Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

HAS ANYONE BEEN ABLE TO ORDER A 2009 YET?

Old 05-06-2008, 06:17 AM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HAS ANYONE BEEN ABLE TO ORDER A 2009 YET?

73Cuda340, you're spot on. If it were a public company, the ethical onus of the executives running the company would be to maximize profits for the owners (share holders) of the company.

Old 05-06-2008, 06:12 PM

GPMAN - I sent you a PM
Old 05-07-2008, 05:45 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

According to a post on allpar.com there will be an Official Challenger Launch Ceremony on Thursday May 8, 2008. In attendance will be Frank Ewasyshyn (Executive VP of Manufacturing), the media, politicians, and union officials.

I assume that the 2009 pricing will follow.
Old 05-07-2008, 06:20 AM
Super Moderator

Nice find, Cuda! Woo hoo!

Again...too bad there aren't web cams on the assembly line w/ a ticking scroll "Vin XXXXXX" being produced now....

I mean how cool would that be? The birth of you car. We talked about this before, but that'd be tight. A DVD, of "How it's Made" of your actual car. I'd pay $500 extra. And that'd go right to Chrysler....not a bad revenue generator.....

Wonder if they'd allow licensing or some such thing.....allow a free lance person to set up equipment and take a cut of the action....

Old 05-07-2008, 10:36 AM

back in 1977 i toured the river rouge assembly plant including walking thru the steel mill...that was cool...ford allowed you thru the steel mill and then to the actual assembly line..of course mustangs2's at the time which we will not go into too but it was cool for this kid...i support a live video feed of the plant making chally's...it would be groovy (dating my age i know).....and what ever happened to "boosted"...use to mean you stole something...ahh the hippie years.....
Old 05-07-2008, 01:22 PM

Thursday May 8th...that's tomorrow! I hope they announce pricing. Unless the pricing is really high, then I'll be all bummed out. I'm hoping the 09 R/T is not too far into the 30's.
Old 05-07-2008, 05:44 PM

THOR77 I'm sorry to say this but I extremely doubt that Chrysler Corp or Dodge Corp is going to start accepting orders for the 2009 Challengers on May 8th or any time in May because if you read thru all the other posts on these forums especially the post " Who has a 2008 on order" you will see that none of the 2008's have been delivered yet and Dodge is really confusing every rumor with thier own mixed up lies down to the report now that some of the Challengers are now stuck on a rail car which were built too low to get the cars off. How totally absurd along with them changing build codes back and forth that all our members are checking on to see when thier cars will be delivered. Some expected to have their car this week and now a bunch of new excuses. Haw Ha I don't know whats going on but something is not right and a lot of people are getting pi--ed off and you think they will take orders for the 2009 tommorrow? Let me know if you hear of anyone writing or filling out an order or sales contract for a 2009 Dodge Challenger of any kind.

As for this guy Bob Fredrick from Red Letter Dodge taking deposits for 2009's , well I dion't know who he is and someone said with his help you can order a 2009 SRT8 in Hemi Orange , well I don't think Dodge is going to print up thousands of sales booklets with the 2009 colors in them and it clearly shows that Hemi Orange can only be ordered in the R/T model . So again it will be a wait and see kind of thing and we are ALL AT THE MERCY OF DODGE...lets hope they gain a little sales savy and wise up before they lose a lot of sales to the new Mustangs coming out and the 2009 Camaro's. I for one am willing to wait a little longer to order a 2009 Challenger but my patience is wearing awfull thin at this point as I've been saving and waiting for over 2 years now. FatCat[:@]

quote]ORIGINAL: Thor77

Thursday May 8th...that's tomorrow! I hope they announce pricing. Unless the pricing is really high, then I'll be all bummed out. I'm hoping the 09 R/T is not too far into the 30's.
[/quote]
Old 05-08-2008, 07:32 AM

ORIGINAL: Thor77

I wouldn’t expect pricing to be out until the end of May, first of June. This is just my thought but I’m basing this on the fact that in the plants in July before shutdown they run out all of the current model years out (so for this year 08’s) and they will send a few of next years model down the line so that when everyone returns from shut down the only vehicles on the line will be the next model year (09’s). If they are going to do this they would need orders for that year which would lead me to believe the pricing and ordering would be open by at least mid June but preferably earlier to have more orders in the system.

Having said that I think the price of the R/T will start at 32K and will be 35K fully loaded.
Old 05-08-2008, 08:56 AM

66 Cuda,

There is no way dodge will have made all of the 08's much less the 09's before the July shut down. Not on the same line that will be running chargers & 300's unless they work overtime, run challengers only down the line or run a second shift. None of those options are very viable to a restructuring company. Just don't think it will happen, the math does not work. I believe the only challengers produce thus far are for the upper management of Dodge not the actual production cars as someone has already posted. I do think the actual productions cars will start being produced by the week after next. There will probably be a couple oif cars at the race this Sunday. I guess we never really give it much thought as to how our next step of prevention will be to watch the race intensely to obtain the next fix.
Old 05-08-2008, 11:57 AM

I'm just stating what normally happens during July shutdown. Technically if they are producing cars after the July shut down they are no longer 08's. I was under the assumption that Brampton is currently running two shifts. Once production ramps up, 6,400 Challengers is not that much, even with them being dispersed among Chargers and 300's.

Quick Reply: HAS ANYONE BEEN ABLE TO ORDER A 2009 YET?