Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

European Challengers

Old 06-01-2008, 01:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default European Challengers

By my half hearted attempt I count about 4 or 5 folks living in Europe with a Chally on order. 2-Italy, 2 Germany and 1 in the UK I think.

So I guess it begs the question: where did you order yours and when do you expect delivery?

I ordered mine from the Army Air Force Exchange New Car sales and hope to have it by mid-September. I am currently in D status (the last time I checked) and just knowing there is 3 to 4 weeks of additional shipping time kinda takes the edge off of waiting for it, unlike our USA/Canadian counterparts. (if I were stateside I know I would be driving by the dealership everyday to "check up" on things! I really am hoping to have it by Oct 3rd…my b-day. Here’s to hoping that every “shipper and handler” doesn’t take for a short joy ride!

Also any plans when you get it? I hope to be tearing up the A4 between Venice and Verona but a trip up to Nurnberg, Germany is on the short list.

Any thoughts on upgrades or changes? I am looking at the cold air intake right away as I have put one on almost every car I have owned and really like the improved performance and gas mileage. Plus with Euro gas prices the way they are, got look to save where ever possible…not that it is gonna stop me from driving! Oh I am glad the wife’s “dual fuel” Volvo run on GPL (currently about .65 Euro cents per liter in my area). Plus the insurance is gonna be a killer, about $2000 a year! Finally I spoke to the local Dodge dealer in town and the manager told me that they will do warranty work and services! So that’s a plus.

So Euro Chally owners drop a post and maybe we can plan to have a Chally Street Meet!

Vicenza, Italy hanging in D Status [&o]
Old 06-01-2008, 09:15 AM

Default RE: European Challengers

Myself and MossOnaRoc are both in Germany. We are ordering the '09 SRT8's for the Manual Tranny. Mine will be Torred, his will be Black (if he doesn't change his mind again). I'm guessing that since you are in D status, you are getting an '08. Anyway to answer your questions:

1. Ordering through AAFES. From what the dealer says, I should expect delivery no sooner than late December. (Merry X-mas!)

2. My first trip will be from here (Wiesbaden) to Ramstein. There is a really long, straight stretch of no limit Autobahn along the way on A6.
- Eventually I want to head out to Nuremburg as well.

3. As for Upgrades, I'm thinking about a cold intake as well, I'll go from there on an as needed basis.
- Cosmetically, I will be getting the "Challenger" Aluminum door sills from MOPAR, along with a vehicle cover to keep the bird poop at bay. [sm=smiley11.gif]
- I'm looking into getting the MyGig Lockpick in order to play video from different sources as well as allowing my co-pilot to adjust the Navigation System on the fly.
- I may also add a Backup Cam to assist with the tight parking here. Rumor has it the Chally's have a wicked blind-spot.

Moss and I are planning to get in touch once we get our Challys. We were thinking of meeting up for a cruise on a long weekend. You'd be welcome to join us.
Old 06-01-2008, 09:39 AM

ORIGINAL: SKiDs33t

2. My first trip will be from here (Wiesbaden) to Ramstein. There is a really long, straight stretch of no limit Autobahn along the way on A6.
- Eventually I want to head out to Nuremburg as well.
Ya'll got that track over by Mannheim/Heidleburg...Hockenheim I think its called.

I will be getting the "Challenger" Aluminum door sills from MOPAR
I've been looking at those too, I got to check on the Lockpick thing.
Old 06-01-2008, 09:41 AM

ORIGINAL: SF18C

Ya'll got that track over by Mannheim/Heidleburg...Hockenheim I think its called.
Thanks for the Heads up! I'm fairly new here and am still learning the area.
Old 06-01-2008, 12:54 PM

Hi to all Chally European future owners.

I live in Milan - Italy and the Chally (black + sunroof) was on the 29th in the following situation:
<<
Vehicle Information
Vehicle Identification Number (VIN): 2B3LJ74W58H290486
Order Number (VON): 21129476
Sold Order: Yes
Vehicle Status
Current Location: N/A
Bay Information:
Build Code: Inspection Pending, 05/28/2008
Dealer Delivery ETA:

*ETA is an estimated date for delivery, not a promise or guarantee. Actual delivery may vary.
Vehicle Distribution Information
Origin Assembly Plant: Brampton Assembly, ON
Origin Shipping Location: Windsor Assembly, ON
Distribution Center: Newark Assembly, DE
Vehicle Description
Year: 2008
Make: Dodge
Model: CHALLENGER SRT8
Color: Brilliant Black Crystal Pearl Coat
Dealer Information
Dealer Code: 43877
Address: E-town Dodge
2005 South Market Street
Elizabethtown, PA 170222850
Vehicle Movement Information Route Movements Event Date Location
Completed
.. Scheduled for Build (D1) 04/02/2008 06:36 AM CDT Windsor Assembly, ON
Current
.. Built - Pending Inspection (I) 05/28/2008 12:10 PM CDT Brampton Assembly, ON
Future
.. Loaded On Railcar 05/29/2008 07:00 PM CDT Melvindale, MI
.. Railcar Placed at Destination Facility 06/01/2008 12:00 PM CDT Newark Assembly, DE
.. Unloaded From Railcar 06/02/2008 12:00 AM CDT Newark Assembly, DE
.. Vehicle Delivered to Dealer 06/04/2008 05:00 PM CDT E-town Dodge
Elizabethtown, PA
>>

The order had be done by an italian dealer (Lissone - Monza), who ordered through an americam one.
I hope the car will arrive in Italy at the end of June (even if I don't deceive myself), in order to drive it for my holidays in August (when in Italy, before to use it, some changements have to be done to respect the european laws, then the test+inscripion to the Cars Pubblic Registry).

I don't absolutely know which trip will be my first one, because it will depend on my job and the time I will have for free.
I ordered this car to use it as an official car for business. The Chally is completely different from any other car (here You may see only european important cars like Porsche, BMW, Mercedes Audi, etc.), exclusive and powerful: for these reasons it will call the attention of some customers of mine, because in my job many customers want to see people like me upon a special cars.

As for upgrades, I will put a satellite locator (connected to thef deterrent): it's a way in Italy also to reduce the insurance premium.
I will put even the "park distance sensor": I'm already accustomed in using them upon other cars and they are very helpful during parking: they should be obligatory upon every car for the respect of the other cars' owners.
It was interesting for me to read about the "cold air intake" and the connected "gas mileage". SF18C, please, may You give some more informations regarding it (or the link where I may find them)? Does it affect the external look of the car (I don't want to modify externally the Chally, 'cause it's just perfect)?

Nothing contrary to the "Chally Street Meet": it would be a very nice idea! Let's keep in contact!

Joe from Milan - Italy
Old 06-01-2008, 01:14 PM

Joe, the intake is all under the hood!

http://www.leeparts.com/dodge_challe...ir_intake.html

http://www.dragtimes.com/parts-viewe...D=350055912039

http://www.lmperformance.com/24145/106.html

Good luck with the Cars Public Registry! Hopefully you will have a wonderful (and fast) ferragosto!

By the way I will be in Milano 13-14 June...I got to take my daughter to the Avril Levine concert at the Datch Forum di Assago. Can you recommend any good hotels?
Old 06-01-2008, 01:58 PM

Dear SF18C,

thanks very much for the links: it's very interesting.

Regarding the Public Registry, my italian dealer should not have too much problems, 'cause he never had for Mustangs and expecially for older cars. Anyway the cars papers will pass through Germany, in order to semplify all. What will your dealer do?

At last for Assago hotels, I don't know that area too much, because I live at the opposite side of Milan (Fiera Campionaria) but tomorrow I will ask to a frend of mine: I will send You informations. In the mean time, I'm looking for tickets for Avril Lavigne (even I think it's too late): my daughter should became mad, if I would bring her to that concert. Lavigne is the best listen for her.

Just a curiosity of mine, as you write too much fluently: are you italian?

Thanks again.

Joe
Old 06-02-2008, 11:40 AM

Starting to look like a party!

Uranus (Pete) - Berlin, Germany Black ‘08
Giuspe (Joe) - Milano, Italy Black ’08, Italy
SF18C (Steve) - Vicenza, Italy Orange ‘08
SKiDs33t – Wiesbaden Germany Torred ‘09
MossOnaRoc – Heidelberg, Germany Black ‘09
Wazza - Scottish Highlands Unknown ‘09

I think Nuernberg would be the place to meet! It would be great see a bunch of Challys hitting the Nordschleife!!!!

Any more?!?!?
Old 06-03-2008, 05:14 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

SF18C are you stationed at San Vito AF base. I lived there for three years in the 70s. Nice place and very friendly people. I loved the cars I saw on base. Alfas and Lotus. They had an SCCA track day on base qiute a few times and they put pylons down and ran time tests. Corvettes and an assortment of Detroit iron ran around Italy in those days. We lived in Brindisi near the airport. Take care and I hope you get your ride real soon
Old 06-03-2008, 07:59 AM

lear4406 no I am up north, near Venice. I was at San Vito and Brindisi Italy several years ago, doing time on a CSAR team for Kosovo.

Giuspe No, I am as Amercian as they come, but I do love living in Italy. The Wine, the food, the wine, the people, the wine, and the beaches, oh did I mention the wine! My Italiano is not so good but I try! Maybe we can meet up at the A.L. concert, my daughter is 11 as well! I got a hotel right next to the DatchForum!

Quick Reply: European Challengers