Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

Gas prices

Old 08-30-2008, 02:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Gas prices

I hate arguing politics - never gets you anywhere - BUT its a known fact (if youve taken any economics courses) that it takes 6 to 8 years for ANY administrations policies to effect the economy. Inasmuch, you can thank Bill Clinton for the continuing economic recession were in now.
Bush is a convenient scapegoat, but that isnt the way it REALLY works. Ask a professional economist if you doubt what I say.
Old 08-30-2008, 02:42 PM

ORIGINAL: fatcat

The whole gas problem stems from our republican president paying back the big oil companies for gettin his ass out of bankruptcy when he was in the oil buisness in Texas. Now him and Darth Vader have given the oil companies big subsidiesfor not drilling our own oil and tax breaks for windfall profits. What we need is to put some controls or windfall profits tax on these Oil companies and you will see the price at the pump fall real quick. I mean really 31 Billion dollars in profits in 6 months, how much greed do they need ? arghhhhhhhhhhhhhh JMO Fat Cat[sm=gears.gif]
Totally wrong. Clinton admin made it so oil companies didnt have to pay royalties for oil pulled out of our waters.
Do your home work read a little bit. Check out what all happened during the 8 years of Clinton.
Congress is Democrats and when you figure out all they are for is re-election and special rights for special people you will feel
real stupid.You listen to too much main stream media.
Old 08-30-2008, 02:48 PM

I guess I'll jump on the political bandwagon and bash Clinton. He signed NAFTA into to law which sent hundreds of thousands of jobs overseas-the most ever in history! But the democrats blame the Republicans for jobs going overseas. Go figure.
Old 08-30-2008, 03:22 PM

A quick review of the facts:

-the vast majority of US oil reserves, offshore, shale, ANWR, have been off limits for 30+ years. We have shale and offshore reserves that dwarf the reserves in the Mideast.

-the return on investment for US oil companies is less than Macy's, McDonalds, on and on, ad nauseum

-the amount of taxes and fees paid to various levels of gov't by oil companies on refining etc are triple, THATS TRIPLE, the net profit of the US oil companies. So, our various levels governments are the REAL culprit in the current high cost of gasoline.

-since the cost of Starbucks coffee is approx $50/gallon, a logical thinker would conclude that, dah, a windfall profit tax on coffee makes far more sense than one on the oil companies

-last time I checked the US Constitution, Congress passes the laws, not the President or Vice President

-so sad that an automotive enthusiast site devolves into politics.

Democrap/liberal talking points and utter B..lls..t, based on stark raving nothing, are rendered utter garbage by facts, history, and reality....

Thump your US Senator, House Member, state Senator, state House member to reduce gas taxes, and, drill now, drill here, if you are concerned.

Otherwise, with all due respect, get real.....
Old 08-30-2008, 03:56 PM

Shouldn't this thread be in the off topic section?
Old 08-30-2008, 05:48 PM

Off topic is right, phewwww boy did I really stir the pot or what ....roflmao....and as a registered INDEPENDENT,thank all those to know that I do ALL my homework and I'll bet you I read more than any 4 people and no one will ever convince me that it takes 8 years for economics to take affect especially Economists. Any economist or accountant worth his salt will tell you that liers figure and any figure can be a lie. As for Republielephantdung of a trickle down economy policy which is confirmed by the census bureau only makes those rich people richer, the poor people poorer, and the middle class pays the bill which is what we all do every day unless your one of those lucky people that can put your hands on 5 million $ or more that puts you to the bottom of the upper class.
As for history my 67 years of experience and wisdom has taught me to look at both sides of any argument, gather the facts as shown in black and white history books and proven media and not to listen to blogs, boat spinners, and bias bigots that only spout negative garbage to discredit anybody that even hints at disagreement to their own ideas. I ask how come for 8 years during the Clinton term my savings and 401K went up in value every year then after 3 or 4 year of the 8 years of Bush term my savings and 401K has lost over 30% of its original value? I watch these investments month by month and it fell because of Bush , Chaney, McCain, Codeleesa Rice 's failed domestic polocies and their war which was started based on a proven lie to the american people. The BILLIONS wasted on this war another reason my savings fell.
So you can believe what you believe and I can believe what I believe and all we end up doing is agreeing to disagree which only proves this belongs in OFF TOPICS LOL,Fat Cat[sm=gears.gif] as I burn rubber out of here Byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Old 08-30-2008, 05:51 PM

I was looking for challenger news and somehow ended up on the Fox News website...
Old 08-30-2008, 06:02 PM

ORIGINAL: fatcat
.......and as a registered INDEPENDENT,thank all those to know that I do ALL my homework and I'll bet you I read more than any 4 people and no one will ever convince me that it takes 8 years for economics to take affect especially Economists. Any economist or accountant worth his salt will tell you that liers figure and any figure can be a lie. As for Republielephantdung of a trickle down economy policy which is confirmed by the census bureau only makes those rich people richer, the poor people poorer, and the middle class pays the bill which is what we all do every day unless your one of those lucky people that can put your hands on 5 million $ or more that puts you to the bottom of the upper class.
Okay. I'm not going to argue. The Democratic philosophy has ALWAYS been "when faced with facts that prove you wrong, shout louder and sling insults".
Keep your head in the sand - so to speak. I guess if you close your eyes long enough and cant see anything, it must just disappear.
Old 08-30-2008, 07:52 PM

Think I will duck out the back before I get in the middle of the crossfire hurricane... [sm=violent053.gif][sm=shootshoot.gif]

Old 08-30-2008, 08:08 PM

Ok I'll put my two cents in... didn't the Clinton adminstration bring in the biggest surplusses in recent histroy???
Bush was the first president in history to go to war without raising taxes... he borrowed money... half our dollar goes to the Chinese and Japanese..
If you stand behind leaders that have made other people record dollar numbers, while others are paying more than ever that just seems odd to me... now of course there should be some kind of regulation amongst this.. why so high profits why so high gas prices???
What one thing has this government done in the last 8 years that has been benificial to our U.S. citizens??
The Democrats are for better health-care and more government funded programs... disabled, mentally or physically... college students pay more than they ever did for loans in recents history while under Clinton they were ultimatly much lower.. So many Teachers are out of jobs education is suffering... kids are obese... what in the hell, man??
the Democrats and Republicans aren't football teams we root for they are leaders we elect on principals.. Im an Independent also and I think this is uttrly ridiculous.. We need a change, we need to focus on our economy not others, We need to focus on our homeland not others... We need to get back to square one... We DON'T need excuses..

Quick Reply: Gas prices