Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

Frustrated! Allpar is Reporting Convertible in Base and R/T Model Only!!

Old 01-15-2008, 02:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Frustrated! Allpar is Reporting Convertible in Base and R/T Model Only!!

I have had a deposit down for some time on a Challenger on the assumption that they would eventually make a convertible. I know not everyone loves a ragtop but I am strictly a ragtop kinda guy. If they make one in the base model and R/T model but NOT the SRT8 model, as Allpar is now reporting (check their site), I will be seriously pissed! That makes absolutely no sense to me. I am a Canadian so can not send my input into Dodge USA (as they always want a US address) - only Canada - so if anyone else out there wants a SRT8 Convertible please voice your displeasure to Dodge USA for me (assuming Allpar is right, and I hate to say it, but lately they have been). Thanks.
Old 01-15-2008, 02:41 PM
Super Moderator

Default RE: Frustrated! Allpar is Reporting Convertible in Base and R/T Model Only!!

I have had a deposit down for some time on a Challenger on the assumption that they would eventually make a convertible.
That is a little like gambling considering there has been no formal annoucement. In other words the fat lady has not even stepped on stage yet.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 01-15-2008, 02:56 PM

Default RE: Frustrated! Allpar is Reporting Convertible in Base and R/T Model Only!!

Yes, but if you think the fat lady is going to step on stage why not voice your displeasure now before it happens. If enough people complain it might make a difference just in case. The problem is that not many people probably want a convertible to change their minds - hence the reason for probably not making the SRT8 convertible in the first place. I am *&^%$ depressed.
Old 01-15-2008, 03:01 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: Challengerman

Yes, but if you think the fat lady is going to step on stage why not voice your displeasure now before it happens. If enough people complain it might make a difference just in case. The problem is that not many people probably want a convertible to change their minds - hence the reason for probably not making the SRT8 convertible in the first place. I am *&^%$ depressed.
And that is the problem. Why do they want to build one when "not many people probably want a convertible" to being with.

They have to make profit in a short amount of time. Think of it in terms of their needs and not our wants( which there is not enough of anyway).
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 01-15-2008, 03:34 PM

I am with you!

I have had a deposit down for some time on a Challenger on the assumption that they would eventually make a convertible. I know not everyone loves a ragtop but I am strictly a ragtop kinda guy. If they make one in the base model and R/T model but NOT the SRT8 model, as Allpar is now reporting (check their site), I will be seriously pissed! That makes absolutely no sense to me. I am a Canadian so can not send my input into Dodge USA (as they always want a US address) - only Canada - so if anyone else out there wants a SRT8 Convertible please voice your displeasure to Dodge USA for me (assuming Allpar is right, and I hate to say it, but lately they have been). Thanks.
Old 01-15-2008, 03:37 PM

SHelby GT500 comes w/ a ragtop so why not. They bring more at Barrett also.
Old 01-15-2008, 04:04 PM

I have had a deposit down for some time on a Challenger on the assumption that they would eventually make a convertible. I know not everyone loves a ragtop but I am strictly a ragtop kinda guy. If they make one in the base model and R/T model but NOT the SRT8 model, as Allpar is now reporting (check their site), I will be seriously pissed!
The information on the convertible is still very preliminary (and of course unofficial), early on there were some internal memo's that mentioned a base and R/T model. The fact that the SRT model was not listed in the memo does not mean that there will not be one, only that the "evidence" uncovered so far listed the two models. DON'T RULE OUT AN SRT CHALLENGER CONVERTIBLE. New information is surfacing all the time, stay tuned to your favorite webiste(s). Like Jeremiah stated, "the fat lady has not stepped on stage yet"...
Old 01-15-2008, 04:09 PM

Considering it is just rumors and speculation, don't you think it's a little rediculous to ask people to voice your displeasure to dodge for doing something they haven't done?
Old 01-15-2008, 04:45 PM

Nope, becase if it can be brought to their attention in advance and helps my cause and an SRT8 Convertible is built that is all that counts for me. Hey, all I did is ask and you have a choice to do it or not. If you think it is rediculous that is your opinion. GT500 is nice but just not my taste. Challenger in my opinion looks way better and I like IRS better.
Old 01-15-2008, 04:55 PM

Challenger in my opinion looks way better and I like IRS better.
How did this turn into a conversation about liking the IRS?? [&:]

Quick Reply: Frustrated! Allpar is Reporting Convertible in Base and R/T Model Only!!