Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

HELP 09 COLORS?

Old 05-22-2008, 11:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP 09 COLORS?

I need a bit of help from that side of the pond. Selling the 07 RAM to get 09 Stang! But the Challenger is calling and i haven't had a ford in 16 years.
I see the post about colors, what is the latest from Dodge on 09 colors. Is it true- Lime,Plum Bannana? Do the dealers have brocheres out yet? Does anyone have a order guide
posted. And one for the books- dealer mark-ups, the ones getting inported here are going for 80K +. I'll send list of AUTO trader type sites on next post or reply.
Old 05-22-2008, 11:53 AM

Default RE: HELP 09 COLORS?

You can go to Dodge.com and order a brochure. They should be able to mail you one. I ordered one from them and received it within 2 weeks.
Bob
Old 05-22-2008, 12:03 PM

Going to do that this weekend. Dodge.com show some great colors, but wheres the OLD SHCHOOL colors?
Check out autoscout24.de for what people over here have to pay for some muscle!
Old 05-22-2008, 12:15 PM

So far the only confirmed colors are:

Bright Silver Metallic
Brilliant Black Crystal Pearl
Dark Titanium Metallic
Deep Water Blue
Hemi Orange Pearl
Inferno Red Crystal Pearl
Stone White
TorRed

B5 Blue was on the preliminary '09 Brochure listed as "Late Availability" but there's nothing official on it yet.

No other colors have been officially announced either for immediate choice or late availability. Anything beyond the list above is pure rumor at this point.
Old 05-24-2008, 11:08 AM

Hi,

I,m new to this forum and I would be VERY interested in the 09 Challenger.

I'm trying to find out if there is a possibility to order the 09 Challenger SE in Hemi Orange, cause I LOVE this color.

Now you might be asking "Why don't you order the R/T? Then you'll get it!"

The reason is that I'm from Europe and the running costs and fuel prices over here are way too high for a V8 in daily usage.

I hope that somebody can answer my question.

THX in advance!
Old 05-24-2008, 11:38 AM

Doubtful. They won't put a color called "hemi orange" on a car without a hemi. There's already complaining going on that they're making hemi orange for model years besides the 08s anyway. You'll have to make peace with red.
Old 05-24-2008, 11:39 AM

The answer is NO, The Possibility is NO, The practicality is NO.
But wait until the 08's get Delivered and the allotments for the 09 SRT and RT are close to being filled and they will change there mind and you will probably be able to order HEMI orange in the SE V6. If you remember HEMI orange was only going to be issued to SRT's

ORIGINAL: Replicant

Hi,

I,m new to this forum and I would be VERY interested in the 09 Challenger.

I'm trying to find out if there is a possibility to order the 09 Challenger SE in Hemi Orange, cause I LOVE this color.

Now you might be asking "Why don't you order the R/T? Then you'll get it!"

The reason is that I'm from Europe and the running costs and fuel prices over here are way too high for a V8 in daily usage.

I hope that somebody can answer my question.

THX in advance!
Old 05-24-2008, 02:04 PM

@ Justinec101:

Unfortunately what you say makes perfectly sense
I was afraid that I would get such an answer, but I had to check it out

Luckily TorRed is a beautiful color as well

@ BUDMAN:

That again gives me some hope I'll have to wait a couple of months until I can order the car, so I can only hope you are right and they change their minds..

In each case, thanks for your answers!
Old 05-24-2008, 04:16 PM

Actually nothing was ever said about hemi orange only being on srts. There was also nothing said about hemi orange only being on the 08s either. I hear all this whining about the orange not being special anymore and that dodge screwed people over by telling them it was an 08 only color for the srts only but dodge never promised this. People just assumed and are now complaining about dodge not living up to their assumptions.

I hope that they make hemi orange available on the v6 and offer carbon fiber look hood stripes and a fake 2nd exhaust pipe and hemi badging just so these whining owners will turn around and sell their cars to someone who will actually appreciate it for what it is and not a "look at me I spent 40 grand" status symbol. Blech. That's not what these cars are about. If you want something limited that shows how special you are go buy a ferrari!!
Old 05-25-2008, 05:30 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The rumor is that Hemi-orange will only be offered for the first half of the 2009 SRT model run- presumably to satify all of the guys who wanted to buy an 2008 SRT but got shut out by dealers selling to the highest bidder.

Quick Reply: HELP 09 COLORS?