Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

Gas prices

Old 08-30-2008, 10:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gas prices

After gradually creeping down from $3.99 to $3.39 on Wednesday, regular-grade gas in my neighborhood in San Antonio suddenly shot up 16 cents to $3.55 in the past two days, supposedly because of the threat Hurricane Gustav poses. How are prices elsewhere?
Old 08-30-2008, 10:40 AM

Default RE: Gas prices

Same here in California....

Strange that just the mention on something that "may" hit in 3 days brings gas up. What happens if Gustav dies out prior to the US... do we see a huge rebate... dont think so :-(
Old 08-30-2008, 12:27 PM

Here in Washington we have like highest gas tax in nation.
Now the Democrats are proposing we get charged for every mile we drive.
Talk about Communism.....they want to force people onto buses I guess.
Old 08-30-2008, 12:28 PM

I've said it countless times and will say it again. I would LOVE to be in an industry where if there is ever a problem that might threaten your profits, you can simply raise your prices arbitrarily and everyone will still pay it. It would be awesome if in the industry I worked in if there were ever tough times or problems or, heck, we just wanted more money we could just bump our prices and everyone would still continue to pay so we could maintain the same profits no matter what was happening.
Old 08-30-2008, 12:54 PM

Gas prices also conveniently go up just in time for holiday weekends, too.
Old 08-30-2008, 01:34 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: Mopar_Nut

Much of this is due to the Gulf Coast oil rigs being shut down due to the Hurricane which is about to hit in a day or so. While everybody is getting ready.
it could hit Florida or as far west as Texas.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 08-30-2008, 01:46 PM

ORIGINAL: Jeremiah 29:11

ORIGINAL: Mopar_Nut

Much of this is due to the Gulf Coast oil rigs being shut down due to the Hurricane which is about to hit in a day or so. While everybody is getting ready.
it could hit Florida or as far west as Texas.
While I don't doubt that is true, gas always goes up for Memorial Day weekend, 4th of July, and Labor Day weekend regardless if there is a hurricane threat or not.
Old 08-30-2008, 02:03 PM

It gets stranger in my neighborhood. When I came to work this afternoon, the gas stations had dropped their prices to between $3.45 and $3.47. Of course, for the Labor Day weekend, there was hardly any traffic on I-35, which I often use to come to work. Maybe people are simply staying home again and the gas stations are feeling it already.
Old 08-30-2008, 02:16 PM

The whole gas problem stems from our republican president paying back the big oil companies for gettin his ass out of bankruptcy when he was in the oil buisness in Texas. Now him and Darth Vader have given the oil companies big subsidiesfor not drilling our own oil and tax breaks for windfall profits. What we need is to put some controls or windfall profits tax on these Oil companies and you will see the price at the pump fall real quick. I mean really 31 Billion dollars in profits in 6 months, how much greed do they need ? arghhhhhhhhhhhhhh JMO Fat Cat[sm=gears.gif]
Old 08-30-2008, 02:24 PM

Im with you on this one F.C.

Quick Reply: Gas prices