Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

Did they stop 6 speed production

Old 12-17-2008, 12:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Did they stop 6 speed production

I was told by a dealer they were haveig proublems with the 6 speeds and they were not building them for now .Im sure this isnt true but has anyone eles been told something like this .
Old 12-17-2008, 01:06 PM

Default RE: Did they stop 6 speed production

Well it isn't like the manual is a new trans. If they aren't stopping production of the Viper I doubt their stopping the Challenger.

ORIGINAL: 1971cuda convert

I was told by a dealer they were haveig proublems with the 6 speeds and they were not building them for now .Im sure this isnt true but has anyone eles been told something like this .
Old 12-17-2008, 02:14 PM

since all chrysler plants are closing down for at least a month all challengers will stop being produced
Old 12-18-2008, 05:50 AM

Seems they have been delaying the six speeds for some reason though. I'm starting to believe with everything that's going on, I will never see mine. At the very least, I'll have some money saved up, just don't know for what.
Old 12-18-2008, 08:28 AM

I am glad that I sacraficed the leather and pulled the trigger on mine. No regrets.

Fitz
Old 12-18-2008, 09:32 AM

This was an email response I received recently from a Sales Rep that I've been speaking with at a local Dodge dealer in my area. I had been inquiring about ordering an `09 R/T F package:

A Challenger R/T with 20" Chrome wheels, 6 speed transmission in HEMI Orange is $32,890 ordered as of today.

Dodge is resuming scheduling for the F Package with the 6 speed in December. What this means is that all the orders for that 27F package basically stack up until they resume building. Obviously the sooner you order, the sooner your car gets built.
I hope this info helps

Old 12-18-2008, 10:04 AM

Yes, same thing I was told.....later on. I've had mine on order since the 25 of Oct. Dealer said that they would begin building in Nov. From what I understand they have taken off the entire month of Nov because my dealer then turned around and said that building would begin in Dec, told me this at the end of Nov after no building obviously happened. Now come Dec, building went on for two weeks and now we're back to no building for a month. Although this may be the case, it seems that people have been having issues getting their six speed since well before this time.
Old 12-18-2008, 12:11 PM

As much as I would have preferred to order mine, I might just have to suck it up and buy one that's "pretty close" to the exact one I wanted.
Old 12-19-2008, 04:59 AM

this assuming that they are gonna open back up in a month which could also be doubtful concisdering you hear reports that Chrysler will be outt buisness by the end of the year so pretty much if you got one you got one if you don't got steal one from someone that does lol
Old 12-19-2008, 06:55 AM

Sheesh! I bought my 6speed off the lot. Almost exactly like how I would have ordered it anyway. Only waited about a month for one to show up in one of the three colors my wife and I were considering.

We had been talking to a few sales people at the dealer so they knew what we were looking for and they called us when one showed up that fit our requirements.

Quick Reply: Did they stop 6 speed production