Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

Forget about your ORDERED Challenger

Old 01-29-2008, 12:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Forget about your ORDERED Challenger

You will NEVER see a rebate on an '08 Challenger, period. Most of the Challengers will list for $41,985 with an invoice price of $39,562 and a holdback of $1,239. If they ever sold one at an employee price, it would go for $38,237. These numbers are directly off the order sheet the dealer provided with my order. If this were a normal car and the dealer really wanted to get rid of it, you might be able to get the car at invoice less a percentage of the holdback. But this is not a normal car and these discount scenarios will not be available to the typical buyer.
Old 01-29-2008, 12:52 PM

ORIGINAL: JeepDodgeRam

You will NEVER see a rebate on an '08 Challenger, period. Most of the Challengers will list for $41,985 with an invoice price of $39,562 and a holdback of $1,239. If they ever sold one at an employee price, it would go for $38,237. These numbers are directly off the order sheet the dealer provided with my order. If this were a normal car and the dealer really wanted to get rid of it, you might be able to get the car at invoice less a percentage of the holdback. But this is not a normal car and these discount scenarios will not be available to the typical buyer.
Right, and even at employee pricing, thats still not 10% off MSRP. So the previous poster's advice of demanding 10% off MSRP or going to the next dealership is rediculous. There's no way to get the car that cheap without rebates, which is highly unlikely there will be any within the next few years on the Challengers unless they just tank in sales.
Old 01-29-2008, 12:57 PM
Super Moderator

And to that, even with that, you can't put the right price on the wrong car. Right Anthony?

Old 01-29-2008, 01:05 PM

No zero percent financing either I assume... maybe? Please? Hehe...

ORIGINAL: AnthonyAtAkins

ORIGINAL: JeepDodgeRam

Right, and even at employee pricing, thats still not 10% off MSRP. So the previous poster's advice of demanding 10% off MSRP or going to the next dealership is rediculous. There's no way to get the car that cheap without rebates, which is highly unlikely there will be any within the next few years on the Challengers unless they just tank in sales.
Old 01-29-2008, 02:36 PM

If you've got good credit, I'd probably say to try financing with your banks or credit unions before dealerships, unless they're a big dealership that has a lot of banks who give them excellent credit rates. Still it's a good idea to see what your bank can give you so you have a rate to compare with dealership rates.

ORIGINAL: DamnSkippy

And to that, even with that, you can't put the right price on the wrong car. Right Anthony?
Yea... I can do $8-10k off certain trucks, I mean, shoot, our 2007 Ram 2500 and 3500's we have left are $13,000 off MSRP....

It just blows my mind when people want those same kind of rediculous deals on a hot selling vehicle or a premium sports car.

Then they act like I'm a bad guy and raking them over the coals.

They just don't understand that the same kind of money isn't there on those cars.

Oh well, that just means that they won't be driving away with that shiny new sports car while those that actually understand that and just want a "fair" deal and good, friendly service will be.
Old 01-29-2008, 04:23 PM

i work for chrysler. we are told by our dm that only 4500 are due to be produced this first year.
Old 01-29-2008, 04:40 PM

That info is no longer valid. The new official number is 6400 Challengers...

ORIGINAL: moparmaniac_72

i work for chrysler. we are told by our dm that only 4500 are due to be produced this first year.
Old 01-29-2008, 05:01 PM

Anthony, I think this is a good solid answer that sets the record straight. We gotta expect Chrysler, and for that matter, the dealers to make some money and thin margins are made. Sure, trucks have been cash cows for some time, but we have seen that coming to a screeching halt in sales, but on hot new lines as we suspect the Challenger to be, MSRP is more likely to be as low as we'll be able to go.
Old 01-29-2008, 05:52 PM

I've been talking to my dealer since July 2006 about the Challenger. I called at 9:00 AM on December 3rd and they didn't even know about the pre sale announcement. I was at the dealer by 10:00 AM that morning and they claimed that they wer not getting a single Challanger. I went back a few days later and was giving them a very friendly hard time. I then received a call at 9:05 Am on the 10th and my #1 main man Ed Williams (sales guy) called me and said they just got out of their 9:00 AM meeting and the dealer is getting one 2008 and the first person with $5K gets the car. I left the office and I was there within 20 minuted with a $5K bank check. My name was added to the order and they printed out the order form wile I was in the dealership. As of last week I was at C status. After many high fives and a belly bounce or two I was back in the office.
A coworker is friends with another Atlanta based dealer who claims that they have 10 Challengers and they have only sold 7 of them. I fowarded him a link to this site and suggested that his friend is full of @$#%%.

Last week my wife was in the dealer gettring her Caravan serviced and the sales guys were talking about the 3 Challangers they have ordered. My main man Ed Williams and my wife quickly pointed out that we held the lucky golden ticket for the only 2008. They then admitted that the other 2 were 2009.

Life is good
Old 01-29-2008, 06:39 PM
mac

Quote:

You will NEVER see a rebate on an '08 Challenger, period. Most of the Challengers will list for $41,985 with an invoice price of $39,562 and a holdback of $1,239. If they ever sold one at an employee price, it would go for $38,237. These numbers are directly off the order sheet the dealer provided with my order. If this were a normal car and the dealer really wanted to get rid of it, you might be able to get the car at invoice less a percentage of the holdback. But this is not a normal car and these discount scenarios will not be available to the typical buye

Never say never. Economy goes into the tank, inflation hits high and fuel prices go way high and chrysler is trying to sell a tiger tank thirsty engine to folks who don't want a car that gets low gas milage. Sound far fetched, this occurred in the 70's and my dad bought a New york Chrysler with a 440 engine for only 750 dollars. The car was only a year old when he bought it. We could have future fuel shortages as occurred in the 70's.

If you fail to study history you are doomed to repeat it.

Quick Reply: Forget about your ORDERED Challenger