Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

Drove an auto black R/T today! Dissappointed at lack of power.

Old 09-17-2008, 07:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Drove an auto black R/T today! Dissappointed at lack of power.

Ok personally I dont believe is this new sort of punishment. I mean grounding, time out etc. is for the birds! I think a good ol spanking may be in order! [sm=chairshot.gif]
Old 09-17-2008, 07:12 AM

Warning:

When tryin' to spank Andre, please keep in mind I'm a black belt in crowbar!
When the crowbar fails me, I win my fights by at least 30 yards :-Þ
Old 09-17-2008, 07:15 AM

Tsk Tsk Tsk Andre! Such violence! Here I thought that there may be folks that would enjoy being spanked!
Old 09-20-2008, 04:20 PM

There were actually 3 1970 Chargers made with the "Daytona Conversion Package" (I've actually seen one, so I know they exist - probably the only one left). All they had were the Daytona's nose and wing - they didn't have the flush rear window, fender scoops on top of the front fenders or the chrome A-pillar posts.

I guess a dodge dealer can put whatever they want on their cars.(even a superbee decal on anything they want too}
Even a nose and wing if the dealers wants too...........
But as I said DODGE didnot make any 1970 Daytonas...........
Yep I guess you could have a Clone of anything,,,but if you want to clone a car
I would think 99% would make the clone the same year as the real car that came out...
Maybe you were also in a 1970 Clone also lol

But there is a rumour that there are 3 1970 Daytona's
They were 440 sixpacks
And as someone said,one was for a Executive for Dodge,,,but the Executive for dodge has no idea what anyone is talking about.
One of the 3 you are talking about was sold around $300,000 a year or 2 ago...
If it was a real 1970 Daytona i would think the car would be worth over a million dollars and not the $300,000.

As I said I think100% the 3 were put together by a dealer....................
Old 09-20-2008, 10:46 PM

There were actually 3 1970 Chargers made with the "Daytona Conversion Package" (I've actually seen one, so I know they exist - probably the only one left). All they had were the Daytona's nose and wing - they didn't have the flush rear window, fender scoops on top of the front fenders or the chrome A-pillar posts.

I guess a dodge dealer can put whatever they want on their cars.(even a superbee decal on anything they want too}
Even a nose and wing if the dealers wants too...........
But as I said DODGE didnot make any 1970 Daytonas...........
Yep I guess you could have a Clone of anything,,,but if you want to clone a car
I would think 99% would make the clone the same year as the real car that came out...
Maybe you were also in a 1970 Clone also lol

But there is a rumour that there are 3 1970 Daytona's

As I said I think100% the 3 were put together by a dealer....................
[/quote]

Not sure why all the talk about Daytona's, but I have a feeling it's due to my signature line. Let me say here and now....there were NEVER any legit 1970 Daytona's......the three that everyone refers to were built by dealers, not the factory. This subject has been covered in depth by both the wingcar club and "Mopar Collector's Guide". Anyone interested in wingcars should checkout Dodge Charger.com for more information. At one time I owned an orignial Hemi 4-speed Superbird (wish I still had it...but that's another story) And I have never ever tried to past my Daytona clone off as anything but what it is......a clone built by yours truly. And yes there are a lot of 1970 clones running around, because you need 70 fenders and hood to build a Daytona. There are also a lot of 1969 clones running around with 70 fenders and hood. Anyone who buys one of these clones thinking they are orignal......didn't do their homework...to easy to prove otherwise. Same goes for those who buy cloned Hemi cars....do your homework and remember "buyer beware"! Anyone who might be looking for a "lost" Superbird should checkout ads for 1970 Roadrunners...have find two in past that were really Superbirds minus the nose and rear spoiler.....just look for the special rear window.......just don't hold your breath. I love wingcars...but I am having a love affair with my new Challenger.
Old 09-23-2008, 07:03 PM

Geeeeee I cannot afford a Hemi 1969 Daytona...
But I do have a 440 daytona
and my 3 1970 superbirds are all 440 sixpacks.........
geeeeeee its nice to have originals,but Many of my Mopars have the wrong build sheets in them............
Old 09-24-2008, 08:42 AM

ORIGINAL: eslickness

Geeeeee I cannot afford a Hemi 1969 Daytona...
But I do have a 440 daytona
and my 3 1970 superbirds are all 440 sixpacks.........
geeeeeee its nice to have originals,but Many of my Mopars have the wrong build sheets in them............

Sorry, but I missed the point of your reply.....I am happy for you, you are very lucky indeed to own four "original" wingcars........I can't afford what people want today for original wingcars in any condition, which is why I built a clone.....and that is why there are so many clones out there......originals are worth to much to buy for most of us (even if I had the money...wouldn't pay 200,000 + for one). I had an original 426/4-spd Superbird back when they were not worth that much.....had a lot of fun with it, but it's old history now. I am also a 20+ member of the winged warriors, so I have been around them for some time......
Again.......missed the point you were trying to make.....
Old 09-24-2008, 04:37 PM

I think my original point was
that there never was any 1970 Daytonas built.(unless the dealer built them}
And I think if you would clone a daytona I would think most would do it with a 1969 Charger.
As for the other Poster
He was very lucky to have had a 426 Daytona....
As of now,the wing cars are top dollars,I was also at Darlington a few years ago
at the opening when the wing cars did a lap before the race....
I let my friend do the lap and I took the pictures....(to me it was no big deal going around the track lol}
A few years ago you could buy wing cars Originals for around $68,000 in great shape,,,,what a great investment huh lol.........
Old 09-24-2008, 07:36 PM

I figured you were bothered by the fact I had a clone made from a 70 Charger. I had the 70 which needed work so it was used as it really wouldn't have made much sense to buy a nice 69 Charger only to lose the front clip anyway. I was never trying to pull one over on anyone so using a 69 was never an issue. That's why it's called a clone, sure it's not 100% but it's my car and I really don't care what others think....which by the way I have never had anyone who had a problem with it. My 70 looks just like a 69 except for the side lights, and some interior pieces, which again I could change these out IF I wanted it to look like a stock Daytona....which I don't.
If you were to checkout the charger.com web site, aero car section, you will see that the use of 70's is very popular for the reasons mentioned above. As for the never any 1970 Daytonas built.........old story that we have covered several times.....so what, again mines a clone. I guess I need to restate.....I have never tried in any way shape or form to pass my Daytona off as any thing other than a 70 that I turned into a Daytona like alike.....period. I was very lucky to have owned an original Hemi Superbird in the past, but again times change and people change as well.
ANYWAY.........I think we need to end this thread on wingcars as this is the "Dodge Challenger Forum" , if you feel a need to continue it, we can move it over to the off topic section................But all points hopefully have been made. Have a good one.....
Old 09-25-2008, 06:10 AM

BLK 6050, I for one would like to see a few picks of your 70. If you could post in Off topic that owuld be great. I had something very similar to what you have done and would like to see how yours looks.

Quick Reply: Drove an auto black R/T today! Dissappointed at lack of power.