Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

Dual 10"

Old 12-03-2008, 06:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dual 10"

How much work and what do I need to add another kicker on the other side of the trunk ?" new amp ?
Old 12-04-2008, 01:03 AM

Default RE: Dual 10"

to start,u will have to buy a seperate amp and have a custom box built,because they dont make a factory right side box,then u will have to search and see if u can pick up a second kicker sub,which may or may not be easily available (if dodge has them specially built or if they are just an every day kicker sub)

heres my thoughts on this subject:
you would be better off taking the stock sub enclosure out,and replacing it with a custom box and add a matching right side box,and if possible order an exact replacement sub for the right side. then u can have matching boxes and subs,then u will need an after market amp capable of powering 2 subwoofers and u will more than likely need a hi-lo converter to tap into the stock sub wires for the sound to get to the amp (hi lo converters are only like $12.00)

take my word for what its worth to you..i think kicker is a good company,but if u were going to spend the money u could walk away with a JL audio sound system for around 130$ a sub woofer and about 300$ for an amp...more than likely an "oem" kicker sub from dodge will cost you a fraction of what u paid for the car. but i could be wrong.

JL audio in my opinion is a much better quality and you get what you pay for,and another plus is you can have a bass knob for about 30$ and install it somewhere near the captains chair so u never have to go into your settings to adjust your bass for those songs that just didnt sound right from the settings you had for the last song u just listened to.

hope this helps.

-marty
Old 12-05-2008, 10:08 PM

i looked in my dads trunk, if u wanted,u could prob use the oem box,and put a wooden face plate to cover the side,so when u built a box on the other side,it will match.

the oem box has the amp built it in and its a "kicker custom" ,which more than likely means that its a special low grade kicker sub made for dodge.

if u stick with the oem and add a new one u will still have to get a new amp...your choice.

also...a thank you reply or question reply would be nice.
Old 12-06-2008, 09:45 PM

Kicker Dual 10" Sub

You would probably be better off with something like this. I would not let a stereo shop touch any vehicle of mine, most of the installers are not qualified to wash a car, much less wire a stereo.

As an example, I was filling up with gas one afternoon and this idiot pulls up next to me and tells me he likes the car but it is a shame Dodge wasted my money with a crappy Kicker sound system. He said he owns a custum audio business and he could hook me up with a lot better system. I walked over to the POS Nissan he was driving, glanced inside, and told him to keep his shaft radio. I told him I have ZERO complaints about the car and the only people who do have complaints drive crap like this. I was ready to fight the ignorant fool. This guy and the idiots who walk up to the car and ask if that is a ding or scratch and it ends up being just dust or bug splatter really, really piss me off. Sorry, really off topic here.

No thank you needed for me.
Old 12-07-2008, 10:07 AM

We already have the best sound system......the exhaust system................
Old 12-07-2008, 01:10 PM

Post of the year. Thanks.

ORIGINAL: BLK 6050

We already have the best sound system......the exhaust system................
Old 12-08-2008, 12:26 AM

i hate to say it but thats got to be the most useless,un related post ive ever seen on dodgechallenger.com

he asked for info,and i gave it to him,its his decision if he dosent like the performance of the stock system,which only sounds good with select songs ive heard.

when u can get the challengers stock system to play every song without sounding like shit,then give me a call,cause right now,i have only heard one song in my dads car that sounded decent enough to make me nod my head.

im not a stero shop owner,and i dont do installs for a living,hell,i dont even have a system in my own car...but the op asked,and i replied. he never asked anything about thoughts on the subject of hating stero shop owners,or your so called "ricers" as most of u people think every japanese car owners are...which is NOT the case. there is ricers,and there are tuners. the difference between a ricer and a tuner,is maturity and TASTE...and in my opinion,i have seen a couple challenger owners who didnt fall far off the apple tree of rice.

just a couple words for thought.

cliff notes:
the stock dodge challenger sound system is only as good as u think it is,

and has nothing to do with idiot nissan owners who think they know everything.

but dont be a douche,and stereo type people.

the challenger head unit is great,but the subwoofer is crap for how much extra you pay when u can buy something aftermarket,and just the same size and out of the way for less money and sounds much much better.
Old 12-08-2008, 10:57 AM

Did you click the freaking link I posted you a$$clown?

Click it.
Old 12-08-2008, 11:04 AM

i didnt realize there was a link,i thought it was a reference title,douche.

and although thats a low profile box, hell have less trunk space.

side mount subs like the stock one save much more room.

plus they are kind of tacky,compared to the side mount..

and $800? no way in hell.

u can buy 1 JL audio 12W6V2 with 1 amp and put it in a side mount enclosure and get MUCH more bass and sound quality to those low grade "mopar" kickers.

for less money,and youll be saving space.

and dont get me wrong about the kicker thing,i always liked kicker,but only their comp series subs,not the cheap stuff they make for factory stereos.

but the best bang for the buck,hands down,is JL..amazing sound quality and bass,just in 1 sub alone.

and this is all something anyone with a little brains could do,and not even have to take it to a stereo shop.
Old 12-08-2008, 11:07 AM

ROFLMO - man you put tears in my eyes.

Thanks - I needed that. It's been a S*** Monday.

ORIGINAL: choodock

Did you click the freaking link I posted you a$$clown?

Click it.

Quick Reply: Dual 10"