Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

got my first door ding---LONG----

Old 09-02-2010, 07:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down got my first door ding---LONG----

and its a DOOZY, fortunately or unfortunately i watched as
it happened....

the worst part about it was they tried to DENY it as he attempted to move his car!!!!! i said don't you move that F'ing car. he thought better of it and got out and then the arrogant SOB turned his back and walked away from me, i told him if you walk away the police will be here when you come out. he turned his back and walked away so i called the PD.

she was there in 5 minutes, really pretty young blond officer, that was the only good part of the night.

i told her what happened and she was sorry that it happened as
in her words" that is a beautiful car" i said, it used to be.
as I'm talking to her i notice he has FOP plates and i said he is going to play that card and she says we don't play that here in this twp.
as we are talking he walks out and she asks me to please stay away from him as she could tell i was extremely angry. he proceeds to lie and say I'm a retired blah blah blah out of Philadelphia, i almost laughed at him because she cut him off mid stream and said "sir, that's neither here nor there" he then asked for her badge number, I'm thinking why, because she is doing her job? JERK!!!!

so he continues to deny his wife did it and she says sir unlock your door
blah blah sir unlock your door,blah blah blah SIR,PLEASE UNLOCK YOUR DOOR!!!! and then he knew she meant business. so he unlocked the door and she opened the door up and the edge matched the ding and color of his car which was left on my car perfectly.

he then says well i don't care that's why i have insurance, ARROGANT BASTARD, then he says well we didn't do it again and flat out lies that i wasn't watching as she did it,( i was standing about 50ft away). what? make up your mind,
the kicker is as his old lady goes to get back in the car SHE ALMOST
DID IT A SECOND TIME, if he wasn't behind her to grab the door she would
have hit my car again and the officer seen it.
she tells him to leave NOW.... and tells me to wait.

after he drives away she comes up to me and says, i am putting in the report that his door matched the dent perfectly and that she was sorry again that it happened as it is a beautiful car.

i asked her when would it be ready for pick up next Tuesday/Wednesday?
she says NO I'm going to write it up right now for you so you can get your copy tomorrow(today). which i thought was really cool.

the bummer is being inferno red its 3 stage and according to my neighbor
its a pain in the keaster to match up as he works at a body shop, he
says he thinks the paintless dent removal guy will be able to get out 99%
but it wouldn't be perfect, at this stage i would take 99% because i don't want them to try and blend the paint.

to some people this may not be bad but i lost a lot of sleep last night, i dont take this car anywhere because of stupid people like this and i guess it was my night to meet up with some of them.

"that's my story and its sad but true, about a dentless car that i once knew"
Old 09-03-2010, 01:51 PM

Man that's awful, I know your pain. Hope it comes back as good as it was pre-dent. A small measure of justice, at least you know who did it, even if they were a spineless jerk about it.

I got my passenger door dented about a month after I bought the car, back in April '09, right on the body line a few inches back from the mirror. No idea who it was, only that they were driving a white car (paint transfer left in the dent). The kicker was it was a fellow Army officer attending training with me (only people parked in that lot). Integrity my ass. The only upside was my dad was an excellent body repair man for about 40 years and offered to fix it as a Christmas gift. It's as good as new now but whenever possible I definately park away from other cars. Good luck with your dent man. Hopefully you don't have to live with it as long as I did.
Old 09-07-2010, 08:45 AM

update:

contacted insurance and the policy as written on the report
is coming up as a trailer not a toyota yaris.

so i have written to the PD to ask if the responding
officer can recheck her notes and see if she copied the policy number
correctly if so then this guys will have added fraud of which i will
file a complaint against him.
Old 09-07-2010, 08:56 AM

if the paint is not chipped find a paintless dent removal service near you, most body shops have them come to their shops once a week. i've used that service many many times always with excellent results
Old 09-10-2010, 07:43 AM

Wow sorry to hear he was such a jerk about it. Nice that the officer was helpful though.
Old 09-13-2010, 08:36 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah I feel your pain. I too have an Inferno Red Challenger and had 1 ding put into it. I beat the guy up for doing it. Because I was the guy who put it on the car. I did this in Arkansas somewhere and drove over 700 more miles to the house, sick to my stomach. I took it to a paintless dent remover and you cannot tell it ever had a ding. So let the dent guy have it and you will be pleased with the results.
Old 09-15-2010, 04:11 AM

his insurance adjuster came yesterday, thankfully a really nice guy who was 55years old and
remembered the challengers back in the day and his first words were
" wow!!! your car is done up like an old one!!!" i said thats why im so pissed off at what your clients wife did. he said i dont blame you and was sorry that it happened, i said sir thats what the police officer said, i appreciate it but you guys didnt do it an arrogant bastard did.

he said dont worry im going to take care of you and make sure the car is fixed right. unfortunately in his opinion he doesnt think paintless dent can fix this because #1 its on the beauty line and #2 and the worst part is the door hit it so hard that it bowed out above the beauty line which makes it worse to try and get out via the paintless dent method.
he said they would probably have to blend the paint which would cause a problem with my stripes, i made sure
he knew the the stripes were custom made at $250 per side installed and could show him the receipt if necessary, he said it wasnt because as he could see they were black one way and silver when looked at from another angle and wrote it on the form.

he said i should have the check by friday at the latest unless the guy wants to be an A$$ and argue
which im sure he will but according to the adjuster since its in the police report that his door was consistent and lined up with the damage on the challenger i shouldnt have a problem so im keeping my fingers crossed that i wont have to personally sue him over it.

all in all a really nice claims adjuster who appreciated both old a new muscle