Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

FANTASTIC NEWS!

Old 04-26-2006, 08:26 AM
Administrator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: FANTASTIC NEWS!

i thought that the firepower 'might be' the other LY platform model?
Old 04-26-2006, 08:50 AM

Hi guys. First time posting, long time lurker...

this question is directed towards deranged:

Just wanted to check with what you thought of the the recent article with Eberhardt released the other day about him sayin the challenger would be a niche model aka: low production numbers. i'm not trying to discredit your idea in any way, but do you still think option 2c is still a possiblity? cause i sure as hell hope so, that would be the ideal plan for dcx, and it would keep pricing down a bit compared to a V8 only limited niche model. i just want to hear some people opinion on that article cause if thats true, i probly wont be able to afford one.
Old 04-26-2006, 09:32 AM
Administrator

i agree with you 100%, but i really dont know why they would bother to make another ultra high priced elitist vehicle, considering how poorly the viper sells.
Old 04-26-2006, 10:19 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: BadStratRT

i thought that the firepower 'might be' the other LY platform model?
It is supposed to be on the same platform as the Viper from what I have read.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 04-26-2006, 11:52 AM
Administrator

hmm...alot of things that i have read have mentioned a second LY vehicle...

so the firepower is going to be a ZC model?
Old 04-26-2006, 12:02 PM
Super Moderator

hmm...alot of things that i have read have mentioned a second LY vehicle...

so the firepower is going to be a ZC model?
I believe so here is a link. http://www.allpar.com/cars/concepts/firepower.html

Maybe they are planning on making a Chrysler version of the Challenger as they have with the Aspen being a Chrysler version of the Durango. The Firepower looks too much like a Viper too me to be mistaken as a LY platform.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first to 2000 posts

Old 04-26-2006, 12:46 PM

seek and ye shall recieve sayeth DCX
ORIGINAL: wallstreetman

They should at least offer the 6.4 at special order, for those people who are willing to pay for it!
Old 04-26-2006, 02:17 PM
Administrator

hmm...allpar isnt exactly a proven source, unless its stuff that everyone knows...but ive seen an article like that before, and theyre only speculating...i wish that DCX would just tell us.

i would be curious to see what the chrysler version woulb be called if they do this...i would think that they wouldnt name the challenger something else, especially a name that wasnt nostalgic, after the fuss of "Retro design"...some have said the chrysler cuda...and i dont think that it has the same ring..they need to bring back plymouth...

Old 04-26-2006, 04:35 PM
Super Moderator

hmm...allpar isnt exactly a proven source, unless its stuff that everyone knows...but ive seen an article like that before, and theyre only speculating...i wish that DCX would just tell us.

i would be curious to see what the chrysler version woulb be called if they do this...i would think that they wouldnt name the challenger something else, especially a name that wasnt nostalgic, after the fuss of "Retro design"...some have said the chrysler cuda...and i dont think that it has the same ring..they need to bring back plymouth...

True, but you have to admit it looks a lot like a Viper and nothing like the Challenger. I agree they should resurrect Plymouth, but what can we do? You never know they used an old Dodge badge for Chrysler (the Aspen) you never know when they might do it again.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first to 2000 posts

Old 04-26-2006, 06:50 PM
Super Moderator

Because of the latest article with no new information shown below.....I wonder if it will be a while before we hear any thing.
Of course, there may some sort of annoucement after the Atlanta show later this month.

Dodge Challenger to be a low production V8

By: Michael Kwan on Wed. Apr. 26th, 2006, 10:34AM EST
URL: http://www.mobilemag.com/content/100/354/C7579/

Now that the Dodge Challenger Concept has completed its rounds on the auto show circuit, the people over at Daimler Chrysler are hard at work trying to figure out how to go about pumping out a production version of the hot retro automobile. Most recent reports have the carmaker not taking the mass market route that the Ford Mustang has taken, but will rather restrict the Challenger to a limited number, creating its own little niche market. Pricing is expected to be higher than the Stang.

While the Mustang has a V8 as an option, with only 30% of the Ford sports car being sold with the beefier engine, it seems that the Challenger will only come in a V8, and thus is targeted squarely at the people bent on having powerful muscle cars. That said, they still need to figure out where to manufacture the Challenger – which is based on the same platform as the Chrysler 300C, Dodge Magnum, and Dodge Charger – as that facility is already at its capacity.

It does not make economical sense to open up a new plant altogether for the Challenger, so they will have to wedge it into an existing plant. They want to build it "tomorrow", according to Joe Eberhardt, VP of marketing for Chrysler, but until they overcome these hurdles, we won't be seeing a Challenger on the road any time soon.

For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.

Quick Reply: FANTASTIC NEWS!