Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

Did they stop 6 speed production

Old 12-19-2008, 07:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Did they stop 6 speed production

I think I'm just to picky when it comes to my car, if you want to say base is picky. I guess there is no market for base. I don't want, or need, all that flashy stuff that comes with the car, I hate leather, and all the other stuff is just a waste of money to me, not to mention the cost to fix it, or replace it, when it comes time. If it doesn't help the performance, I don't want it, except in the case of trucks. I can live without vinyl seats.

Anyway, I live in my house, not my car, so all I want is the base in the package that I'm looking for. Base doesn't really exist, one, people don't want it, two it doesn't make as much money. All I'm looking for is inferno red R/T w/6 speed and I would be happy. (Ok, I wouldn't complain if there was a sunroof or something small like that on it, not you get one thing and have a million other things with it that you don't want because it's in a package.) I would have it shipped in like my Mustang if the thing existed on any lots in the US, within reasonable distance of course.
Old 12-19-2008, 12:22 PM

I am going to pick up my '09 R/T on Monday. I bought it out of state and will have to drive 4 hours each way to trailer it home. When I heard about the shutdown, I decided I better pull the trigger NOW! I have a hunch we will be sitting on some rather collectible cars here, guys.

There were other cars closer to me available, but they were all pretty loaded up with options I didn't want.
The car I bought only has one option I don't want: R/T hood/fender stripes. I'll leave them on for now to see if they grow on me, but I bet they will be off by summer. Otherwise it's a black 6-speed with the 27J package (to get the leather, better stereo, etc), 3.92 rear axle (had to get the 20" chrome wheels to get the right gear ratio[:@]), and HID headlamps.

I cannot wait 'til Monday! Santa's coming to my house a few days early this year!!!!
Old 12-19-2008, 12:41 PM

Well, this kind of worries me. I write Chrysler to find out the status of my vehicle, it's in BG status, and they told me that the vehicle is on hold for material restriction. They suggest that I contact my sales manager to "discuss the restriction and determine possible sales code changes". Why in the world didn't my dealer contact me about this? I'm a little upset and worried at the same time. I have a base model R/T three pedal, what in the heck could the restriction be? I will find out shortly.