Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

Dealer stickers on bumper

Old 09-03-2008, 12:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dealer stickers on bumper

Im sure that no one wants those cheesy stickers slapped on their pride and joy. I have already discussed this with my dealer(s) and have been assured that no one will put one on the car. (if they do its not leaving the lot till they take it off)
Just wondering how the rest of you have dealt with this issue and if your dealer is OK not slapping one on. If it were used PT Cruiser I could care less but on a new SRT8,, not gonna happen.
Old 09-03-2008, 01:24 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Dealer stickers on bumper

I plan to tell my dealer the same thing- no sticker...unless I get big $$$ for advertising his dealership on my Challenger.
Old 09-03-2008, 01:28 PM

Told my dealer not to touch the car, no wash, no stickers, nothing. It came off the truck and I arrived about 30 minutes later. It was shipped in the back/front of the truck with the rear facing the front of the truck and was covered with bug splatter. Dealer asked if I wanted them to remove the bugs and I said no. He told me that would call up a local detailer and have them remove the bugs and assured me the guy knew what he was doing. I said if he would do that it would be okay.

I paid for it and walked to the back to get my car. Met the sales manager there and he told me that he made the detailer wear soft pants and use a new chamois to get the bugs off. The detailer was still working on it with the sales manager looking over his shoulder. Drove the car to a gas station for a fill-up with the sales manager alongside. On the drive the sales manager was as nervous as a cat that something might happen to it. Kind of funny but greatly appreciated his concern. How's that for customer service?
Old 09-03-2008, 02:12 PM

lol I took the dealer license plate frame off the back of my car the second I got to my house !!!

Don't take my 50g's and put your fucking license plate frame on the back!
Old 09-03-2008, 02:23 PM

for now I still have the dealer frame around the plate,simply becuase the plate looks stupid without a frame.BUT as soon as I come across a GATOR frame I like it's history.No stickers either,the salesman I dealt with has a strong appreciation for classic automobiles.
Old 09-03-2008, 03:03 PM

Umm, when I got home I bent over and peeled it off the rear bumper... Lol

[quote]ORIGINAL: tnek

Just wondering how the rest of you have dealt with this issue
Old 09-04-2008, 12:53 AM

before i just took it off myself,, gently and with a lot of water & soap and little vinegar (it works!) to remove the stains it left..

Old 09-04-2008, 05:20 AM

I have spoken with my dealer about this and they assured me that no stickers of any kind will be applied to THE CAR. I also gave them my license plate frame to put on when they add the temp tags to it. They have no problems with my requests as the owner/gm/salesman all have an 08 SRT and understand that stuff doesnt belong on that car.
Old 09-04-2008, 07:35 AM

I asked dealer to do nothing but the absolute minimal PDI and they were very respective of my request. They locked the car in secure storage until I was able to pick it up. Nothing appeared to be touched from the time of delivery!
Old 09-04-2008, 11:21 AM

They will not put a sticker, license plate frame or anything advertising them unles they pay a steep fee similar in magnitude to the market adjustments some dealers arbitrarily put on 08s as well as the monthly fee based on time and miles the advertisement travels and while I'm at it there will be a cleaning/detailing fee too.

Quick Reply: Dealer stickers on bumper