have the decency of NOT putting links to them in your signature, profile or have a post, PM or Chat telling our members to come over to another related site. Such activity is ground for removal from signature, and repeated offenses are grounds for being banned.

I think we"re OK with this one...
Old 11-01-2008, 07:28 PM

Isn't there a song that goes "it's the end of the world as we know it..."
First the friggin' elections and now this!

AHHHHHhhhh.

And to top it all off Chad "Dirt Bag" Reed is going to ride Suzuki next year.

Don't be suprized if my dad come on here saying I'm dead around next year...JOKING.
I would kill myself. I'd just cry for a few days.