Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

Exhaust/7.0 Hemi

Old 09-11-2007, 01:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust/7.0 Hemi

Now this post went south and I couldn't come back in and see if this holds a candle to the wind or anything, which I'm sure it doesn't, but still something interesting none the less. We all heard about the Magnaflow thing back in the beginning of the 7.0 Hemi post, you know that this engine is coming out for sure, blah blah blah. Now I don't know if that's true or not, most likely not, but I am curious what rights a company may have to lable their models with performance parts that may, or may not, be fact. If a company has the license to bring out an 06 Challenger RC model, do they have a right to slap on other performance part stickers? I'm asking because I ran into a 06 Challenger RC in Wal-Mart the other day and they had a Magnaflow sticker slapped on the side of it, and Brembo.

Now the Brembo are brakes that are on the Charger SRT-8, or at least the concept as I didn't do any further research into it, and I'm not sure where the Magnaflow comes in.

Anyway, the whole point of this is to again ask are they allowed to slap performance parts stickers on a licensed use of a vehicle or do they have to get some kind of permission for that? The maker of it is Hobby Grade and here are pictures of it.

http://www.lxforums.com/board/showthread.php?t=51424
Old 09-11-2007, 04:48 PM
Administrator

Default RE: Exhaust/7.0 Hemi

i have that car in yellow and orange, but mine has stripes on the side, not those decals...

i also have one from that same company that came with two bodies..one challenger concept, and one 1970 challenger.

i would imagine that those companies have some "deal" to use the name on their toys...so they slap it on everything...there are typically licensing comments on the back of the package...at least that is the case with the 900 or so collectables we have
Old 09-12-2007, 05:49 AM

That would be what I thought, but I figured that I would ask to be sure since the brakes can be linked to a Dodge vehicle and the Magnaflow was brought up before.
Old 09-12-2007, 06:40 AM
Administrator

in comparison to the bigger companies like borla or flowmaster, i believe that magnaflow is much smaller, so theyre happy to get any exposure...that is also my guess why they are listing items for the challenger, as it has already gotten people to throw arund their name and go to sites to view their products...sounds like a pretty smart marketing idea to me.
Old 09-12-2007, 06:46 AM

I went to their web-site and they want you to buy an audio clip of what their mufflers sound like on certian cars. Buy it!! Have they lost their damn minds?? I won't be back.
Old 09-12-2007, 07:35 AM

I have the magnaflow exhaust system on my 70 challenger, and I love how it sounds. It a stainless steel 2.5 in X pipe system. It's not as loud as the borla mufflers, but it is very comparable to the flowmasters, except everything is stainless steel.

Just for the heck of it, here is a pic.

Old 09-12-2007, 11:25 AM
Administrator

ORIGINAL: Paladin06

I went to their web-site and they want you to buy an audio clip of what their mufflers sound like on certian cars. Buy it!! Have they lost their damn minds?? I won't be back.

thats one of the reasons that i dont buy their stuff...
Old 09-12-2007, 11:47 AM

Hype/speculation is definitely a very good marketing idea. Probably the best that there is out there. I mean look at as, that's why we are all blabbering idiots on some things with this Challenger.

Personally, I would like to get Dynomax or the SLP Loudmouths, on my current car. I'm not going so much for performance so the Loudmouths would probably be good on the noise level, but I just wish I had something to compare it to, you know hear it in person rather then on something like my PC that has a subwoofer. When you flatline the sub then you can't hear any rumble at all.

Anyway, hype/speculation is all good until it dies down and you end up back at square one where loyality and good customer service is going to turn out to be the best tool.
Old 09-12-2007, 01:34 PM
Administrator

what do you drive axel? a mustang? if so, i believe that the SLPs are pretty popular, but im a flowmaster fan...thats what i have on the mirada and demon...
Old 09-12-2007, 01:49 PM

Yes. 07 GT because Chrysler couldn't put out a real sports car with a stick and Chevy is way to expensive. That's another story. I'm not a Ford fan, but I am a Mustang fan if that's possible.

Anyway, I like the Dynomax because they are cat back, and the SLP for the sound. Dynomax sound nice, but the SLP sound much nicer. The Flowmaster didn't quite have the same rumble as the SLPs. Though I'm not sure why I'm even looking into this because when I get the chance then I'm hopping all over the Challenger.

Quick Reply: Exhaust/7.0 Hemi