Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

Dodge Challenger Concept at Toronto Auto Show

Old 02-10-2007, 10:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dodge Challenger Concept at Toronto Auto Show

For all Dodge enthusiasts that were NOT fortunate enough to see the Challenger concept in the flesh at the Detroit Auto Show (NAIAS) last January 2006, well here's your chance to see it at the Canadian International Auto Show (CIAS) in Toronto.

It really is worth seeing in person. If you were enamoured at Detroit, and can't wait until April 2008 for see the production version, now's your chance to see the muscled Challenger in Toronto. During last years Detroit auto show it had the largest crowds, along with the Camaro concept. It's definitely worth the trip to Toronto to see. You will not be disappointed. It's a 4 hour trip from the Detroit/Windsor border.
Here's is an exerpted article that appeared in the Saturday Toronto Star (Feb. 10, 2007)

Toronto auto show ranked among the best

Excitement grows as opening nears; 1,000 cars, trucks will be displayed
Robert McMillan
Whenever February rolls around in Toronto, excitement over new cars reaches a fever pitch.

This emotion is no doubt fuelled by the buildup to the Canadian International AutoShow, starting next Friday at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre and Rogers Centre.

I recall attending auto shows in Toronto in my youth, and I always enjoyed seeing, touching and discussing the latest models.

There was, and is, a positively electric feel about the show that almost defies explanation.

Over the years, I've seen the size and stature of the Toronto show grow along with the exploding interest in everything automotive. Each year, I wonder how the organizers can top the thrills from the previous one, and each year they continue to raise the bar.

Today, the Canadian International AutoShow is among the five North American auto shows that are internationally accredited, and it's the largest of those, spread out over 850,000 square feet.

And it's Canada's largest consumer show in both size and attendance.

I've visited car shows in other cities, such as Frankfurt, Paris and Detroit – and our effort ranks among the best.

The 2007 AutoShow presents about 150 exhibitors, with more than 1,000 cars and trucks on display.

The value of the exhibits at the 10-day expo is estimated to be about $60 million. The estimated value for the cars, alone, is $30 million.

Every year, the CIAS showcases a number of vehicle premières, and this year is no exception. A dozen or so auto manufacturers plan to roll out more than 30 new cars and trucks for first-time public viewing.

Concept vehicles, too, are a big part of the AutoShow. Look for the Ford Shelby GR-1, the Audi R8, the Lexus LFC, the Dodge Challenger and the Acura Advanced Sedan to turn a few heads.

Without playing favourites, I'd say one of the coolest concept vehicles at this year's event is the Efijy.

It's on display for the first time in North America outside of Detroit.

The Efijy has a radical custom coupe shape and boasts V8 supercar power under the hood, a Corvette underbody and state-of-the-art automotive technology throughout.

The Soprano Purple paintwork highlights its curvaceous 5.2-metre body, reinterpreting the classic design cues of the iconic 1953 FJ Holden.

Auto racing fans will be pleased to know that the NASCAR Pavilion is featured again this year.

Show cars, driver autograph sessions, racing simulators, merchandise and travel packages are all part of the experience at this thrilling pavilion.

If you are interested in vintage automobiles from yesteryear, then you won't want to miss the Classic Concours. Striking vehicles from among the Cruise Nationals finalists will compete for cash and prizes.

The History Room features restored Studebakers from Ontario Studebaker clubs, as well as five beauties from the Studebaker Museum in Indiana.

Be sure to catch Pony Fever, a collection of Mustangs, Camaros, Challengers and Javelins that esta
Old 02-11-2007, 01:21 PM
Rob

Default RE: Dodge Challenger Concept at Toronto Auto Show

Holy Moses!!!

That is great news! Thanks so much for posting!

I can hardly concentrate!
Old 02-11-2007, 08:55 PM

You're welcome Rob.

You'll recognize me with the ear-to-ear grin standing by the Challenger![sm=drooldude.gif][sm=drooldude.gif][sm=drooldude.gif]
.......and the drool on the floor!
Old 02-14-2007, 06:33 PM
Rob

Hey...

Trying to find out more info...can't find it anywhere.

Do you know which days the Challenger will be at the Toronto Auto Show?

R
Old 02-15-2007, 05:43 PM

Rob, I'm going tomorrow afternoon....first day of the Toronto Auto Show. It better be there!
Old 02-16-2007, 09:20 AM

I am a big fan of Challenger 2008 concept and just found out about this web-site.
I am actually working at the Autoshow which will be running from 15 (friday) to 25th (sunday). They have an orange concept sitting at the main floor in the Convention Centre. Note that they have cars at Rogers Centre as well. Easiest way to get into the Convention Centre is off Front street, main doors.
I got the chance to sit in the car prior to opening (yesterday) and consider myself very lucky. It is indeed an awesome car and looks even better then on wallpapers, videos etc. It is worth seeing it in real life and perhaps taking pictures with it. Even though it will not be accessible for viewers, you can get pretty close to it. They also have a running clock near the car that counts down the time till the official date of this vehicle.
Good luck to everyone who are planning to visit Toronto. It will be very busy, and i would suggest to come during the weekday and early. We are expecting more then 300 000 visitors over the next 10 days. It will be very very busy.
Not sure how long this concept will be there for, but I will try to find out. However, I am pretty sure it will be there till closing, since it takes days to get those cars inside. I dont think they will ruin their set-ups and floors prior to the end.
I will post the pics that i made later on.
See you there.
Old 02-16-2007, 11:37 PM
Rob

Thanks John.

Main lobby of the Convention center! I'll be there...see if you can clear the crowd out tomorrow at around 10:30am so I can take some nice pictures!
Old 02-16-2007, 11:43 PM
Super Moderator

The trick is to go early and make a beeline to the car. Take the pictures from all different angles including getting on your stomach
and taking pictures from the floor.

Good luck and please post all of them. Enjoy the show!
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 02-17-2007, 03:34 PM

I was at the Toronto auto show on Friday. Great to see the Challenger concept again. Not too many people on the 1st day of show. I spoke with a Chrysler representative and he informed me that the Challenger will be there for the duration of the show.

Planning to go a second day with my son to see the Challenger again.

The orange Challenger looks very impressive in person. In comparison to the 1970 red Challenger R/T, it is much larger. It looks like a puffed up version of the 70's car. Macho feel with a very impressive look from the show floor. Even from 60 feet away, the orange Challenger looks menacing.

Highly recommend it to all Challenger fans to go visit the Chysler products.....especially the Challenger.
Old 02-17-2007, 03:40 PM
Super Moderator

Great! Glad to hear you got to get an upclose look at it. Any pics?

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Quick Reply: Dodge Challenger Concept at Toronto Auto Show