Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

Trak Pak - Different Exhaust?

Old 05-31-2008, 07:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trak Pak - Different Exhaust?

So I've been quite frustrated lately. I thought I remembered reading a posting somewhere on some Challenger forum that the Trak Pak offered a slightly larger diameter exhaust as well as two resonators replacing the muffler. I could've sworn the post listed all the exhaust diameters for all the trim levels w and w/o trak pak. The post I thought I read was posting some weeks back I think.

However, today I go to look for it again and I simply cannot find it - at all. I'm not sure if it was on this forum or Allpar or another Challenger forum.
I'm starting to think I dreamt up the thread and that it never existed.

I did find the part about the resonators at Allpar on their information page -- but the information I remember reading about was a forum post and it had all the diameters listed. From Allpar:

Also included with the manual transmission is a unique dual exhaust that has two low-restriction bottle resonators replacing the underfloor muffler, and bright pedals.
So... anyone remember seeing a post with the rumored exhaust diameters or am I simply insane and losing my mind dreaming up nonexistent posts because I'm so excited...

Old 05-31-2008, 07:19 PM

Default RE: Trak Pak - Different Exhaust?

Venthos, i remember what you are talking about and I think it was posted on this site. I'm not sure where it was posted but I think the SRT had a little bigger exhaust.
Old 05-31-2008, 07:26 PM

Venthos?? What Challenger... there is no Challenger. The program was scrapped immediately after the concept was shown. No feasability in the market place with the economy and gas prices being what they are. Sounds like a nice dream though. Next thing you know people will be talking about a new Camaro or something... geez...
Old 05-31-2008, 07:36 PM

Just think how much that would have sucked if they did scrap the challenger idea.
Old 06-01-2008, 03:51 AM

Ugh it's going to frustrate me to no end now with you remembering that you saw it too, DK challenger. haha. Back to searching...
Old 06-01-2008, 04:07 AM

ORIGINAL: Venthos

Ugh it's going to frustrate me to no end now with you remembering that you saw it too, DK challenger. haha. Back to searching...
Venthos, Have you checked back at Red Letter Dodge... seems like I remember some discussion there about it, but not certain that's where I saw it either.
Old 06-01-2008, 08:13 AM

ohh well here's my two cents...... I remembering seeing it too... definatly on this site... Try the Apperence forum...
Old 06-01-2008, 08:42 AM

Another sighting. I read it too. Listed the different sizes for the exhaust systems. 6.4, 6.1, and the 5.7
He didn't post the one for the SE 3.5 V-6 didn't think it would matter.
Old 06-01-2008, 09:21 AM

You guys are torturing me here... haha. I've searched so many keywords combinations using both the forum search and google search specifying "site:dodgechallenger.com" in the criteria. I've literally "next paged" through 100 page threads scanning manually for it. I cannot for the life of me find it.

Part of the problem is I cannot search for say:

3.0"

with the quotation there for the "inch" desgination. Search engines will ignore it or treat it as if i'm specifying an absolute phrase to search for. I bet if I could search with the quotation I could find the where he mentions like:

3.0" R/T

or whatever. If anyone finds anything let me know =P I'm determined to find that post.
Old 06-01-2008, 05:41 PM

It was posted on this site, most likely under the topic of first modifications

Quick Reply: Trak Pak - Different Exhaust?